Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:36 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times

Advertisements

LOTTE PLAZA MARKET
3191 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32808

This is by far THE NICEST, not one of the nicest, but THE NICEST Korean or Asian grocery store I've seen in Florida and would beat most in the country. Very good quality meats, seafood and produce. HUGE selection. Some major cities have been getting these types of Asian grocery stores such as the chain H Mart. This one feels very similar. I no longer will have to visit H Mart when I'm in Atlanta anymore because this is pretty darn close to the same quality and selection. Lotte Plaza Market is actually a chain from Maryland, which is why this one is leaps above the other competition. Generally, I never buy meat from most Asian grocery stores in the US because it just looks run down, old, questionable quality unless it's something like H Mart which is comparable to what you'd find in Asia. I'll sometimes buy seafood just because there are no alternatives to buying whole fish with an actual selection anywhere else. However, this store has everything excellent meats, seafood and produce. Come check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 04:40 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
That's awesome! I used to shop at Lotte and H Mart when I lived in Falls Church VA (outside of DC), and they both blow what we have here out of the water in terms of quality, selection and in most instances cleanliness. Is that a former Winn-Dixie location? Seem to recall it was at one point.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:22 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Nice. I will check it out. I’ve been going to Tan Tien (building next to the huge plaza where One Oriental or whatever it’s called is) because the other ones tend to be somewhat dirty. Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM

617 posts, read 832,342 times
Might check it out one day to try the seafood selection, but can't say I'm too thrilled about venturing over to Colonial & John Young...

Old 02-06-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Might check it out one day to try the seafood selection, but can't say I'm too thrilled about venturing over to Colonial & John Young...
You're missing out. There are some amazing ethnic stores out that way. Ignore the news for a day and check some of the places out.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,309 times
I just looked it up on Yelp. It’s nice. I’ll have to check it out.

In other news, the Lucky’s Market on South Orange opened today. It looks like the Publix renovation next door is finished. I wish they would have added coffee, the ice cream station, and a hot bar, but they didn’t. But if they take a hit in the next year from the new competition, there’s plenty of space to add it.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:36 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I just looked it up on Yelp. It’s nice. I’ll have to check it out.

In other news, the Lucky’s Market on South Orange opened today. It looks like the Publix renovation next door is finished. I wish they would have added coffee, the ice cream station, and a hot bar, but they didn’t. But if they take a hit in the next year from the new competition, there’s plenty of space to add it.

I just went there today. It's so nice! I've been to the old location and thought it was good, but not great. However, this location is going to take a lot of my business away from Trader Joes and Whole Foods. One of the good things about Dr. Phillips is all the healthy grocery stores are here and with the new designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's awesome! I used to shop at Lotte and H Mart when I lived in Falls Church VA (outside of DC), and they both blow what we have here out of the water in terms of quality, selection and in most instances cleanliness. Is that a former Winn-Dixie location? Seem to recall it was at one point.

Falls Church has so many good places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Nice. I will check it out. I’ve been going to Tan Tien (building next to the huge plaza where One Oriental or whatever it’s called is) because the other ones tend to be somewhat dirty. Thanks for sharing!

You will be blown away compared to those two stores. Let me know how you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post

You'll be fine. Lots of security. I drive a stand out color car and never had any issues or close calls *knock on wood*

Old 02-07-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Falls Church has so many good places!
I so miss the Eden Center!!

Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Hell must have frozen. A thread in which you guys aren’t arguing.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Hell must have frozen. A thread in which you guys aren’t arguing.
Shhhhh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: