Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:17 PM

330 posts, read 249,132 times

Advertisements

We went there with high expectations. The parking lot was so crowded and tiny! After driving around several minutes we were able to find space and got out.

Inside there was a long line. We had to wait 10 minutes to order. And oh my, how expensive!

The food was a huge letdown. Soggy bun. Only the shake was good but not worth the $5 we charged for it!

We walked out. We will not be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 06:42 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I only like the decor and the ingredients shake shack uses, but for the price and taste, it’s over-rated and over-priced.

I’d much rather eat at Junior Colombian Burger, now that place is good! I also like Freddy’s Frozen Custard too, reminds me of In N Out.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:44 PM

17,132 posts, read 15,341,895 times
I only like the location (the one in WP.) Being on Lake Killarney with its lakeside seating and ping pong tables is nice. The food is lackluster and makes Wahlburgers seem like a bargain. My favorite gourmet burger joint in the area is Beth’s.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:47 PM

330 posts, read 249,132 times
mmm wahlburger

Old 06-18-2018, 07:18 PM

17,132 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branal View Post
mmm wahlburger
lol!!!

Old 06-18-2018, 09:35 PM

154 posts, read 160,673 times
Shake Shack in Orlando is a disappointment.

When you visit Boston I recommend to go to the one on Newbury Street, or the one in NYC.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeOntarioLiving View Post
Shake Shack in Orlando is a disappointment.

When you visit Boston I recommend to go to the one on Newbury Street, or the one in NYC.
I’ve been to one in NYC, it’s all the same, they have the same recipes, only differnece is decor and wait times.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:02 AM

89 posts, read 81,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
We went there with high expectations. The parking lot was so crowded and tiny! After driving around several minutes we were able to find space and got out.

Inside there was a long line. We had to wait 10 minutes to order. And oh my, how expensive!

The food was a huge letdown. Soggy bun. Only the shake was good but not worth the $5 we charged for it!

We walked out. We will not be back.
I thought that consumer complaints were against the rules on this site.
Is that not true? Because I have some complaints lol

Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 AM

617 posts, read 832,097 times
Agreed, and glad to see I wasn't the only one that feels this way. Shake Shack is overpriced for what you get. I went once to the WP location when they opened, haven't been back since. It's been what, 4 years now? lol

My wife is obsessed with BurgerFi so we go there a lot. I like it a lot more. Marlow's Tavern and Rock n Brews have some great burgers, but those are sit-down restaurants compared to fast casual.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:38 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
I have to agree that when Shake Shack got here it was so overhyped. We already had BurgerFi and Five Guys. Once you have been to either of those places, Shack Shack really doesn't offer anything special.

Of the "better burger" counter service chains, BurgerFi is my favorite by a small margin. Both the burgers and fries are excellent there. Five Guys and Shake Shake are both very good as well, but Shake Shack's fries are lame. Frozen fries? Why do people love these so much? Five Guys has maybe the best fries, but the buns on their burgers are not so great.

The rest: Habit Burger is good, but not as good as the three above...I hate shredded lettuce on burgers. Culvers felt like a slightly lower-end burger by comparison with a dry and crumbly bun, and again shredded lettuce. Maybe good on a budget. Smashburger was a disappointment...nothing remarkable. Whalburgers is really not good at all. Will never go there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando