U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:53 PM

95 posts, read 315,998 times

Advertisements

I am so confused here. I plan on looking area near Millenia Mall. Everyone on here said that West of I-4 is bad right ? but I thought that Windermere is west of I-4 ? Can someone please clarify this ? I only have a week left to sign a lease. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:25 PM

986 posts, read 3,091,378 times
Windermere is west of I4 and as a realtor on the area i can tell you it is a great area. the areas close to I4/millenia are not good. Keep in mind that Windermere is probably at least 20 min drive west of I4. It is not immediatly next to I4. If you have any questions about windermere feel free to ask

Old 05-13-2008, 06:32 AM

1,988 posts, read 6,121,518 times
If you look at a map and divide Orlando into 4 quadrants based on the 408 and I-4 freeways: NE, NW, SE, SW... that SW section is really bad east of Kirkman and along Old Winter Garden Road, and I would say north of Conroy. Once you get west of Hiawassee or south of Conroy it gets nicer until once you get down to Sand Lake or out to the 535 area, it is just nice. I think people are mainly advising you of the Kirkman area that is stuffed with tons of apartment complexes that vary. Kirkman is a major thoroughfare for people coming from lower income neighborhoods into that area to go to Walmart or one of the restaurants in that area. It is one of the worst areas in Orlando when it comes to deceiving looks. It is kept up and attractive so you would never assume it is that bad. If you want to see why, drive along Ivey Lane, West Colonial, Old Winter Garden Road, etc. and then imagine where people in that neighborhood have to go to shop. If you do those drives, it would be a lot safer during the day.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:10 AM

If your discussing Winter Garden and how bad 535 is, i think you are somewhat inaccurate. If you head down 535 towards the back of Disney Winter Garden becomes Windermere. there is some cross over here and some nice places. Indeed im working with a builder at the moment who has some very nice apartments in a nice neighbourhood. Also while your checking out 535, you may want to check out Fowlers grove. Its a great new shopping area and is fab. I havent met anyone who has been there nd said it isnt nice. If you are checking out Winter Garden area i would agree and say keep south of west colonial (50)

Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 AM

I was talking about heading south or west of Metrowest to get to a nicer area. 535 is very nice.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:14 AM

oh sorry Wilshire, i must have misread or misunderstood your post....;-)

Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM

Thank you, both cfIfan and Willshire for recommendation.
I was about to sign a lease condo in Metrowest just because the picture on the internet looked soooooo nice until I found this forum. I just thought that how can a drug dealer afford those place, but then again....they r drug dealer so it's affordable...LOL

Anyway, I cant find any condo/apt in area of Dr.phillip/Windermere. Can you guys comment on Lake Buena Vista/KIssime ? Also approximately how long will it takes to drive from Winter Garden to Dr.phillips (where we will be working) ? Thanks

Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Winter Garden/Windermere to Doctor Phillips is very close, depending on where you are in those areas it can be anywhere from 10-15 min. Its not far at all.

Im just wondering what sort of property you are looking for in terms of size (sq ft beds baths) type (condo, townhome or single family home) and price range as i have just sourced a client another property in the area and would be happy to look for you to give you an idea of what is around.

In terms of Kissimmee i can only give you my opinion and whilst i recommend the area to my foreign investors i dont recommend it for people wishing to live here. It is right in the tourist trap and for me i like keep away from that area personally, but parts like Celebration are nice, but extremely expensive. From Celebration to Dr Phillips it would be straight up I4 so in rush hour it would be busy. your probably looking at minimum of 30 min drive

Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Lake Buena is nice but very highly trafficked and touristy.
Kissimmee can vary by the area, but for the most part it is low income and not as nice. The nicer parts of Kissimmee are east toward St. Cloud (far), around Hunter's Creek, Formosa Gardens, and Celebration. I would avoid Buena Ventura Lakes or areas immediately adjacent to 192.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM

Thank you, Oh I didnt know you are an agent. Cool..

We are looking at 1BR,approx >700sq feets, prefer Condo>townhome>apt, max $800. Prefer places where I can go for a walk with my girls w/o between harass. I will try to looks for it again today. Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or