U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 AM

17 posts, read 64,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensonhurst View Post
By the way, I would live in Wyoming anyday over Orlando
must be thrilling to watch the cows all day.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,272 times
Default yes it is that bad!

Do not make a mistake and move in kirkman apt! Three other apartments along with ours got kicked in and rob! I still can not get over that! Just imagine If someone was home. Is it worth losing my life over this? No way! Kirkman is 75b, there are bilboards all the way down I 75 and the turnpike telling you to get off at kirkman exit . A lot of people make a temporary move to kirkman apt from everywhere and everywalk of life ends up here at some point. I thougt this was a gated community but it isn't. The gate only worked for about a couple of hours. A lot of police activities here and also a lot of crime. I had my motorcycle stolen and I came home to my house with the door busted wide open!along with 3 other apartments! I just got robbed again! When is this going to stop?? Never because it is ever changing. Universal studio also rents these apt. Out to its employees that are from out of country, but its not the problem or is it? Too many crimes to list that happened on my experiece at kirkman apt.! Many people are trying to get out of there right now. Just stay at kirkman apt. Over the weekend and just listen to the police! No peace at kirkman apt. You will hear people fighting and argument in all hours of the day! Biggest **** hole I ever lived in! Don't make the same mistake.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM

2,539 posts, read 8,344,786 times
Well... Kirkman Road certainly isn't the best area to live, but chances are you won't die from some horrible crime living here. My husband and I live nearby (off Millenia Blvd) and we go to the Kirkman area pretty frequently.

It's a little skeezy, and being Caucasian I do feel that I'm a minority at some of the places there (totally just saying... I feel neutral about that), but I've never felt unsafe. The Publix at Conroy and Kirkman is a little gross... we usually shop at Whole Foods on Turkey Lake but personally if I have to go to Publix I go to the one off Apopka-Vineland and Kirkman, it's WORLDS better.

However, DO NOT go the Wal-Mart off Kirkman... that place is truly frightening. I've been once, and only because it was the middle of the night and I needed something when other places were closed. Really scary!

Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 8,344,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post

...but personally if I have to go to Publix I go to the one off Apopka-Vineland and Kirkman, it's WORLDS better.
Meant to say Apopka-Vineland and Conroy-Windermere. Whoops.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 11,231 times
Hi Silent1900 would you be able to give me the names of those complexes? I am considering moving to the area and am extremely close to signing a lease for Island Club apartments on Kirkman right across from Valencia. It falls between the Walmart and Raleigh. After reading alot on these forums and elsewhere im not feeling so good about the place

Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM

88 posts, read 269,386 times
You may want to look into Gates of Harbortown and La Palazza, both on Lake Debra Drive right off of Hiawassee.

There are several condo communities in the area as well that I am sure have units for rent. For those, I would recommend you look at Bermuda Dunes, Element, and Stonebridge.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,593,373 times
This is a bit silly. Where I live is not a nightmare. Just a lot of traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensonhurst View Post
Orlando is a nightmare, more so Kirkman Road is a criminal infested area. I couldn't get away from there quick enough. Broke lease after 3 months. I cried everyday till the day I moved. Was too scared to leave the apartment and was too scared being in the apartmentIf you are used to living in a predominantly white area you will hate this place. We had criminals living above us that got evicted and some arrested. Cops came 4 times they were harbouring criminals up there. Orlando, is a filthy, disgusting place. It is the Ghetto. Do not be fooled because of the theme parks. There is plenty of crime there too. Police in orlando carry m-16's, so what does that tell you?? Please, I beg of you if you are not used to this type of living go else where and always look up demographics in the area you are looking at, that was our mistake and that tells it all!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 PM

18 posts, read 65,526 times
I live on Kirkman Road, and go to the Walmart there maybe twice a month. I haven't had any problems there. Hey, it's Walmart, don't expect world class clientelle.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,784 times
Thumbs down Kirkman Apts

[quote=dustincarter19;3597811]Moving to orlando on Saturday but haven't signed lease yet.

It's not a gated community. Well, it has a gate, but it doesn't work, and hasn't worked for the 2 years that we've lived here. In fact, the back gate is completely missing, and the front gat is just a bar that goes up and down, but it's always up, the directory isn't up to date, and anyone can just walk right in. You're moving into my building, (1633), which is pretty quiet, not a lot of drama. Lydia, the apt mgr isn't the greatest, though. She seems nice, but doesn't to take your concerns under serious consideration. City West, the apts nxt door, have a bad rep because of the old mgt. The used to be called copper terrace, and had a lot of crime. The have a fully working gate system, so u don't see many cops anymore. no gunshots here or there! Plus the remodeled apartments are really nice. These apts are old, and haven't been updated in years and they're not planning on doing so. I honestly hate my apt, and the only reason we renewed our lease is because we son't want to move again until we find a house.
If you have any questions or want to reply, email me at [email]missberrykiss22@yahoo.com[/email]. I just stumbled across this site and wanted to respond!
Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 PM

3,316 posts, read 5,576,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustincarter19 View Post
Moving to orlando on Saturday but haven't signed lease yet.

We are moving to 1633 S. Kirkman Rd. into Kirkman Apartments it is a gated apt. complex.

I hear that the area isn't horrible but obviously not the best. We are outside of MetroWest which I have heard was horrible but is not getting better.

The apartment is nice it is gated. I just want to make sure I am not going to die before my lease is up. And if you haven't lived there or don't have specific examples please don't comment. I think a lot of time these things get blown out of proportion. I am moving from Tallahassee, FL which has one of the highest crime rates per capita in the country. I don't live in a ghetto here and haven't had any problems as far as crime goes. I just am not ready for gun shots every night. Just after reading some of the threads on here I am starting to become concerned and would like to hear some people's experiences.

My son lived there for a year when he went to UCF so it has been a year since he lived there. The gate was always open/broken. But that was the same with the apartment on University. He never had any problems while living there with his 2 roommates. Parking is often hard to find near your apartment and some nights he or the girl who shared the apartment would end up having to walk from about 3 buildings down. They survived without a problem. I do think there was one incident about a girl running from a stalker once though while they were there.
His apartment was actually in really good shape except for the carpet had seen better days. They were on the ground floor and just made sure windows and doors were locked. They had a dog that barked if anyone got near the door.
We were there often and really didn't see a lot of people hanging out in their cars or about the apartment complex even when we would get back to the apartment after midnight sometimes.
Like some one else mentioned the apartment complex next to it had several gun related incidents during that year. There was a back gate near his building and it was never open and always locked, then.
He did shop the Walmart in the area but not late at night or even after dark.
He and his roommates felt safe there. The guys watched out for the girl roommate and she always called to let them know she was on her way in when she hit the gate. However mom and dad were relieved when they moved to a house in Kissimmee sort of close to Animal Kingdom. They pay the same for a 3 bedroom house on a canal. The apartment was in better shape than the 1970s house but we all like the house better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or