U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM

1,785 posts, read 4,436,606 times
Don`t goto Tangelo park like that other poster suggested it`s the ghetto.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 10,961 times
Default Celebration Real Estate

Just for another viewpoint of the Disney Area, Celebration is a beautifully executed charming community planned with all of the wisdom of the Disney Imagineers who designed it. Celebration was once a part of the Walt Disney World Property and was developed by the Celebration Company, owned by the Walt Disney Company. It is a delightful place to live and feels like the American towns of yesterday.

The back exit of Celebration intersects I-4 and connects directly to World Drive which leads to the front door of the Magic Kingdom. Some parts of Celebration have firework views and all areas can hear them nightly.

We have charming shops and great restaurants, schools, Post Office, churches, ball fields, inviting front porches and the cornerstones Celebration was founded on are Health, Education, Place, Community and Technology.

The HOA fees of Celebration are $805.00 annually for all properties, large or small. There are monthly maintenance fees if you own a condo or a towhome, just as everywhere else. Our tax millage rate is about 1.9 mils of the assessed value, including the Celebration Community Development District Fees which helped to pay for all of our underground utilities and extraordinary infastructure in the beginning and will only go on for 18 more years before they are paid in full.

We are 18 minutes from the Departure gates of the Orlando International Airport by way of Highway 417.

There is no short term rental in Celebration, but the rental market is extremely strong there and the demand is very high for long term rentals.

My family has owned a real estate company in Celebration since the first day it was there and in the Disney area for years before that. If you have any questions about the area I would be happy to try and snswer them for you.

Unread 04-22-2008, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 21,914 times
Default Relocation To Florida From Ireland

Hi
Is There Anyone Who Could Help With Relocation From Ireland We Are Thinking About Moving To Florida Would Like Some Advise Or Maybe To Speek To Someone From Ireland Who Has Already Made The Move :d

Unread 04-22-2008, 08:24 AM

985 posts, read 2,158,952 times
Default Hi there

Well i moved to central Florida from the UK (south East) about 5 years ago and would be happy to offer any questions you may have.

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:01 AM

4 posts, read 17,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
I would have to say Winter Garden. I live here in a community about a 5 min drive for Disney's Magic Kingdom. We see the fireworks nightly and it is a love ly community. Celebration is going the other way but you will find the prices very expensive and the taxes and HOA also very expensive.
I am new to the area, but how in the world can winter garden be a 5 min drive from Magic Kingdom? Esp with all the complaints about traffic on this board?

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:06 AM

1,988 posts, read 4,254,237 times
The hew 429 freeway is usually free of the congestion that other speak of. I-4 is the big offender in central florida.

Unread 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklivin View Post
I am new to the area, but how in the world can winter garden be a 5 min drive from Magic Kingdom? Esp with all the complaints about traffic on this board?
I live in Winter Garden, and the subdivision is a 5 min drive to Magic Kingdom. If you look at a map, Magic Kingdom actually pretty much backs onto Winter Garden. Although my area if you drive through it is actually part of Windermere, it was given a Winter Garden postal address. And when i say a 5min drive, that isnt on the 429 which is a quiet toll rd. Im talking about a 5 min drive on a back road. If you cant understand it and you find yourself in Winter Garden, or live in Winter Garden and dont know the area, i would be happy to show you.

Unread 05-07-2008, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 21,914 times
Default re location florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
Well i moved to central Florida from the UK (south East) about 5 years ago and would be happy to offer any questions you may have.

hi could you tell me how you found coping with the differences with the weather and do you have children if so hows the school system there are you glad you made the move? we have been on holiday there a few times we stayed 6 weeks last time we were there but obviously holiday is different from living there. has it lived up to your exspectation whats the best and the worst thing about living there

Unread 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Well, to be honest, it just takes a little time to adjust to the weather. Because i spent along time coming back and forth, i never found that to be a problem. I have a step daughter who is american and 7, and from what i can tell, we have some great schools in our area. In fact our daughters teacher is English this year so its been easier to keep tabs on her schooling. The only thing i miss from the UK is a kebab to be honest. I have a store here i go to where i can get pretty much anything else.

If you need any info let me know

Unread 05-08-2008, 02:31 AM

205 posts, read 455,337 times
we're staying in Celebration Hotel right now since last Friday and until this weekend, I choose this hotel because of all the raving about the town, so i got to check it out. Looking at the demographic of the town we through we should feel right at home, but we're not feeling it, maybe we need to walk around other area of the town beside the restaurant/pool/theater/park area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando