U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 PM

111 posts, read 486,349 times

Advertisements

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has opinions of Seminole county schools-Are they highly regarded? Safe?
Also, if anyone knows about the towns of Oviedo, Winter Springs, or any other town you know to be a family friendly safe town, I would greatly appreciate any information about safe areas to live with good schools (high schools).
Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 AM

15 posts, read 66,577 times
Seminole County schools are great. I am a product of Seminole County schools, having graduated from Lake Mary High School. I am also a teacher in Orange County. Seminole schools are well regarded, but your involvement in your child's education will impact whether or not he/she has success. Oviedo and Winter Springs High are both respected schools in the area you asked about. Let me know if you have any questions about other schools.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:49 AM

387 posts, read 1,417,658 times
If I had to live in the Orlando area, I'd take Oviedo and those areas around Seminole Co.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,672,565 times
You just metioned all the area's I recommend the most when people want family friendly and great schools.

There is alot of info about those area's on this forum. You can also get lots of info about schools here.... GreatSchools.net and lots of city info here Welcome to the City of Oviedo | City of Oviedo, Florida and here Home (http://www.winterspringsfl.org/EN/home.htm - broken link)

Nice area's with good schools in OC are also Lake Nona area, Waterford Lakes, and Dr. Phillips.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 AM

35 posts, read 152,735 times
I've lived in Winter Springs for 9 years and the area that we live in I consider very safe.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM

53 posts, read 35,097 times
Default hi there

I would recommend Winter Garden/Windermere. I dont only specialize in homes in this area but we like it so much we live here. We have a 7yr old daughter who is in 1st grade and we are very happy with the school. I am from the UK and my wife is American. Our daughter is actually my step daughter, but what i do like is her teacher is English, so she is picking up the accent from me at home and her teacher at school. I also think that she does have a good education by having a teacher who is experienced in the UK aswell. It broadens their horizons, but I do find for your children to do well in the schooling system here you have to take an active rolse in their school career

Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,752 times
Lake Mary, Florida is wonderful and I would highly recommend it. I am from New York.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:18 PM

111 posts, read 486,349 times
Thanks to all of you for your helpful information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or