Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:39 PM

330 posts, read 249,132 times

Advertisements

These tourist groups have caused so much issues that Magic Kingdom now has to have special training for staff on how to deal with them.

What do you think of this, and what should be done about this social problem?

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...action.902104/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/be...2078225/page-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 07:43 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
You’re at disney, dont be a first world baby and be grateful you are spending the day at disney and you didnt have to travel 10 hours to get there. I welcome them, it’s how disney is able to create new rides and worlds. As long as tourists arent destroying and vandalizing property, go ahead tour groups, do your thang!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:51 PM

Well there are reports of them knocking down old people. This sounds pretty serious:

Young relatives/friend's children being knocked out of strollers due to groups rushing in areas or forcefully pushing their way their way past crowds (this has happened at 3 different times to my group over the course of about 10 years)
street shows being disrupted with chanting/singing to the point of the performers having to pause until the group goes past
running into queue areas only to stop at the entrance intentionally blocking other parties from entering the queue so their tour group can be together (until a CM asks them to move at least twice)
stopping directly outside the exit to rides or shows without moving to the side
staying inside ride unload areas to regroup instead of taking it somewhere more open
chanting/singing over show music or audio
chanting/singing in open areas disrupting the general surroundings
ignoring CM instructions or requests (in non-language barrier situations)
regular line cutting tactics
extreme line cutting tactics that disregard the safety of other guests (I got fractured toes once for my troubles due to this

Old 07-13-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Well there are reports of them knocking down old people. That's pretty bad.
Most likely accidents, just like Americans accidently knocking others. I was walking at Universal and a senior on a mobility scooter was going full speed at us blasting her horn and I saw her last second and moved away and she yeleld WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING shaking her fist. Mind you the walkway was crowded and everyone was staring at her behaviour. Not my proudest moment but I yelled back something like the world will be a better place when you finally die!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I yelled back something like the world will be a better place when you finally die!
Good one, I'll have to remember to use that on someone I don't like.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Good one, I'll have to remember to use that on someone I don't like.
I’ve never seen such a nasty old lady ready to run down anyone in her path holding down the horn shaking her fist at people in stop n go walking traffic hahaha

Old 07-13-2018, 08:13 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
We’re in Disney a lot… Like three or four times a month… So we see these groups all the time and yes they’re loud, rowdy, and tend to be a bit pushy and abrasive. The chanting is the most annoying sound ever made

Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 PM

What is the chanting about? Is it part of a cult?

Old 07-13-2018, 10:44 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Most likely accidents, just like Americans accidently knocking others. I was walking at Universal and a senior on a mobility scooter was going full speed at us blasting her horn and I saw her last second and moved away and she yeleld WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING shaking her fist. Mind you the walkway was crowded and everyone was staring at her behaviour. Not my proudest moment but I yelled back something like the world will be a better place when you finally die!
I took family to Universal over ten years ago. For the most part, it was great. An incident happened near the lockers by one of the rides that just annoyed me. I was talking to my niece and asking her about the locker. Her mom (my sister) had gone to get our stuff. She didn't know where the locker was, and I didn't know. We just waited for my sister who had chosen the locker in the first place.

Then a guy looked at me and my niece with the most rude stare. Then he walked to the line and started making fun of us. He was laughing hysterically as if our "forgetting the locker location" was the funniest thing he had ever seen. He was mocking us. The place was crowded and annoying, so we just left after my sister got our stuff. I recall looking back and saw his ultra-rude gaze of condescension locked on us as if we were the most undignified people in the world. Meanwhile, we never actually forgot our locker. My sister had gotten everything.

That guy was racist. He looked like the evil teen character from "Karate Kid" back in the day -a blonde, blue-eyed bigot with condescension gone out of control. I asked park security about that. They told me to contact them if it escalated. There are people like that - rude in the crowds for no justifiable reason.

Hypothetically, even if a family did forget a locker location, I don't see the big deal. I studied Agent Orange in graduate school and learned of many cases of friendly fire - most notably when a US Marine pilot accidentally dropped two 500 lb bombs over the perimeter of soldiers from the US Army's 173rd Airborne.

But that racist teen would have you believe a person forgetting a locker is the most undignified, stupid thing a person can do. That guy was annoying. I wonder how he would feel about friendly fire casualties. But I know what goes around comes around - he probably got his dose of rudeness thrown back at him given the complexities of the tourist scene in Orlando.
https://video.ultra-zone.net/watch?v...uQanQQhZM2cvMx

Old 07-14-2018, 06:31 AM

764 posts, read 391,696 times
Chanting? What the heck are they chanting about??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando