Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 08:40 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Large capacity mags are totally irrelevant. It takes a coupe of seconds to drop out an empty mag and slap in another.

A handgun fires bullets just as deadly and just as fast as those from a rifle and at close range the difference is further diminished, 1,000 or 2,000 fps (feet per second) makes little difference in a close quarters situation.
A handgun requires more skill IMO to raise the body count vs a semiautomatic rifle with a 60 bullet mag. I've fired both btw plenty of times. Enough ppl could have rushed the shooter if he had just had a small side arm with a 10-20 bullet capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:54 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yup. We shouldn't ban all muslims like Trump wants, it will only help ISIS recruiting and it wouldn't have stopped this US citizen from Ft Pierce, born in NY.

We do need to profile though, they do it in Isreal, works well. And the muslim community needs to step and start ratting these people out
Not to get too political, but the biggest boost to ISIS and terrorism in general is our occupation and regime change decisions in the Middle East, which is supported by Hillary. I also think Hillary is one of the most polically correct candidates, maybe in our history, so she probably wouldn't allow profiling even if the the next person in line was a nervous looking Middle Eastern man praying. Like I said, I don't think banning all Muslims is a good idea, but given the choice between two evils, I think Trump is the lesser of the two in this area, especially when it comes to foreign policy. If we fight, we go to win and then GTFO. None of this political correctness crap that makes war impossible to finish, which just creates more devestation and keeps us there for decades.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:10 AM

26 posts, read 23,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Not to get too political, but the biggest boost to ISIS and terrorism in general is our occupation and regime change decisions in the Middle East, which is supported by Hillary. I also think Hillary is one of the most polically correct candidates, maybe in our history, so she probably wouldn't allow profiling even if the the next person in line was a nervous looking Middle Eastern man praying. Like I said, I don't think banning all Muslims is a good idea, but given the choice between two evils, I think Trump is the lesser of the two in this area, especially when it comes to foreign policy. If we fight, we go to win and then GTFO. None of this political correctness crap that makes war impossible to finish, which just creates more devestation and keeps us there for decades.

You're not political at all, you're just talking plain common sense. something that is absent from Mr. Obama and Ms hillary

Old 06-14-2016, 09:18 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
The big problem isnt the suicide bomber and mass shooter.. its the ones who are in government, mosques and other high positions.. the ones who dont do the shooting or the bombings, but are behind teaching..the clever ones who tell some what to do..not the nutcases who listen and kill themselves with others. This is why its so difficult to find and stop the true perpetrators who live in nice houses , have good jobs and act respectable..

Exactly! The problem is a lot bigger and more complicated than people are willing to recognize.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:21 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
You're not political at all, you're just talking plain common sense. something that is absent from Mr. Obama and Ms hillary
Thanks!

Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 AM

26 posts, read 23,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
And maybe was so conflicted because of his religion, that he called 911 to pledge allegiance to ISIS in a desperate attempt to convince himself and the world that this was only about Jihad?

Why do homosexuals attempt to assert that somehow all other non-homosexual men are somehow "secretly homosexual" ?? that's crazy itself. Most men are not trying to "suppress" homosexual tendencies.

The shooter, like many psychopaths often attempt to stalk and get close to their future victims and targets. The shooter could have also been "cruising" to come on to men, in order to lure them individually to their deaths.

Conflicted about his sexuality? maybe, but probably not. He was definitely "conflicted" in that he was hellbent to KILL other humans.

Sharia law - in every nation condemns homosexuality. Judaism condemns homosexuality. Christianity condemns homosexuality. Many religions utterly condemn homosexuality. There is nothing unique about Islam and sharia law in re what constitutes sin viz sexuality. Sharia simply acts it out in a visible way without reservation, other religions only to a lesser degree that doesn't involve violence upon others.

This was an act of Terrorism no doubt...all terrorism is a Hate Crime, but all Hate Crimes are NOT Terrorism.

The left seems to want to paint this terrible violent act as only a Hate Crime, when it's moreover an act of war through Terrorism based on ideology. Crimes by definition are "criminal acts". This violence is not being investigated by police as a criminal act. It's being investigated as a Terrorist Act against the United States of America. It's not a "police action".

Remember the difference. The shooter is an actor in a war. His targets coincided with his ideology as a combatant in a war - not just "criminal" acts "against homosexuals".

Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Before I get into any of my opinions I just want to say as a long time Central Floridian this news absolutely broke my heart, one of the saddest days. Nobody, regardless of who they choose to love, whether you think it's the way they were born, a choice or a lifestyle, deserves to be subjected to this kind of hate or evil. No parent deserves to read the final words of their sons and daughters through dying text messages. No officer should have to spend days investigating the bodies of the fallen while their cell phones ring in desperate pleas from their loved ones. My heart goes out to all those affected.

But as the day went on, my heart began to beat again, and began to swell with pride. To see hundreds of people lined up in 90+ degree weather waiting to donate blood showed the world who we really are. To see hundreds upon hundreds gather for candlelight vigils. To go on facebook and read post from local business owners, many my personal friends, post about how they were organizing supply drives to bring to the blood banks and first responders on scene reminded me what our community is made of. And than watching the news as they went down the lines of volunteers asking people "what brought you out here today?" and just about everyone says "well I just moved to Orlando ____ years ago from ____. I saw the news and I just had to do something, this is my HOME now." At the end of the day, this is all our homes, for better or worse. Just about all of us came here from somewhere else to build a better tomorrow. I woke a couple days it ago and it was a dark day, but as we go forward and see all the acts of support, kindness and unity, I can hope that tomorrow will continue to be a brighter day for our Orlando, our home.

#ORLANDOSTRONG #ORLANDOUNITED

Old 06-14-2016, 10:21 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's time we start doing a little profiling, how many more terrorist attacks does there need to be before the bleeding hearts will stop being politically correct?

If there are 20 robberies in your neighborhood by an Asian male, you would be a fool to not profile a random Asian male at your front door vs a random Hispanic male. We need to bring back common sense. There is a problem with radical islam right now... It doesn't mean putting all Muslims into camps or banning all Muslims, it just means we should double or triple check any possible red flags and not be politically correct about it.
There's clearly much more of a problem with white males if one isn't working with selective short-term memory, which is the hallmark of those lacking in any semblance of a "bleeding heart"....

Who commits mass shootings? - CNN.com

Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
Why do homosexuals attempt to assert that somehow all other non-homosexual men are somehow "secretly homosexual" ?? that's crazy itself. Most men are not trying to "suppress" homosexual tendencies.

The shooter, like many psychopaths often attempt to stalk and get close to their future victims and targets. The shooter could have also been "cruising" to come on to men, in order to lure them individually to their deaths.

Conflicted about his sexuality? maybe, but probably not. He was definitely "conflicted" in that he was hellbent to KILL other humans.

Sharia law - in every nation condemns homosexuality. Judaism condemns homosexuality. Christianity condemns homosexuality. Many religions utterly condemn homosexuality. There is nothing unique about Islam and sharia law in re what constitutes sin viz sexuality. Sharia simply acts it out in a visible way without reservation, other religions only to a lesser degree that doesn't involve violence upon others.

This was an act of Terrorism no doubt...all terrorism is a Hate Crime, but all Hate Crimes are NOT Terrorism.

The left seems to want to paint this terrible violent act as only a Hate Crime, when it's moreover an act of war through Terrorism based on ideology. Crimes by definition are "criminal acts". This violence is not being investigated by police as a criminal act. It's being investigated as a Terrorist Act against the United States of America. It's not a "police action".

Remember the difference. The shooter is an actor in a war. His targets coincided with his ideology as a combatant in a war - not just "criminal" acts "against homosexuals".
Well, I have heard that people who are gay can tell (not by behaviors/appearance) if someone else is gay just by looking at them. It's called a "gaydar." I am respectfully telling you that you are wrong concerning gay people thinking most heterosexual men are suppressing their homosexuality/are secretly homosexual. If they do think someone is gay, it is probably because they can sense it. You don't have to believe this though.

And there are a lot of people out there who suppress their homosexuality because they are embarrassed, afraid, or have been taught to hate it. Do you remember...who was it...I think it was pastor Eddie Long from Georgia. He has a megachurch and would go on crusades against homosexuality. Then, it was found out that he was having inappropriate relationships with the men since they were I think 16 or so. This was going for years where he would send them pics of himself (inappropriate), take them on trips around the world, and I think one said that he took showers with him, etc.

I'm just trying to say that this kind of thing is out there.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:56 AM

I would like to share a few links with everyone.

Christian Pastor Says Gay Victims Of Orlando Massacre Deserve No Sympathy

Pastor Roger Jimenez says Orlando is 'safer' after Pulse nightclub shooting - NewsGrio

These people are not Muslim. I challenge a lot of people on this thread to not fall victim to the media's game. Hate against people who are gay is perpetuated in sports, in schools, in places of worships, etc. We can't afford to just blame Islam. It is essential that we really pay attention to what kids/adults are being taught. They are being taught that people who are gay are perverts, are wrong, should be punished. Didn't the father of the the man who killed the innocent people in the club say that 'God' should punish homosexuals and not his son?

For the record, it's not just 'extreme' churches either. I think churches that accept LGBT people and say, "We hate the sin but not the sinner," are just as bad. Our laws, way of life continue to be controlled by the backward beliefs of a few men from thousands of years ago who thought they knew what was best for the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando