Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:22 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Dr Phillips has a latge Indian community and Dr Phillips Elementary is a great school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM

6 posts, read 12,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetoorlando1 View Post
The state of Florida ranks all schools based on A to F ranking system. I have listed some of the 'A' rated schools by county on the web site: www.movetoorlando.info. There you can also find a link to the ranking of all 67 school districts in the state. It should be noted that these are public school rankings. You have to be careful with the private schools and do your due diligence. The popular ones don't necessarily offer the best education. I know a number of people that transferred their children to private schools only to go back to public for better academic experience. (there are some good magnet schools in Seminole County you may also consider)
Thank you so much!!! this link will really help me to decide

Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM

6 posts, read 12,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
If you have a job in Lake Mary, living there or in Sanford is your best bet. You do not want to be commuting from the south out of southern Seminole County or Orange County unless you like spending a long time in your car every day. Again, Seminole County schools are your best bet. Sun Lake Apartments in Lake Mary will place you in the Heathrow Elementary school zone which is an "A" rated school and the apartments themselves have a very sizable Indian community living there plus three Indian restaurants and an Indian market minutes away.
Thank you Kyle!

I agree with you that spending time over commute is no worthwhile.

1. So i called the Choices in learning school and they said that admissions are over. And they do not make any admissions. Are charter schools private schools? I heard its not private but acts same as public but independently. Your views on this?

2. Also I have heard about colonial grand apartments which have a good sizeable indian community, does this fall under Heathrow. Looks like heathrow will be the only choice for me for now.

thanks,

Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramys View Post
Thank you Kyle!

I agree with you that spending time over commute is no worthwhile.

1. So i called the Choices in learning school and they said that admissions are over. And they do not make any admissions. Are charter schools private schools? I heard its not private but acts same as public but independently. Your views on this?

2. Also I have heard about colonial grand apartments which have a good sizeable indian community, does this fall under Heathrow. Looks like heathrow will be the only choice for me for now.

thanks,
I don't know about the charter schools and would be reluctant to recommend. Colonial Grand is a beautiful community in a very safe location that is walkable in nice weather to shops/restaurants. I am almost certain it's zoned for Heathrow Elementary though I would call the leasing office to ask for sure.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:30 PM

22 posts, read 14,862 times
There's a website you can check the address for all of seminole county:

School Zone Search

Make sure you check. Our rental is in that Region 2 nonsense. So even though we're in Lake Mary my little guy might have to go to one of two schools in Sanford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando