Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 PM

210 posts, read 271,207 times

Advertisements

Those homes are still available because they are not in a highly desirable area of Winter Park. WPHS has a very strong water polo team and great academic track record with both the IB program and accelerated classes. Many WP families move their kids from Prep schools to the public schools because they can offer the same or better education and top athletic programs.

I would narrow your search to a more desirable area of WP and include Maitland and Orlando that cover the WPHS zone. I just did a quick search on MLS and there are some great streets at every price point. Happy to help with other questions as I have kids in the school district and know this area very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 14,032 times
I didn't do too much research on them but anything over 500,000 can sometimes take longer to sell. They could also be overpriced and if they are an older home that could be another reason. There is a lot of new construction in Orlando which a lot of buyers are going for because they can build their own home and put what they want into that home and also get warranties.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 PM

12 posts, read 10,917 times
Everyone's answers above are pretty much spot on! And of course coming from CA where homes all sell in hours with multiple offers seeing homes on the market for 200-300 days is scary. If a home is priced right in the Metro Orlando area and in good condition they will sell fast too. But houses in the $700s-$800s or above here are on the higher end and take a little bit longer. Right now in the Orange, Osceola and Seminole Cty area in that price range we have 243 that are Active on the Market and 150 that Sold in the last 180 days. So they sell just depends again on the most obvious factors, Location, Condition and price. What is the most important thing to your family is it the High School? Some of the best schools are Winter Park High School, Hagerty High School, Olympia High School, Oviedo HS, Seminole HS, Timber Creek HS, Lake Mary HS, Dr. Phillips HS, Lake Nona HS, Lake Brantley HS.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:19 AM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
bmw is right about the porsche analogy though... Those beaches do not compare to Laguna. But personally I'd still take them over the city, that's just me.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:09 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
. It's pretty much all White, small towns, not much in terms of international influences, not much in terms of dining outside of generic burgers and pizza and frozen fried seafood.
And you clearly haven't checked out the local places beachside, in cocoa village and downtown Melbourne.

Stick to what you know...restaurant row. I've spent plenty of time between Dr Phillips and Brevard so I know what I'm talking about

Old 04-03-2018, 08:12 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Laguna Beach to Cocoa Beach and Melbourne Beach is like... comparing a 2018 Porsche Boxster to a 1983 Hondo Civic held together with duct tape and a 1993 Honda Civic base model, IMO lol. .
I find west coast beaches too cold to swim in much of the year.

And if you want to be correct in your analogy, think bugatti. No one on this forum can prob afford beachside living in Manhattan or Laguna Beach lol

Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
And you clearly haven't checked out the local places beachside, in cocoa village and downtown Melbourne.

Stick to what you know...restaurant row. I've spent plenty of time between Dr Phillips and Brevard so I know what I'm talking about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I find west coast beaches too cold to swim in much of the year.

And if you want to be correct in your analogy, think bugatti. No one on this forum can prob afford beachside living in Manhattan or Laguna Beach lol
I think someone is getting a little offended looking at your snark remark lol.

I'd actually be curious to know the OP's thoughts on Cocoa, Melbourne etc. I'd be curious to see what they think coming from the OC. Besides some planned housing developments, the towns themselves are pretty yuck and rundown and feel very isolated with limited good restaurant choices, but that's my opinion and so far I haven't met anyone in real life that has actually said, "oh it's so nice here" unless referring only to the beach. Now, if you were talking a small beach town like Delray Beach, than yeah, I'd say it's better than any small beach town in California, not just the beach, but the actual town too. Also, I agree the actual beach/ocean is nicer, but the OP I'm sure isn't planning to live on the actual beach, so the cities also are important.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 AM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
I don't like Cocoa, but what I've seen of Melbourne is pretty not bad so far. It's funny chopchop says west coast beaches are too cold, coming from California they'll seem like a dream to the OP.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:22 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I don't like Cocoa, but what I've seen of Melbourne is pretty not bad so far. It's funny chopchop says west coast beaches are too cold, coming from California they'll seem like a dream to the OP.
Yep, you can actually swim without a wet suit here lol

Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 AM

995 posts, read 1,695,426 times
If you are in the 700+ price range, I wouldn't concern yourself too much with school district. We have great private schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando