Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 12:02 PM

12 posts, read 34,268 times

Advertisements

We are looking for something in foreclosure or bank owned as we feel that is the only way we can get a decent house in a nice area. We still have the mortgage on our family home, so we don't want to go past the $100 000 mark. Does anyone know how I could go about finding an agent who could help us out. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 01:11 PM

986 posts, read 3,550,430 times
Default Hi there

Well i have been dealing with UK clients who only want to spend that sort of money purely because they dont want a mortgage. To be honest the liklihood is that you wont typically find something in a good area for that money. Now had you come on here a couple of days ago, i would have invited you to join me at the Orange county convention center foreclosure auction which was taking place today and is actually still going on. I have 3 clients who bought properties from there in the mid $100,000 but i have another couple and we secured a 1bed 1 bath condo in downtown, nice area in a high rise for $97,000.

An example of what you would need to spend would be in a non short term rental area, i have a 3 bed 3 bath townhome im working with which is in foreclosure and the min bid is $150,000. This would be a more realistic price. There are lower priced prperties but not in good safe areas and are really old wooden shacks.

hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: