U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 6,310 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband and I are UK residents. We are seriously thinking about purchasing a second home in the Olrando area. The home would be used by us and our young son (who is nearly two) and our parents who are all in their late fifties. We like the idea of the Olrando area because it seems to have something for everyone - i.e. golf, sightseeing, walking, shopping for the grandparents and lots of family friendly attractions.
We do not want to rent the property out - it will be solely for family use. We want somewhere that offers resort style living but is more used by second home owners than by investors who rent out to tourists on short term holiday rentals. We like the idea of being reasonably close to Disney etc so that we can take our son to the attractions in the fullness of time but also like the idea of being away from the congestion which seems to be a problem in that area.
We have been looking at the Lake Nona area and more specifically the Village Walk development. It would be great to hear from anyone who lives at Village Walk or in the Lake Nona area generally about how suitable it would be for our requirements. Also I would like to know if it is generally a safe area - I have seen some disucssion threads about the East Orlando area which seem to give mixed views on safety in the area.
Many thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 AM

8 posts, read 26,519 times
Hi,
I just noticed your post from April. I'm a real estate agent serving the East Orlando area. I also live in East Orlando.

VillageWalk at Lake Nona would be perfect for your needs. It's considerably more stable than the short-term rental resorts you'll find in the Kissimmee area yet also has a genuine resort feel while promoting neighborliness. It's very suitable for second-homers for its amenities, maintenance, and travel convenience. VillageWalk has a manned gated entrance, and more than that, the community is situated in a protected area off the main roads and highways, giving it an added aspect of security. I highly recommend VillageWalk for it's overall community design and the innovative architecture of its homes.

As for crime in the East Orlando area, while there's been a spurt of increased break-ins in the last year or so, the county sheriff's department has made a concerted effort into buffing up manpower, security, and patrols. The crime isn't so much from the residents but from people outside this very residential and newer community who see easy pickings during these hard economic times.

Last edited by orlandoforsale; 05-09-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Removed hypertext

Old 05-30-2008, 07:39 AM

3 posts, read 14,278 times
At Lake Nona the flight path is DIRECTLY over the new medical school, Burnham, VA, Biomedical Sciences buildings, etc.. Landings did not seem to cause a problem with noise. Take offs will be noisy but the new buildings wll hopefully be well insulated for sound.
The residential neighborhoods are way off to the side of the airport and will have actually NO planes overhead so will be much better. Hey if you do not like noise, then do not move to a city or metropolitan area!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 14,556 times
Lake Nona is a beautiful area.... we moved here from West Palm Beach 3 years ago,after having done interior design work in Lake Nona CC since 1999....and falling in love with the growing clean & safe area....
As far as Village Walk, we did a lease option & thanks for that - we are able to just not excersise the BUY clause & MOVE! ....the community has suffered MANY changes in the past year - for the negative.http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...lies/frown.gif... NOT SAFE - the so called "guarded" gates is bogus - there is 1 attendant in the front gate - NOT a guard... and many many ways to get into the property without anyone noticing... especially if you are a worker/labor, landscaper etc.... there is NO records kept - no security guard...the cameras you see on property entrances are not connected - I personally got my house broken into, all my jewelry stolen in PLAIN DAYLIGHT!!!! many more "incidents" have been reported inclusive the most recent 2:30 AM home burglarized & residents & children duct taped----they claim it was "drug relate"-NOT TRUE.... check the news channels archives or call the Orlando Police - records available to the public.... Pulte/DiVosta are powerful & money DOES buy silence & "made up" stories & excuses... So buyer beware of "bait & switch" advertising gimmicks http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...es/biggrin.gif There are MANY MANY BEAUTIFUL communities in Lake Nona & also just a few miles South of 417 on Narcoossee that are VERY cost effective & SAFE!!!!!! Good Luck

Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 PM

196 posts, read 696,310 times
Too close to the runway for comfort and a bit of a drive to the parks. Check out the Dr. Phillips area, close to the parks, shops, and golf. zip codes 32836, 32819.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or