Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM

6 posts, read 5,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
What Kyle said is true. What field is your management experience in?
We are in the ports and construction business as well as international sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 PM

6 posts, read 5,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Given your qualifications and experience I would suggest utilizing headhunters to help secure a position. Orlando isn't especially known for quantities of the type of positions you're in the market for, and those looking often are up against at least a few others for any given opening. Internet job sites like Indeed will often show a number of openings but realize they're typically posting (as required) to outside applicants even though the slot is going to be filled by an internal candidate, and have no real intention of interviewing outside applicants. Crawford Thomas is a reputable local agency, while others like Korn Ferry or Robert Half with national reps could be a good option too.
Kyle, thanks for your positive and professional response. We have been away from the States for some years now. It seems that Orlando may not be the right place for us as we are in the ports & construction/international sales business. Would you say that the more suitable way is to talk to headhunters first before we relocate to the States? Do you know if they do position search nationwide?

Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle L.Smith View Post
Kyle, thanks for your positive and professional response. We have been away from the States for some years now. It seems that Orlando may not be the right place for us as we are in the ports & construction/international sales business. Would you say that the more suitable way is to talk to headhunters first before we relocate to the States? Do you know if they do position search nationwide?
I would definitely suggest reaching out now to recruiters as they do have national search capabilities. Stanton Chase has Ports and Infrastructure specialization within their recruiting and others like Korn Ferry or Robert Half should have good national connections. If you'd like to keep Florida on your radar you might consider Jacksonville which is seeing growth similar to Orlando though more in keeping with your resume with international banking and sales leading sectors, plus two major ports in the area (Jacksonville and Brunswick GA).

Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Dont professors at Valencia start off at like 42k? Full time, 5-6 classes per semester? I think a nearby community college paid like 60k.
42K as a college professor is pretty abysmal and is not even close to indicative of the Orlando average per capita salary of around 26K.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:49 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,087,763 times
Tampa has a huge port too and its only 1 hour and half from Orlando.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 PM

12,154 posts, read 7,975,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
42K as a college professor is pretty abysmal and is not even close to indicative of the Orlando average per capita salary of around 26K.

Yeah its pretty bad. When I did dual enrollment their salaries were posted and one of my professors I was close with had a salary of 49k and he admitted he was full time. Another teacher at my HS said they paid roughly that amount.

I also had a prof who did research in the days and would teach at nights.... made in the 30k range for bio research.

Salaries are far too low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando