Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:37 AM

17,198 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

You guys should try Beth’s. I won’t overhype it, because it doesn’t deserve to be overhyped, but it’s a good runner-up against the others. And the prices are decent too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
OP, just buy the burger ingredients at Publix and make your own at home.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I have to agree that when Shake Shack got here it was so overhyped. We already had BurgerFi and Five Guys. Once you have been to either of those places, Shack Shack really doesn't offer anything special.

Of the "better burger" counter service chains, BurgerFi is my favorite by a small margin. Both the burgers and fries are excellent there. Five Guys and Shake Shake are both very good as well, but Shake Shack's fries are lame. Frozen fries? Why do people love these so much? Five Guys has maybe the best fries, but the buns on their burgers are not so great.

The rest: Habit Burger is good, but not as good as the three above...I hate shredded lettuce on burgers. Culvers felt like a slightly lower-end burger by comparison with a dry and crumbly bun, and again shredded lettuce. Maybe good on a budget. Smashburger was a disappointment...nothing remarkable. Whalburgers is really not good at all. Will never go there again.
I don't get the appeal of Five Guy's at all, especially the burgers which to me are pretty flavorless minus the condiments. Have you tried Backyard Burgers? I have heard good things, however the only local outlet is in West Altamonte which is kind out of my regular loop. https://www.backyardburgers.com/

Old 06-19-2018, 08:47 AM

I also think Fuddrucker's is pretty under-rated and perhaps kind of forgotten with the new arrivals of late, though don't have any of those around me either unfortunately.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:49 AM

17,198 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I also think Fuddrucker's is pretty under-rated and perhaps kind of forgotten with the new arrivals of late, though don't have any of those around me either unfortunately.
I’ll have to try that one day. By the way, there are a few decent options close to you, mostly in Or near Longwood right off of I4.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I’ll have to try that one day. By the way, there are a few decent options close to you, mostly in Or near Longwood right off of I4.
Fuddrucker's has really good burgers including Kobe Beef and Elk (which is delicious!). What do you recommend in Longwood?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:53 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
I guess I’m in the minority but I love Shake Shack. I’ve tried BurgerFi and Beth’s and was not particularly impressed by either. So many people love BurgerFi that I may give it another shot.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:33 AM

27 posts, read 22,433 times
I hope Bobby’s Burger Palace opens up in the area.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't get the appeal of Five Guy's at all, especially the burgers which to me are pretty flavorless minus the condiments. Have you tried Backyard Burgers? I have heard good things, however the only local outlet is in West Altamonte which is kind out of my regular loop. https://www.backyardburgers.com/
Interesting...that place is about a mile from my new house and I haven't tried it yet. I will have to rectify that soon.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:01 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I guess I’m in the minority but I love Shake Shack. I’ve tried BurgerFi and Beth’s and was not particularly impressed by either. So many people love BurgerFi that I may give it another shot.
I would definitely give it another shot. When I first went to the one on Park Ave they were overcooking the burgers. I was not impressed. However, I found myself back there one day and the burgers were juicy and amazing. They have larger patties now too. The one in west Altamonte is very consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando