Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 04:38 PM

91 posts, read 101,890 times

Advertisements

I lived in Hunter's Creek for 10 years, left and moved to Seminole County. My parents and brother have lived in HC for 16 years. They love living there but are certainly feeling overwhelmed with the influx of new residents, congestion, and traffic. I tell them that's most of Central Florida these days.

https://www.change.org/p/orange-coun...share_petition

*By posting this, I'm not encouraging anyone to sign the petition, I just found the information interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:43 PM

481 posts, read 500,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo4444 View Post
I lived in Hunter's Creek for 10 years, left and moved to Seminole County. My parents and brother have lived in HC for 16 years. They love living there but are certainly feeling overwhelmed with the influx of new residents, congestion, and traffic. I tell them that's most of Central Florida these days.

https://www.change.org/p/orange-coun...share_petition

*By posting this, I'm not encouraging anyone to sign the petition, I just found the information interesting.
Lake County just went through something similar. The anti-growth (or whatever you want to call it) won. If this is something important to you, send me a private message, and can forward you the guy's contact info that started the movement in Lake County, he may be able to give you some pointers on how to be more successful

Old 01-06-2017, 07:01 PM

3,933 posts, read 5,036,525 times
"Hunter's Creek schools are known for and the reason why our community has held its property values"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:59 PM

24,324 posts, read 26,712,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
"Hunter's Creek schools are known for and the reason why our community has held its property values"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
lololol

Old 01-06-2017, 08:23 PM

91 posts, read 101,890 times
Not important to me at all! My brother on the other hand shared the petition on Facebook. I think if you're "anti-growth", Orlando isn't for you...heck most of Central Florida would need a petition, not just Hunter''s Creek.

I left HC in 2012, my family keeps asking me when I'm moving back...never. I love Seminole County...just hate my commute to downtown Orlando for work.

Also, my brother is a real estate agent for new construction homes in another area with rapid growth (Winter Garden), so he loves new development, just not in HIS neighborhood lol

Old 01-07-2017, 01:21 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,223,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Definitely made me chuckle. HC is kinda 2nd tier I think, but honestly, prob no better than than "new" Windermere

Old 01-09-2017, 03:53 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,513,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Definitely made me chuckle. HC is kinda 2nd tier I think, but honestly, prob no better than than "new" Windermere
When I left Orlando in March 2016, traffic on John Young was pretty bad most times, even with the 55 mph speed limit between 528 and Town Center Blvd it got backed up badly

Hunter's Creek is still a great community and a wonderful place to live. But the growth has gotten out of hand. I remember them building new homes and extending Town Center Blvd even further west around the time I left for Las Vegas. At this point they may as well extend it all the way to International Drive

Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

16,826 posts, read 14,998,465 times
Have you all been to Maitland, Apopka, Lake Nona, and even Sanford lately? Take a drive down the 414 at 8am or 5pm on any given weekday and you'll go insane. Try to get from the Altamonte Mall to West I4 on any given day, and good luck.
T is what it is: Central Florida is booming. I see it becoming the next Miami within a few years. It's not that far off. Only thing missing is a Brickell.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,719,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Central Florida is booming. I see it becoming the next Miami within a few years.
Noooooooooo.

The next Atlanta, Houston, or any other non-NYC/CHI/LA major city would be a better option. :-)

Old 01-10-2017, 09:18 AM

617 posts, read 824,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Have you all been to Maitland, Apopka, Lake Nona, and even Sanford lately? Take a drive down the 414 at 8am or 5pm on any given weekday and you'll go insane. Try to get from the Altamonte Mall to West I4 on any given day, and good luck.
T is what it is: Central Florida is booming. I see it becoming the next Miami within a few years. It's not that far off. Only thing missing is a Brickell.
Yup, traffic is outrageous everywhere. Looking at the population growth figures for the past decade, it's not surprising. People are moving here in droves and bringing their cars and driving habits with them

I really hope Orlando does not become anything like Miami. Let's keep that down in Miami lol. I will say Orlando is starting to slightly resemble maybe Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding areas, but it's nowhere near Miami levels yet. The day that happens will be the day I move away to escape the madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando