U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 AM

6 posts, read 11,455 times

Advertisements

hey everyone. i'm new here as i was searching online for a few stuff about moving to orlando and i came across this forum which looked perfect for me to ask.
i'm tell a little about myself first. i'm 23 years old, live in hudson county, nj, dont go to school as i have no money for college, so to me is the usual ****ty jobs, working at restaurants, construction, painting, moving. i hate the cold and winter, i love the hot weather, the hotter the better when its 100 degrees here in nj everyone hates it and are inside with their ac on, i'm loving it either out playing sports and lifting weights or watching a movie or playing video games. I have a bad back and neck thanks to when i first started lifting weights and knew nothing about it and than working with moving company.
now that you know a little about me.. i wanted to know what do you guys think. i was planning on driving to florida so i can take all my stuff, laptop, clothes, dvd collection which is 600, ps2 and super nintendo, tv, ipod, and some other junk. some i can take with me if i go by plane but others like super nintendo, ps2, tv and my dvd collection wont be possible.
i was doing some calculations and it would be a 16 hour drive with no sleep, with sleep 25 hours to get there. my car is like 28 gallon so it be like 84 gallon total of gas which by approximally $3.20 of gas would be around $268 in gas. and the toll that i have no idea how to calculate.
am i better off driving taking all my stuff or flying? which would be cheaper? i can get a ps2, super nintendo and tv once i get there again but i wont let go of my dvd collection, clothes, laptop and ipod.
also i hear all kinds of stuff about florida.. my friend has been living in orlando for 6 years now and hurricanes has never come close to where he lives in orlando so he never had that problem. he also tells me that there are a lot of jobs at like hotels and restaurants cuz of a lot of tourist go there, what other jobs are there that are a little better? how much is the minimun they pay for the hour? like nj is $7 i think, how much is there? are things there expensive? clothes, food? what about rent? what am i better off doing renting a room or an apt? how much would be pseg? do they include hot water and heat? actually how cold does it get in orlando on winter or is it hot all year around? whats the gas price like there? is it true that nothing is close to anything that you need a car to get around? are the beaches any close? are they nice? are there actually waves on them that i can actually surf? college any cheaper in florida than here in jersey? how much the internet a month or is it easy to get wireless internet there and "borrow" the free internet? how much is slice of piece? how much to get into a club? how much is a case of 12 coke cans?
i think thats it for now. i know too many questions but please if you guys can. i'd appreciate. thank you very much.
Will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 08:18 AM

765 posts, read 2,332,582 times
I moved here from NJ about four years ago. I am finding living expenses to be the same as in NJ, but the pay is about 1/2 of what I made in NJ. I would stay in NJ. I would love to move back, but cannot afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or