Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 06:46 PM

9 posts, read 34,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I’m 30 years old. I have lots of single male friends and girl friends from 20-32 here in Orlando. There is not a dating problem here nor does a 30 year old guy need to worry about dating girls without children. As long as he has a good personality and not fugly, he will have no problem meeting single girls without children. Most girls like dating guys older than them anyways here.
Good to know. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
You also could benefit from a candid self-assesment for why you are in the state you are in. Perhaps location may be a factor but attractiveness, personality, and wealth play major roles in meeting women. The outgoing guy that goes to the gym and stays in shape and makea good money shouldn't have any problems dating anywhere.

There's a lot to be said by being a strong alpha male type. It compensates for many deficiencies. Introverted types can suffer.

Have you tried online dating? I've had friends get married from okcupid for example.
Oh definitely. I have lived in this area and it's time to move. Regarding the dating scene, there's definitely more fish in the sea in a larger city. Also, I'm tired of the area I currently live. I feel I've outgrown the area and what it can offer me. I've tried some online dating. I still want leave.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
About 45% of the population here is single (or at least not married), which mirrors the national average. It's 61% if you include divorced and widowed individuals.

Even the report using questionable criteria referenced in this commentary from the Orlando Sentinel painting Orlando as one of the worst places to be single still placed Orlando higher than Jacksonville and Tampa.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...501-story.html

Of course, attrition works in your favor if you move to a larger city, but I certainly wouldn't say that Orlando has an inferior scene compared to other similarly sized areas. Pick a place where there are a plethora of things that you like to do, which will allow you to meet a bunch of people with the same interests and values.

Last edited by boy3365; 10-07-2018 at 09:52 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,087,763 times
This is solely my opinion, but I would visit both cities and I think Orlando has prettier girls. Very judgmental statement and its in the eye of the beholder. But visit both and hang out a few weekends in both.

But if you are use to the panhandle demographics wise. Pinellas county near the water may be similar.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
This is solely my opinion, but I would visit both cities and I think Orlando has prettier girls. Very judgmental statement and its in the eye of the beholder. But visit both and hang out a few weekends in both.

But if you are use to the panhandle demographics wise. Pinellas county near the water may be similar.
That's a good point. I tend to date white girls.

Anyway, how easy is it to get a 6 month rental(question for everyone)?

Looking at Lake Eola Heights and what not. Budget around $1250. I want to keep it low on purpose. Recommend me some areas anyone.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:12 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavenmer View Post

Looking at Lake Eola Heights and what not. Budget around $1250. I want to keep it low on purpose. Recommend me some areas anyone.
Probably won't find that.

Might want to check out SoDo if going for that price range in a good area downtown.

There's ONE complex I can think of that rents low around South Eola, but it is OLD, and the reviews are pretty terrible.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavenmer View Post

This is a good location around downtown. I have a friend who lives here and likes it a lot. It’s in your budget.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9...71083667_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/b/28.556073,-81.379377_ll

Old 10-11-2018, 05:01 AM

490 posts, read 516,585 times
You’ll have no problem dating. Seems like this town loves dating and being single. The problem is that nobody wants to settle down and you won’t either because there are so many options. It’s also a small town, very much like high school. After dating for a couple years, you might find it difficult to find someone that is out of the revolving door dating cycle.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:54 AM

617 posts, read 832,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
You’ll have no problem dating. Seems like this town loves dating and being single. The problem is that nobody wants to settle down and you won’t either because there are so many options. It’s also a small town, very much like high school. After dating for a couple years, you might find it difficult to find someone that is out of the revolving door dating cycle.
Where? In Orlando? A city of 2.5 million people in the metro area? No human can date the entire dating scene in Orlando in only a few years. Plus people come and go all the time. There is always someone new, pretty much on a daily basis.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Where? In Orlando? A city of 2.5 million people in the metro area? No human can date the entire dating scene in Orlando in only a few years. Plus people come and go all the time. There is always someone new, pretty much on a daily basis.
I was wondering what that post was about. "small town..." Are we talking about Orlando? Or the small Lake County towns like Mt. Dora, Eustis, Tavares, where everyone knows each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando