Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:39 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,894,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Disney makes buyers in Celebration sign off in that they'll never talk bad about Celebration.
I'm not saying it's a bad/good... just an FYI.
Does Disney even have anything to do with Celebration nowadays,I know they developed the town but as far as I know sold the town to a private RE investment firm like 10-15 years ago.I know they have offices in town and probably own some parcels but I would be surprised if what you mention is currently true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:30 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Celebration, FL Rules and Covenants

Yeah, no thanks

Old 06-22-2017, 05:49 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Does Disney even have anything to do with Celebration nowadays,I know they developed the town but as far as I know sold the town to a private RE investment firm like 10-15 years ago.I know they have offices in town and probably own some parcels but I would be surprised if what you mention is currently true.
Thinking you might be right... I did a bunch of "googling" but can't find anything indicating that it was sold. Everything I found shows it's still Disney's.
Where did you find Disney sold it?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:41 AM

215 posts, read 279,464 times
Quote:
Disney makes buyers in Celebration sign off in that they'll never talk bad about Celebration.
I'm not saying it's a bad/good... just an FYI.
Completely untrue. Disney no longer has any ownership interest in Celebration as of 2004. Know plenty of residents and ex residents who will speak very openly about the good, the bad and the ugly.

I actually don't mind any of the rules- they are no more strict (actually they are less strict!) than my HOA's rules. I like it because I don't have neighbors with unmowed grass, boats on the driveway and ugly fences. However, if you are the neighbor who wants to park your RV on the back lawn and an above ground pool, then it might not be for you.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClC053103 View Post
Completely untrue.
I saw the contract myself.
Maybe it's changed - but I know what I read.
It was incredibly controlling and changed my view/opinion of Disney.
Walt would be rolling in his grave.

Who owns Celebration now?
What's the name of the company?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:47 PM

215 posts, read 279,464 times
Quote:
I saw the contract myself.
Maybe it's changed - but I know what I read.
It was incredibly controlling and changed my view/opinion of Disney.
Walt would be rolling in his grave.

Who owns Celebration now?
What's the name of the company?
Perhaps it was out there in the early days. But it's not now.

Myth: Celebration is owned by the Walt Disney Company and/or is a part of Walt Disney World.

Fact: It is true that Celebration is located on land that used to be part of the Walt Disney World Resort. However, it is now a part of Kissimmee and Osceola County. Disney retained ownership of some assets, like the downtown area and the golf course, for a while, but they were both recently sold. Currently, Disney still owns commercial parcels near I-4 on Celebration Blvd. Their development arm, The Celebration Company, is in the process of marketing to potential buyers, most likely for hotels.

celebrationinfo.com

Old 06-25-2017, 06:56 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,543 times
As a neighborhood, Celebration is very desolate and disconnected from Orlando the city, this is partly due to the fact that Celebration was developed by Disney and is located in the heart of the Disney tourism area, this is not necessarily a good thing, being near Disney means heavy traffic on a regular basis, tourists everywhere, and you will have to drive further to get to local points of interest that are not tourist attractions.

IMHO I have never seen Celebration as the type of neighborhood I would want to leave in due to the reasons above.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:13 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,894,939 times
I would live there as long as my work commute is minimal,but I agree that there are other parts of Orlando that are also not far from the theme parks that are better options.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClC053103 View Post
Perhaps it was out there in the early days. But it's not now.

Fact: It is true that Celebration is located on land that used to be part of the Walt Disney World Resort. However, it is now a part of Kissimmee and Osceola County. Disney retained ownership of some assets, like the downtown area and the golf course, for a while, but they were both recently sold. Currently, Disney still owns commercial parcels near I-4 on Celebration Blvd. Their development arm, The Celebration Company, is in the process of marketing to potential buyers, most likely for hotels.

Thanks for the update!
Back in the day when it was being built, I worked for one of the contractors.
At that time, Disney had bought a ton of land from Celebration going all the way east and planned on building many more Celebration type properties. I'm guessing since Celebration wasn't the hit they thought it would be those plans were cancelled?

Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Thanks for the update!
Back in the day when it was being built, I worked for one of the contractors.
At that time, Disney had bought a ton of land from Celebration going all the way east and planned on building many more Celebration type properties. I'm guessing since Celebration wasn't the hit they thought it would be those plans were cancelled?
They probably went in a different direction after the CEO change. Disney Shanghai is apparently a big hit overseas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando