Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:04 AM

120 posts, read 72,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He's clearly trolling
I know totally. And his screen name makes me sad. I picture some insecure junior high kid with low self esteem that is embarrassed when his mom picks him up at school because he is ashamed of her car and decides some day he will grow up and buy a BMW and show them all. Lol.

Last edited by Brinley; 11-03-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Right, that's why Pine Hills is the safest neighborhood in Central Florida because nobody wants to break into a cheap home and why Islesworth is the most crime ridden part of the city!

Sorry but your attempts at political correctness is a bunch of lying bull **** that is doing a great diservice to someone not familiar with Central Florida.
Why are you so angry? What a weird thing to get in a heated debate over.

You are doing a great diservice to people unfamiliar with central Florida.
People in central Florida are told to always assume that there is an alligator in every body of water.
Same goes for crime.
You should always assume that a crime can occur in any neighborhood.

Telling people that they are safer in other neighborhoods gives them a false sense of security.
Crime can happen any where.

Did you pay cash in full for your BMW? Or did you go to a dealership, put down a deposit, lock yourself into monthly payments with interest, agreeing to pay more then the car is worth, and knowing that the car would depreciate in value the second you drove it out of the lot?

If that's what you did you are not the type of person that I want any advice from.

Ps if a pine hills home gets broken into its because the person is a drug dealer so the burglars are looking for drugs and money. And isle worth? Like that would actually be an option for a person randomly moving to Orlando in a few weeks. What a dumb thing to say.

Last edited by Brinley; 11-03-2017 at 12:35 AM..

Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinley View Post
Why are you so angry? What a weird thing to get in a heated debate over.

You are doing a great diservice to people unfamiliar with central Florida.
People in central Florida are told to always assume that there is an alligator in every body of water.
Same goes for crime.
You should always assume that a crime can occur in any neighborhood.

Telling people that they are safer in other neighborhoods gives them a false sense of security.
Crime can happen any where.

Did you pay cash in full for your BMW? Or did you go to a dealership, put down a deposit, lock yourself into monthly payments with interest, agreeing to pay more then the car is worth, and knowing that the car would depreciate in value the second you drove it out of the lot?

If that's what you did you are not the type of person that I want any advice from.

Ps if a pine hills home gets broken into its because the person is a drug dealer so the burglars are looking for drugs and money. And isle worth? Like that would actually be an option for a person randomly moving to Orlando in a few weeks. What a dumb thing to say.
You are basically steering someone unfamiliar with Orlando into a neighborhood like Oakridge. It would be like recommending someone to live in Hunters Point in San Francisco, Liberty City in Miami, Englewood in Chicago... only an idiot would recommend these areas to someone unfamiliar with these cities unless they said they don't care about how dangerous the area is, I just want the cheapest rent possible. Your idea that Palm Beach is more dangerous than Oakridge is a joke. There is nothing trollish about it. Saying crime can happen anywhere is like saying cancer can happen to anyone... sure it can, but that doesn't mean you should then start smoking 10 packs a day, downing a bottle of vodka a day and taping your head next to a microwave. Oh and not sure why it matters, but I paid cash.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 11-03-2017 at 07:49 AM..

Old 11-03-2017, 08:09 AM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
That's why the gates are there? I thought that they were there to add to the charm of the place. They are so pretty. Wrought iron with gold tips.

What place has all of these things that is far far away from a ghetto?
And I don't mind that it's near a ghetto. If I did I would be looking into losing money on some mediocre place far far away from a ghetto for the same price I could buy at park central.
And I'm not one of those people that stays with in the resort when I travel to exotic places because outside of the resort is considered dangerous. I always leave the resort and explore the "ghettos" and I love it. I'm guessing you are not the same way. So I really don't care if there is a place that has more to offer then park central that is far from a ghetto because a ghetto near by doesn't bother me. The point is you can't come up with another place in central Florida that has all that which is why it's a good place to be and invest in.

Ps. Look how good I am at selling the place already! Lol. That's why I want it. It's so perfect!
As far as the gates go, I'm more speaking about the giant wall at the back of it. It is there to ward off people and activity from across (Texas Ave.)

That said, if you don't mind being directly adjacent to a (very bad) ghetto, then you'd probably love Park Central. Yes, it is VERY nice inside, and has its own cafes and stuff IIRC.

Aside from that, I have always been a fan of most of Metrowest, despite what some other posters think of it. There, you can also find places that have the amenities you are looking for.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:03 PM

73 posts, read 65,004 times
Quote:

That area is on the same power grid as OUC.
It never loses electricity.
Surrounding areas had no electricity for up to a week.

Or you can go to Dr. Philips and eat peanut butter crackers for a week the next time a storm comes.

Yaa Brinley ---> Dr. Phillips sucks and Oakridge is a good place to live!
timetatakeyer moonlight stroll along Texas and Holden(Hold up)Ave.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:01 PM

15 posts, read 13,582 times
I'm disappointed that my post has turned into this, sorry about that guys.

Anyways, this move is now official. I'll be out of town towards the beginning of December, so I'll either move in two weeks or at the end of the year, probably the latter. I think I missed bmw335xi's condo recommendation the first time around (or was simply distracted by the overwhelming amount of information I was going through), but I did realize that the resources I was using to search with were ignoring condos and townhomes. I'm now looking at a list of 1BR condos in the area between Sea World and the outlet malls south of it. These appear to be a good compromise between commute, location, and rent for me. Thanks again guys.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:18 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSeeker View Post
I'm disappointed that my post has turned into this, sorry about that guys.

Anyways, this move is now official. I'll be out of town towards the beginning of December, so I'll either move in two weeks or at the end of the year, probably the latter. I think I missed bmw335xi's condo recommendation the first time around (or was simply distracted by the overwhelming amount of information I was going through), but I did realize that the resources I was using to search with were ignoring condos and townhomes. I'm now looking at a list of 1BR condos in the area between Sea World and the outlet malls south of it. These appear to be a good compromise between commute, location, and rent for me. Thanks again guys.
It happens, every so often there will be a troll member who comes on and rages at one of us. I find them entertaining now. A lot of us regulars on here don't agree on everything but are able to be very civil with each other or able to throw around sarcastic jabs at each other knowing it's all in good fun. I'm not sure where brinely crawled from, but oh well lol.

I invest in a couple properties and am always looking for more, which is why I recommend renting a condo vs apartment as I find you get more bang for your buck, plus most of your neighbors will be owner/residents, so there is greater care in maintaining the amenties and property since they have to pay the HOA.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You are basically steering someone unfamiliar with Orlando into a neighborhood like Oakridge. It would be like recommending someone to live in Hunters Point in San Francisco, Liberty City in Miami, Englewood in Chicago... only an idiot would recommend these areas to someone unfamiliar with these cities unless they said they don't care about how dangerous the area is, I just want the cheapest rent possible. Your idea that Palm Beach is more dangerous than Oakridge is a joke. There is nothing trollish about it. Saying crime can happen anywhere is like saying cancer can happen to anyone... sure it can, but that doesn't mean you should then start smoking 10 packs a day, downing a bottle of vodka a day and taping your head next to a microwave. Oh and not sure why it matters, but I paid cash.
I'm steering people into an area that's in a location convienient to all. It's also the best place to be during a natural disaster. And if many others didn't find the area desirable, how come there is always a waiting list to live there? It's not like there aren't tons of other places to live in central Florida with tons and tons of vacancies or anything lol.

I don't believe that you paid cash in full. People that are products of the lower class never pay cash in full for anything. They just accumulate debt instead of just spending what they can afford to spend by coming up with the cash.
And it matters because a person that makes such unwise financial decisions, like agreeing to pay more for a car then a car is worth, is not a person that has good judgement or knows how to manage finances in an intelligent way. People like that are not in a position to advise people on anything. Especially how to spend their money. That includes how people spend their rent money.

I don't believe for a second that you paid cash in full.
Especially since BMW is in your screen name.
People who grew up with BMWs etc, had parents that drove BMWs etc, neighbors, etc. do not find anything about those cars to be impressive. Only people with lower class upbringings are like "wow a BMW" lol!

Choosing BMW as your screen name advertises that you feel that you had an undesirable childhood and that you are still bitter about it as an adult. You desperately want to seem "well to do" because you come from a background/ family that isn't and you are still bitter about it.

If that wasn't the case you wouldnt have pathetically chosen BMW as a screen name and you would realize how tacky you look. Tacky like a girl from a white trash background that grows up to get a Mercedes, then wears a Mercedes rhinestone pendant around her neck in a sad attempt to advertise that she is fancy, not realizing that what she is doing is advertising that she is white trash. The screen name you chose is the equivalent to that situation. Terribly tacky and low class. If you were a product of a higher class you would know this. But clearly you aren't. That's why you chose that screen name. Thinking you are advertising class when you are advertising your self as trash. Which means that your opinions of which neighborhood is a classy place to live and which isn't can't be taken seriously.

Although you named some places in some other states, you clearly are not well traveled.
I am just as at risk of being a crime victim and getting my purse snatched in the nicest neighborhood in Manhatten as well as I am in the worst part of the Bronx. It comes down to being street smart and having the confidence and ability to defend yourself if you end up in a situation like that.

Not everyone in the world is a pansy. Some people did not have extremely sheltered upbringings and do have the ability to handle themselves in all types of neighborhoods.

And you clearly don't understand how ghettos work. Any crime victims there asked for it by screwing some one over. The crimes are not random.
Name one resident from park central that has gone into the ghetto for fun or whatever that ended up dead or being a violent crime victim. Name one person from park central that ventured off to the ghetto and got their purse snatched.
Name one person in park central that was a victim of a violent crime in park central that was not at the hands of their ex. Name one person from park central that was attacked from some one from the ghetto that climbed the gate/ wall or whatever to get in there and attack them.
Park central has existed for nearly thirty years and thousands of residents live there at a time.
So out of the million residents that have lived there, name one that was a violent crime victim because it's near a ghetto.
Ya know, even if you come up with one or two over the past three decades it's not a big deal. Because any neighborhood could probably come up with a couple over the past three decades. But I don't think you can come up with any.

It's really not dangerous. You are just racist. Usually people raised as poor whites are.
And based on your screen name that's exactly what your deal obviously is.

And I don't get your "cheapest rent possible" comment when discussing the millenia area. There are many places much cheaper then $1600.00 a month. (Which is very expensive for Florida) No one moves to the millenia area because it's the cheapest place to live. Because it isn't. People live there because it's a location convienient to all with never ending shops and stores. And it's literally never ending. More and more is going to that area.

Eventually that charming ghetto area you are so petrified of is going to turn into Harlem. And since you clearly aren't well traveled I'll let you know that Harlem is now considered a nice neighborhood because it's in a good location.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
It happens, every so often there will be a troll member who comes on and rages at one of us. I find them entertaining now. A lot of us regulars on here don't agree on everything but are able to be very civil with each other or able to throw around sarcastic jabs at each other knowing it's all in good fun. I'm not sure where brinely crawled from, but oh well lol.

I invest in a couple properties and am always looking for more, which is why I recommend renting a condo vs apartment as I find you get more bang for your buck, plus most of your neighbors will be owner/residents, so there is greater care in maintaining the amenties and property since they have to pay the HOA.
No one should be taking any investment advice from this poser. His screen name says it all.

Florida seeker, he is obviously trying to steer you in the direction of renting a condo from one of the areas that he made a bad investment in because those areas are not in demand and he needs to make a car payment.

There are plenty of apartment complexes that are much nicer then many condominium communities. He is telling people never to rent apartments because apartments are competition to condo owners. And he just revealed that that's what he is. If you read between the lines you'll see that he is not giving you advice that's in your best interest, he is giving advice that is in his best interest.

Last edited by Brinley; 11-10-2017 at 06:25 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynex View Post
Yaa Brinley ---> Dr. Phillips sucks and Oakridge is a good place to live!
timetatakeyer moonlight stroll along Texas and Holden(Hold up)Ave.
Personally I feel that Dr. Philips does suck. I'm not the only one. Notice there is no waiting list to live any where over there. It's dull. But there is a "melting pot" so they have that going for them lol. I'm not even kidding. I love the melting pot. But it's such a waste to have it there. It should be in the millenia area where it would do better business because of all the people going there to shop.

I think that the oak ridge area is lacking in its own way as well.
Oak ridge area and millenia area are two different places.

As far as Texas ave goes, I could totally take a midnight stroll there and not wet my pants. I'm originally from NY and I live in Atlanta soooooo.

Also as far as that area goes I have explored it since its close to the millenia area where I plan on investing in a vacation home/ investment property.

I went to the "scariest" infamous Texas ave neighborhood timber scan (or something like that) The root of all the "problems" in that area. And it was incredibly shocking. Hardcore ghetto community that was in the lovliest setting. There was an extremely large and beautiful lake. Made all the other lakes in central florida look like puddles. And I could tell that it used to be a very nice place. So I was curious as to what happened and why the worst neighborhood in the area was located on georgeous water front property. Turns out that as pretty as the community once was that it was not built to be able to survive a strong hurricane. One of the big ones like Andrew or Charlie destroyed the place. There was some sort of insurance issues. Property owners decided to just accept it as a loss and moved out. So now it's home, and has been home for years and years and years, to many many many squatters. That situation makes the area dangerous. But, that area is being destroyed and rebuilt. The squatters will leave, and only people with money will be able to afford to live on that georgeous lake. Crime in that area is going to drop significantly. It's going to be the next Harlem. And I will totally invest in property there too.

And if people don't want to go into that neighborhood in its current condition, at any time of day, they don't have to. It's not like one would have to go through that area to get to where ever they need to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando