Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 32,836 times

Advertisements

Hi, does anybody know about the super Walmart possibly opening up on Dowden and Narcossee in 2008? I cant find any blogs about it. My mother lives in Northlake Park and if this is true then I will advise her to move. This is less then 1 mile from Northlake Park. Check out this artical in the Orlando Business Journal dated January 4th, 2008.
This is what it reads:

ORLANDO -- The tony community of Lake Nona is about to get its first big-box general merchandise retailer near the intersection of Narcoossee and Dowden roads. Lake Nona Investors LLC purchased a 26.2-acre piece of land Dec. 14 for $9.1 million from Busch Properties of Florida LLC, the real estate arm of Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. Located at 9398 Narcoossee Road, the parcel will be used for 330,000 square feet of retail space, including a 200,000-square-foot supercenter retailer.
Lake Nona Investors includes Grandstaff Development Equities of Oviedo, Equinox Development Properties of Orlando and Winter Park-based hotel company Prince-Bush Investments.
Ryan Stahl, president of Equinox Development Properties, says the partners are negotiating with multiple big-box retailers. Stahl expects to have an agreement within 90 days. He declined to say which big-box retailers might be negotiating for the space, but land-use consultant David Marks, president of Marketplace Advisors Inc, suspects Wal-Mart is the most likely candidate. At 200,000 square feet, the space would best accommodate either a Wal-Mart Supercenter or SuperTarget supercenter, Marks says.
"Typically, Wal-Mart goes into a market earlier than Target does. Target looks to draw from a larger population base," says Marks, whose Maitland-based firm analyzes real estate opportunities for retailers and mixed-use projects.
While Wal-Mart may seem like an unlikely retailer near neighborhoods boasting of million-dollar homes, Marks says the retail giant has supplemented the small regional shopping centers that offer a wide variety of general merchandise regardless of income level.
"People still have to buy underwear and socks," Marks says. "And with the economy where it is today, people are starting to look for more value."
Stahl did confirm the developer has inked a lease with CVS Pharmacy for one of the outparcels. He says negotiations are ongoing with a gas station operator, as well, although he again declined to identify which company might operate the facility.
Bock & Partners of Altamonte Springs has provided some early design work on the project, Stahl says.
Kimley Horn is providing engineering, while Wachovia is financing the project.
A general contractor has not yet been selected.
The Orlando City Council changed the zoning on the property to planned development on Oct. 15. Stahl says construction on the outparcels should begin in April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 11:30 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,343 times
I heard about it. That would not be good for the area people move out there to get away now the city is coming to you.

Bunch of BS

Old 02-24-2008, 07:41 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,609 times
The new Super Walmart is on Goldenrod in 32822. The address is: 5991 New Goldenrod Road Orlando, FL 32822

Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 32,836 times
Default Super Walmart in GOLDENROD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
The new Super Walmart is on Goldenrod in 32822. The address is: 5991 New Goldenrod Road Orlando, FL 32822
Hi do you mean that the above Super wal-mart planned for Lake Nona has been moved to Goldenrod or is that a different situation. Let me know. Thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,865 times
I"d think superTarget would conform better in an area like Lake Nona. I'd be very surprised if Wal-Mart got the lease, and dissappointed.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnott101 View Post
Hi do you mean that the above Super wal-mart planned for Lake Nona has been moved to Goldenrod or is that a different situation. Let me know. Thanks
I don't know if this is the one that was planned for Lake Nona....but is the only one I know of in the general area.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 12,772 times
Smile Walmart in Lake Nona

You can relax, there will be no Wal-Mart on Narcoossee and Dowden. I am part of the development there and I have heard of a possible Target or Costco/Sams. There was already a Super Wal-mart built down Narcoossee at the intersection of Goldenrod.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:08 AM

732 posts, read 4,157,232 times
Put up union signs around the area and they will leave

Old 04-08-2008, 11:17 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,343 times
cali96 is correct. They nipped this in the butt real quick. That is why it is now on the corner of Goldenrod and Hoffner in that new shopping center.
I do not know about SuperTarget coming to Lake Nona, but they are building one at the intersection of Lee Vista and Semoran by MCO. I do not know how many they need!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:28 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I heard about it. That would not be good for the area people move out there to get away now the city is coming to you.

Bunch of BS
Wal-Mart isn't typicly part of a city landscape, it is decidely rural and suburban.

What people should be more worried about is the fact that a Wal-Mart will bring alot more traffic jams, as Wal-Marts are notorious for causing traffic problems. Also, Wal-Mart has a poor image, to the point that many people consider them blights on a community, it is definitely not connected with upward mobility and corporate responsibility, something more affluent people look for. Wal Mart might also lower property values and increase crime; Wal-Mart parking lots are notorious for crime as well, and Wal-Mart is going to need somewhere for their employees to live, likely near Lake Nona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando