Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
There will never be another crash if you look at why it happened. No more idiots in the government. Those days are gone.
Oh I promise you there will be... when GOP is in control things will get deregulated which will cause a boom then a big bust like we experienced before. When DEM is in control things will artificially held up by government stimulus until it finally gives way to the inevitable. The good news is in either case busts are good things for those who understand the economy goes in cycles regardless of politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 11:33 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post

Is this in any way related to the thread or the topic?
I'm not the one claiming that Orlando is in any way shape or form comparable to New York or San Francisco.
You're complaining about stagnant income and rising housing costs which is really a much bigger problem than just Orlando. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective and show you that reality than Orlando is more affordable than a lot of other cities with global prominence

Old 03-15-2017, 11:35 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Oh I promise you there will be... when GOP is in control things will get deregulated which will cause a boom then a big bust like we experienced before. When DEM is in control things will artificially held up by government stimulus until it finally gives way to the inevitable. The good news is in either case busts are good things for those who understand the economy goes in cycles regardless of politics.
You blame politicians for what is orchestrated by the FED. The FED creates these cycles. Look no further than Alan Greenspan himself.... and yes I've been slowly taking cash out of the stock market, just in case lol

Old 03-16-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You're complaining about stagnant income and rising housing costs which is really a much bigger problem than just Orlando. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective and show you that reality than Orlando is more affordable than a lot of other cities with global prominence
Exactly and as mentioned many cities have it much worse.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You blame politicians for what is orchestrated by the FED. The FED creates these cycles. Look no further than Alan Greenspan himself.... and yes I've been slowly taking cash out of the stock market, just in case lol
The Fed is an extension of the Administration pretty much. I don't expect you to believe me, but one of my close friends is friends with one of the higher ups at the Federal reserve and said they have been kicking the can down the road on interest rates because of the Obama Administration feared raising rates would spark fear and end his term with poor numbers. He went on to say as soon as the next president is elected they would increase rates regularly which is happening now. I'm sure we wouldn't have seen so much QE had a Conservative president been elected in 2008/2012. I'm not complaining though, I've made a fortune on the stock market. Now is a good time to buy as well. I work full time trading for myself from home.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:43 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixi View Post
Compare 2 similar cities:
Orlando, FL (http://www.city-data.com/city/Orlando-Florida.html)
Anaheim, CA (http://www.city-data.com/city/Anaheim-California.html)
Both have:
- Disney - Tourist
- Anaheim, CA has more population than Orlando, FL
- Anaheim income : $58K vs Orlando of #45K
- Anaheim house costs $$420K vs Orlando $215K

What is better?
They both share the same county name...

I think it is better to compare metro to metro than city to city. I'm sure Anaheim feeds off of being in the Los Angeles metro area.

I mean, city for city, Miami (pop. 400K) is small compared to Houston (2.3 mil). But metro to metro, they're on similar levels with over 6 million people, complex highway systems, lots of high rises, professional sports, etc.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:21 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton appointed Barney Frank and his boyfriend (who had no experience) to run the housing industry. Barney said "everyone should get a mortgage regardless". So that's what the banks did and then Walla, the foreclosures started coming in for unpaid mortgages, and the collapse of the housing market. Barney was still there when Bush was president and Bush asked him 17 times if everything was alright and he said "everything is fine"!!! HA

Old 03-16-2017, 06:26 PM

536 posts, read 852,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovfl View Post
Bill Clinton appointed Barney Frank and his boyfriend (who had no experience) to run the housing industry. Barney said "everyone should get a mortgage regardless". So that's what the banks did and then Walla, the foreclosures started coming in for unpaid mortgages, and the collapse of the housing market. Barney was still there when Bush was president and Bush asked him 17 times if everything was alright and he said "everything is fine"!!! HA
Darn that Bill Clinton & Barney Frank...it's all their fault the entire economy crashed...7 1/2 years into the Bush / Cheney administration.

Funny how that works.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:30 PM

The 2008/9 crash stemmed mostly from loose lending practices. People using stated income/stated assets to get loans they couldnt afford. Loan programs like neg-arms. Banks making risky investments. Basically greed from the very bottom to the very top.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Quote:
The 2008/9 crash stemmed mostly from loose lending practices. People using stated income/stated assets to get loans they couldnt afford. Loan programs like neg-arms. Banks making risky investments. Basically greed from the very bottom to the very top.
The banks were told to give mortgages to people who were not qualified or should I say, they did not have to be qualified to get a mortgage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando