Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 4,237 times

Advertisements

I am considering a job offer from a major hospital in Florida in Altamonte Springs FL

We are a family of 4 and considering moving to warmer weather to get some active lifestyle for us and babies.

What are some good areas to rent? Near Altamonte springs? any specific communities that is recommended? We are looking into winter park. Our budget is 1.5K for 2bed/2bath rent first and buy later.

Any specific location for young families? My twins are 9 months old and would like some great parks/trails/playgrounds nearby.

Any day care options that's recommended?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the changes, move with the babies

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 PM

617 posts, read 832,564 times
I would recommend either Winter Springs or Oviedo which are both about 15-20 minutes west of Altamonte. Very family friendly areas and you can certainly find something within your budget there. You could probably even find a 3/2 single family or townhome in that range.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:51 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashuma09 View Post
I am considering a job offer from a major hospital in Florida in Altamonte Springs FL

We are a family of 4 and considering moving to warmer weather to get some active lifestyle for us and babies.

What are some good areas to rent? Near Altamonte springs? any specific communities that is recommended? We are looking into winter park. Our budget is 1.5K for 2bed/2bath rent first and buy later.

Any specific location for young families? My twins are 9 months old and would like some great parks/trails/playgrounds nearby.

Any day care options that's recommended?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the changes, move with the babies

Thanks
Sounds like you're going to be at Florida Hospital-North in Altamonte Springs. For a good family-friendly area I would recommend the well-established-planned community of Wekiva in neighboring Longwood which is popular younger families because of the A+ rated schools. Check out Sabal Club, Sabal Park and Golf Brrok apartments which are walking distance to shops/restaurants/parks and an easy 15 minute drive to the hospital with no highways! I think you could very well enjoy making it your permanent neighborhood after you explore a bit. I have heard good things about Primrose School daycare but can't personally attest.

https://www.primroseschools.com/scho..._source=google
Sabal Park | Sabal Point Luxury Apartments | Longwood, FL
Apartments in Longwood | Sabal Club Apartments
Golf Brook Apartments | Luxury Apartments | Longwood, FL

Old 01-17-2017, 06:57 AM

91 posts, read 103,127 times
I live in Altamonte Springs and Winter Springs is a wonderful, family-friendly community within your price range, it's about 15-20 minutes from Florida Hospital-Altamonte. Oviedo is great too, but a little further out. Longwood is nice too.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:09 AM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Sounds like you're going to be at Florida Hospital-North in Altamonte Springs. For a good family-friendly area I would recommend the well-established-planned community of Wekiva in neighboring Longwood which is popular younger families because of the A+ rated schools. Check out Sabal Club, Sabal Park and Golf Brrok apartments which are walking distance to shops/restaurants/parks and an easy 15 minute drive to the hospital with no highways! I think you could very well enjoy making it your permanent neighborhood after you explore a bit. I have heard good things about Primrose School daycare but can't personally attest.

https://www.primroseschools.com/scho..._source=google
Sabal Park | Sabal Point Luxury Apartments | Longwood, FL
Apartments in Longwood | Sabal Club Apartments
Golf Brook Apartments | Luxury Apartments | Longwood, FL
I second this. The Wekiva Springs area including Sabal is terrific. You shouldn't have much of a hard time finding a place at that range. Might even be able to find a small single family house.
A quick glance on Craigslist brings up a few places.
This, for instance, is in Winter Springs, which while a bit farther out, is still not far.
708 Lancewood Dr

$200 more than your target range yields this, in Wekiva
WEKIVA - ALTAMONTE - LONGWOOD

Old 01-30-2017, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,237 times
Thank you so much, We will checkout the Longwood, Wekiva springs area.

Any input of day care options/nanny services - approx cost of day care or nanny in the area?

I really appreciate the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando