U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:18 AM

7 posts, read 56,613 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My wife and I are coming down in the next 2 weeks to Orlando to look at real estate. We both have opportunities to transfer with our companies. We have searched online at all the different areas of Orlando and a few of them peaked our interest. I'm wondering if some of you seasoned Orlando residents wouldn't mind explaining the pros and cons about the areas we are looking at. First of all, I'm in the hotel business, we have no kids, we are more interested in a condo or town home or even a hotel condo where we can live year-round. We are looking at either mixed use or a new urbanism kind of area. Our thoughts:

1. Lake Nona
2. Celebration
3. Metro west
4. Winter Garden
5. Tradition Towers
6. Village of Imagine
7. Mona Lisa at Celebration
8. Veranda Park
9. Copley Square
10. Reunion
11. Windermere
12. Avalon Park
13. The Blue Rose
14. Lake Buena Vista Place
15. Baldwin Park

Thanks in advance

Darren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 07:25 AM

42 posts, read 9,441 times
Well, to start, cross Metro West off the list. See previous posts concerning the increasing crime wave in the Metro West Area. Windermere, Baldwin Park, and Celebration would be the top of my list of those choices. Lake Nona is nice but also read previous posts concerning distance/driving factors. Also consider Winter Park and Thornton park. Good luck.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:56 AM

7 posts, read 88,864 times
I have lived in Celebration; it is very picturesque, but what a lot of residents complain about is the lack of ammenities for people who live there, as opposed to tourists. The downtown area is cute, but most of the shops are geared to tourists. You have to travel "outside of the bubble" to go to a grocery store, Target, etc., and the best mall (Milennia) is about 20 minutes away. If you want to be in an area that has better access to shops, restaurants, and the culture that downtown Orlando has to offer, Baldwin Park might be a better choice. It's a lot like Celebration, but has more close by.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:18 PM

208 posts, read 742,083 times
Windermere is fairly expensive, but a very nice area. I really liked Avalon Park, but the biggest negative (and reason why I chose not to buy there) was the traffic. There is only one entrance/exit and from what I have heard, in the morning, the traffic getting out of that place is mind numbing. I have heard a lot of good things about Baldwin Park.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:30 PM

1,682 posts, read 5,867,815 times
Baldwin Park is very centrally located and would be a great place to live if you want to be close in to the city.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 7,023,829 times
If you're in the Hotel business and need to be close to work, the best thing you have on your list is Celebration, for what you've described. I won't go through why I wouldn't choose the others, just going by what your stated desires and requirements are.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 16,979 times
Are there any low crimes area close to Lockheed Martin in Orlando, FL?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:03 PM

3,247 posts, read 4,055,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILDA BRAGGS View Post
Are there any low crimes area close to Lockheed Martin in Orlando, FL?
Which campus? Sandlake or East Orlando?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM

200 posts, read 322,382 times
Depends which hotels you'll be working at - near disney, other parks, or downtown?

Celebration is nice but definitely is a picturesque bubble town. Good thing about it is that it is near I-4 and Disney.

I'd suggest adding Dr. Phillips to the list, since it feels closer to the city but also is near the parks.

Last edited by Infinite loop; 10-02-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 05:22 PM

380 posts, read 513,979 times
Baldwin Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando