Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:21 AM

99 posts, read 143,894 times

Advertisements

Where is the 'shopping district' ?

Dont send me to tourist traps please. Im looking for good bargains but im not a cheapskate either.
Im from New York City so im used to getting RAPED on prices of EVERYTHING. It would be nice to get a break atleast while im here if possible.

I need stuff like...

-Levis Jeans (Yea...i still wear those)
-Fendi (belts, scarves and purses)
- Burberry shirts
- Some North Face or Spyder jackets
- Nike store (dont care about 'Jordans')
- Victoria Secret
- some good food spots not available in New York
(no chain stores like applebees, red lobster or none of that crap)
i can get that anywhere.

I want those local hole in the wall spots and foods you guys are best known for.
Best pizzas, chicken spots, gyros, all that !

sidenote:
I DO NOT have any type of problem going to the 'hood'/'ghetto'. Safety and security is NOT an issue.
Im not one of those spooky people you have to tell "dont go to BlahBlah Street because you will get robbed" . Im down to spin a few blocks and hit a few strips.
I hope i can find everything im looking for within a 10mile radius of each other.
I dont wanna drive across town to get a north face jacket then drive back across town to get my girl some lingerie. I dont mind...but only if thats what i have* to do.

Im not familiar with the layout of Orlando and never been there before so make your jokes, call me a rookie, curse me out and gimme a nice warm welcome aha i'll see you guys Weds. !

Oh yea..im staying with my girl in "Redneck Riviera" aka Daytona Beach. I been here for 5 days and almost OVERDOSED from boredom. Yes its possible to actually DIE OF BOREDOM
This place sucks... all they got is elderly people, Walmart, and TjMaxx!
I got dragged out here because she got 2 weeks free at a hotel so i got 1 more week to go.
I plan on taking the I-95 straight up there. How long (estimate) do think the commute will take ?
How is the traffic usually ? Whats the best times to travel?

Yea... i know.. its 'amateur hour' here in the Orlando forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:50 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,507,724 times
There really isn’t anything I’d call a shopping district here that wouldn’t be considered a tourist trap. If you don’t mind going to the tourist area, the Premium Outlets have a Levi’s outlet, Nike outlet, and possibly some other stores on your list.

Most of the best hole in the wall food spots are closer to downtown, but one place not too far from the outlets on International Drive is a tiny Mexican restaurant called Border Grill. I’d also recommend checking out 4 Rivers for their bbq since good bbq is harder to find in NY than pizza or gyros.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:36 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,507,724 times
Also I-95 doesn’t go to Orlando, you’ll need to take I-4. It’s about an hour drive. Just don’t travel during rush hour (7-9 am), or from 4-630 and you should be fine, although I-4 is under major construction in Orlando so be aware of that.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:44 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
There's actually a brand new outlet center on the north side of Daytona Beach right off of I-95 called the Tanger Outlets. It has a Levi's outlet and some other options that might appeal to you. https://www.tangeroutlet.com/daytona/stores

Old 01-21-2018, 11:27 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Orlando Premium Outlets International for all the stores you want including VS.
Mall At Millenia if you want a nice mall with fancy stores.

FOOD

Junior Colombian Burger (awesome burgers - open 3am)
5389 S Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32819

Nine Spices Hotpot (all you can eat chinese hotpot - open 1am)
5320 S Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32819

Fresco Cucina (house made italian)
7721 Turkey Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819

Gyu-Kaku (japanese bbq - NYC has it too though)
7858 Turkey Lake Rd #100, Orlando, FL 32819

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers (the equivalent to In'N'Out)
8107 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821

Kabooki Sushi (top grade sushi & sashimi, I'm talking top, top, top quality and I'm from San Francisco)
3122 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803

Saigon Noodle & Grill (great vietnamese pho)
101 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803

Kadence (omakase style 9 seat restaurant, arguably the best dining experience in orlando)

1809 Winter Park Rd, Orlando, FL 32803

Coco Thai (yummy thai food)
6304 International Dr Unit D, Orlando, FL 32819

Negril Restaurant (great jamaican food)

2795 Old Winter Garden Rd, Ocoee, FL 34761

---

Daytona Beach is a s*** hole, so I'd spend as little time as possible there, only thing fun is the actual beach. The rest, you could take a dump on the street and if anything, you would have made the area prettier.

If you want nightlife, go to Orange Ave in Downtown Orlando (my favorite is Aero). If want to do something at night besides clubbing, check out Top Golf. Disney Springs is also a nice area that stays open late too. A lot of tourists come here, but so do a lot of locals since their expansion into restaurants and retail, along with the new bars. Blaze Pizza is there and another good casual option even though you can find them in other cities too.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 01-21-2018 at 11:48 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There's actually a brand new outlet center on the north side of Daytona Beach right off of I-95 called the Tanger Outlets. It has a Levi's outlet and some other options that might appeal to you. https://www.tangeroutlet.com/daytona/stores
Yes although selection won't be anywhere close to Orlando premium outlets, which is worth the drive imo

Old 01-21-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yes although selection won't be anywhere close to Orlando premium outlets, which is worth the drive imo
No VS either, only 2 VS outlets in the world, one in orlando and one in ny.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:09 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,543 times
Not sure why they pp are listing outlet malls when the OP specifically requested that he does NOT want be sent to touristy places.. With that said, here are my recommendations for the OP for shopping areas that cater to locals:

The Florida Mall (Largest mall in the region)
Welcome To The Florida Mall® - A Shopping Center In Orlando, FL - A Simon Property

Mall at Millenia (More upscale with some nice restaurants)
https://www.mallatmillenia.com/

Park Avenue in Winter Park (Boutique shops and sidewalk cafes)
Park Avenue, Winter Park | Shop. Dine. Experience.

Winter Park Village
Winter Park Village

Orlando Fashion Square Mall
https://orlandofashionsquare.com/

Hope this helps!

Old 01-21-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
Not sure why they pp are listing outlet malls when the OP specifically requested that he does NOT want be sent to touristy places.. With that said, here are my recommendations for the OP for shopping areas that cater to locals:

Welcome To The Florida Mall® - A Shopping Center In Orlando, FL - A Simon Property

Winter Park Village
Winter Park Village

Hope this helps!
Isn't Fashion Square mall shut down?

Also, the majority of the stores he listed are good ones for the outlets.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:31 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post

Winter Park Village
Winter Park Village

Hope this helps!
Lol I see plenty of tourists at Florida mall and millennia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando