Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
If you go east of the Semoran & Aloma intersection, you'll see what I mean. Technically Winter Park addresses, and you could find a more updated home for around $300k, but not a great area.
I was looking at hidden oaks on 551 a half mile south of university. what do you think of that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 08:07 AM

617 posts, read 832,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbsfl View Post
I was looking at hidden oaks on 551 a half mile south of university. what do you think of that area?
Not great. It's close to the riff raff on Colonial (considerable homeless population that hangs around the Goldenrod/Colonial intersection and businesses around there).

I would go west of Semoran to be closer to old Winter Park (much more desirable), or further north on Goldenrod. Anything within a 1 mile radius of Colonial is pretty undesirable for the most part.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:37 PM

33 posts, read 34,988 times
[quote=OTownKnight;50706009]
Be careful with this also if you are interested in looking at Winter Park due to its proximity. You can find a Winter Park address yet be in some rougher neighborhoods. If you go east of the Semoran & Aloma intersection, you'll see what I mean. Technically Winter Park addresses, and you could find a more updated home for around $300k, but not a great area.

OTownKnight
Thank you, I am interested in the areas to avoid in Winter Park. So I will draw an imaginary line at Aloma/Semoran. What about North of Aloma, is that ok? I have seen some houses west of Lakemont/Lake Howell and wondering about that area of Winter Park?

Although not sure about the commute to Titusville getting way up there. I am going to check google traffic at commute times to see how bad that will be (6am and 3pm)

Thanks,
Robyn

Old 01-18-2018, 07:49 AM

[quote=robyncal;50728073]
Quote:
OTownKnight
Thank you, I am interested in the areas to avoid in Winter Park. So I will draw an imaginary line at Aloma/Semoran. What about North of Aloma, is that ok? I have seen some houses west of Lakemont/Lake Howell and wondering about that area of Winter Park?

Although not sure about the commute to Titusville getting way up there. I am going to check google traffic at commute times to see how bad that will be (6am and 3pm)

Thanks,
Robyn
As far as the desirable area goes for Winter Park, anything west of Lakemont is a safe bet. Once you start going east and getting closer to Semoran, it starts getting less desirable. Of course, the home prices become significantly lower as well, but there's a reason for that.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:40 PM

15 posts, read 40,999 times
Quote:
The Lake Brantley/Wekiva area of Altamonte Springs is very nice. It's on the westside of I-4. If you work with a realtor they would know exactly what area to point you in.

Oviedo & Winter Springs would be somewhat comparable as well. You can find a nice 4/3 with a pool for around $350k - $400k in all of these areas.

The Winter Park & Dr. Phillips areas, while being the nicest in Central FL, are by far the most expensive. You'd be lucky to find a 3/2 fixer upper with a 1-car carport for less than $500k in the desirable areas of Winter Park.

Be careful with this also if you are interested in looking at Winter Park due to its proximity. You can find a Winter Park address yet be in some rougher neighborhoods. If you go east of the Semoran & Aloma intersection, you'll see what I mean. Technically Winter Park addresses, and you could find a more updated home for around $300k, but not a great area.

For Dr. Phillips, you're starting at at least $350k for a small single family home that might need some updating as well. Realistically though the average price is closer to the $600k-$700k mark.
great thanks for all this information. i would keep these places in mind. What's also a factor is that where ever i choose it that its has more than one route to get into downtown and not only one. if the commute is not too much a hassle to work.

my friend told me about lake nona whats your thoughts on that area?

Old 01-22-2018, 04:51 PM

15 posts, read 40,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
If you need A rated schools you have no choice but Seminole County.

If you need 30 minutes to Downtown Orlando, realistically Oviedo is your only go to.
thanks for the response. wow oviendo looked like the farthest away. does it has more than one access to downtown. I was looking at weikva area too.

what are your thoughts on lake nona

Old 01-29-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLiz View Post
great thanks for all this information. i would keep these places in mind. What's also a factor is that where ever i choose it that its has more than one route to get into downtown and not only one. if the commute is not too much a hassle to work.

my friend told me about lake nona whats your thoughts on that area?
Lake Nona is nice, still growing like crazy but I'd say retail and restaurants are still far behind where they should be considering how many houses they've thrown in there within the last decade. It is a little far from downtown - about 30-40 minutes during normal commute times. If you're a little farther south into Lake Nona such as Laureate Park or deep into Eagle Creek, you could be looking at 45 minutes, and that's still with taking the toll roads.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:15 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenLiz View Post
thanks for the response. wow oviendo looked like the farthest away. does it has more than one access to downtown. I was looking at weikva area too.

what are your thoughts on lake nona
I would pick Wekiva over Oviedo any day if given the choice.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I would pick Wekiva over Oviedo any day if given the choice.
What's the reason for this? We're in SE Orlando now and considering moving up a little north to the Oviedo/Winter Springs area later this year.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:23 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
What's the reason for this? We're in SE Orlando now and considering moving up a little north to the Oviedo/Winter Springs area later this year.
I just find the Wekiva area (from Heathrow down to Longwood) to have a more established feel to it. It feels a little more structured, and while it's not any closer to the core areas of Orlando, it just doesn't feel "far out" to me. I love Winter Springs (was never much of a fan of Oviedo, but I attribute that to it having a very crappy mall lol) but that side of town has more of a cookie-cutter strip-mall after strip-mall suburbia type of feel. As far as demographics go, I'm pretty sure they are all the same, judging from my personal experience. I know plenty of people who live in Winter Springs and they love it. I also love to go to Central Winds park with the kids on weekends, as it's one of my favorite parks around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando