Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 PM

87 posts, read 291,168 times

Advertisements

I live in a nice neighborhood in Nashville. My neighborhood is surrounded by other nice neighborhoods, yet it's only 15 min from downtown if there's no traffic. I need to move to Orlando temporarily to be with my husband who is commuting back and forth but I can't find anyplace that is convenient to his office (near west colonial (50) and john young (423)) that looks nice like my neighborhhod here. i looked at college park, but the sex offenders live on the west side and the freeway is on the right. my dad pointed me to mosaic at millenia and i looked it up and it looked nice, and then i read the threads on it!! YIKES! he has an apartment temporarily on lake underhill drive. he says it's quiet and nice, i say, ok, but there are sex offenders near there, no thanks. do i need to try to get my mom and dad to move? I have not seen any threads on the lake underhill area. all i know how to find right now are the sex offenders.

Is there anywhere besides winter park within 20 minutes of john Young and west colonial? are there any furnished rentals in bay hill for under 3K per month? i don't want to make my poor husband commute back and forth for ? 12 ? months, but i don't want to endanger my son and i am NOT selling my house, so i don't want to spend more than $2500 max. My dad wants me to spend more like $1300, but that does not look realistic to be in a really nice neighborhood. Even in winter park is a gated community really a better idea? the west side of winter park close to the freeway has sex offenders, but there don't seem to be any near lake virginia. will it take more than 20 minutes to get to work (he does not have to go exactly at peak time)?

Help!!! And if you need any info on Nashville, i will be happy to be of service. i am sorry i can't figure out how to start a new thread or i would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,637,069 times
Why are you so concerned about sex offenders? Don't rule out a nice, safe neighborhood just because a registered sex offender lives there. Adding in that element is really making this search hard for you... are there not sex offenders in TN? I grew up in a (good) neighborhood where apparently there were a few sex offenders, and lo and behold nothing bad ever happened to my childhood friends or to myself.

Winter Park is a very nice town, I wouldn't cross it off my list.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 PM

87 posts, read 291,168 times
Default sex offenders don't make good neighbors generally

i am sure there are many very nice sex offenders-but if i am choosing a neighborhood to live in i see no reason to live near where there a lot of them.

i find it hard to believe you have small children if you honestly think that ruling out a neighborhood replete with sex offenders is ridiculous. if you want plenty as neighbors, move to tangelo park. there are maybe 20 streets and 8-10 sex offenders that live there. but hey, there was only one murder, so i am sure it's a really nice neighborhood. just don't hold your breath waiting for ME to come over.

MY neighborhood only has one sex offender- i checked before i bought my house and i check periodically to see because we do not have the e-mail alert system that you have. it's important to me because i KNOW that you can't tell from looking at them whether or not they are sickos. I married into a family that had a pedophile and he looked normal, was a deacon in his church, etc. But they can DESTROY your child's childhood and sometimes adulthood, too. i have a relative by marriage that was deeply scarred by that sicko and i have no intention of letting it happen to my child if i can possibly avoid it. it's not that hard to do the check before you start looking at houses. isn't it worth driving 5 more minutes to work to do your best to protect your child? maybe your child isn't worth it, but mine is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: