U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:30 AM

37 posts, read 132,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboihea View Post
Does anyone know how Lake Mary is like? Any information on these Apts...Logan Heights or Regal Pointe?

Logan Heights is an income restricted apartment with steep qualifications to get in. We looked at those apartments at one point in time and left with some worries.
There is a reason it's one of the cheapest in town. At first we thought the big red cross and flowers in front of the office was because of a gang murder, but it turns out it was for the apt manager whom died recently of cancer. We left without signing because we felt we were fed alot of b.s just to get us to sign up. But they do make notice that any income restricted apt in florida has very strict rules and regulations for getting in. It wasn't the nicest around town.

Sanford is ok, however after witnessing a huge fist fight in the middle of Wal-Mart off St. Joseph's Pkwy.. I was shocked. I want to go back to Osceola after that.
It was disturbing, I haven't heard that many obsenities and racial remarks made by an African American in my life. There is a lot of issues out here unfortunately that contribute to racism and reverse racism.
The problem is that Osceola's has a very cruddy school system as well as Orange County for the help my child needs. Regular schooling i'm not sure.

You get that anywhere around central fl.
Lake mary is ok, it's one of the "safest" cities in America behind Amherst and Williamsville. But it's pricey considering the low wages, the wages seem to be a tad higher up north in Sanford and Lake Mary depending on the type of work.

Hope this helps a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 04:51 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,352,640 times
I would suggest one of the nicer areas in Altamonte. I know the Sandpiper in Casselberry well and would definitely NOT suggest it. Our church does a lot of community outreach in the area, I've gotten a first hand glimpse of some of the issues residents deal with.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,281 times
I have lived in Raven Crossings for 7 years (single mom with two children so it was affordable) but moving this summer. Great area for schools, but the apartments themselves are going downhill. Too many people in one apartment, trash all around and a lot of teens out at all hours of the night. I must say 'Mitsy' is the BEST in the office, she is sweet and cares about her tenants however, it is now over crowded and the pond stinks, the trash and the smokers that drop their butts all over your part of the property is why I am moving. I would not recommend this property unless you are strapped for money. Just know that it is getting worse each year. I hope this helps. Also, I do NOT have roaches, but have heard others complain that they are getting them bad. Good luck

Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,093 times
Default Jacksonville or orlando area

Im moving from detroit with my family, and i was wondering where would be a better place live, as far as affordability,and from an economic standpoint. Let me know thanks!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:49 PM

13 posts, read 32,304 times
hi dose any one have any info of oviedo and altamonte springs im relocating from pa singel mom with 2 kids some thing safe and afordable , which one is a safet bet im truly tired of moving

Old 02-16-2010, 05:35 PM

19 posts, read 40,552 times
Apopka is right next door to Altamonte, however they have two completely different paces. Altamonte is crammed with traffic, but has everything you would ever need and more close by. Apopka is just down the road but seems to have kept it's small southern town mentality (everyone drives 35 mph, doesn't have many stores, etc). I live in Apopka and don't mind the trip into Altamonte.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 AM

3,634 posts, read 4,696,679 times
Having known both areas i would defiantly pick Altamonte over Apopka...Apopka is dirtier and has less going on

Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 AM

4,155 posts, read 7,372,223 times
Altamonte, although it has more traffic is still more convenient, it is right off I-4. Anything you really need you would go into Altamonte to get. Apopka is nice but if you're commuting downtown or to the I-4 anywhere it can be a commute, although it has gotten much better with the Maitland blvd. extension. However, biggest difference, and this may be deciding factor for some people.....Altamonte = Typical, blue collar, working class surburban community vs. Apopka = more southern, laid back, old Florida type of town.

-Whoops you asked about Oviedo. Same would apply to Altamonte v. Oviedo except Oviedos is not quite as southern small town as Apopka but still much more so than Altamonte. Commute to I-4 is also difficult from Oviedo.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM

819 posts, read 1,467,523 times
Default ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

What happened to wymore road? I live there in the early 80s and it was really nice then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or