Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,657 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
My husband has received a job offer in Kissimmee, Florida. We are currently living in Michigan and have no idea where to start looking for a home around there. We will be in the market for a house somewhere in the 140K-200K range in a good community. We have two children elementary school age and would like them to be enrolled in a good school.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM

60 posts, read 149,711 times
The houses are very cheap right now so great choice! Best bet is to go on google and type in grade A elementary schools. I used to live down there and i think my brother attended spring lake elementary and it wasnt great.
Poinciana was a nice neighbourhood and quiet but I think that is the district for only that school.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:27 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Default Hi

As was posted before, lots of choice and great neighbourhoods. I have a client whom is from the North and they are here at the moment and they visited Poinciana and they hated it. It depends on what your looking for. It may look nice on paper, but you will only know when you visit the area for your self.

There are a number of great neighbourhoods though but without knowing what size and bed and baths you required, i wouldnt be able to offer you any specific areas.

Best of luck

Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 AM

14 posts, read 48,410 times
Well you probably don't want Poinciana part of Kissimmee the commute is killer even into Kissimmee proper. Y

By the way one thing to be wary about is our foreclosure situation here. We have lots of foreclosures and short sales can be a pitfall for a buyer when you are on a moving schedule.

Last edited by OTownHelper12; 03-07-2008 at 02:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando