U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 AM

91 posts, read 295,160 times

Advertisements

Elementary and middle schools are rated "A", not sure about the high school.

Sunset Park Elementary ~ Windermere, Florida

https://www.ocps.net/lc/southwest/mb...s/default.aspx

West Orange High

Very family oriented area, my brother lives there and has an 8yr old.
Last halloween we trick or treat in the neighborhood and the kids had
a blast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM

986 posts, read 3,128,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmarbol View Post
Independence, Winter Garden Florida HOA (http://hoa-independence.blogspot.com/ - broken link)
READ before buying or renting! there are more blogs out there about it
I am wondering do you actually live in Independence yourself?

Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 AM

7 posts, read 29,688 times
Winter Garden is to far from the front of Disney. try Windsor palms just of the 192 5 mins to Disney.

I found one here Featured homes for sale the 2nd one down.

Lindfields has some great bargains at the moment if you need some help just PM me.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Im not sure what are you talking about. The thread was about Independence, and as someone who lives in Independence it takes me a 5 min drive from there to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. With the exception of one community which actually backs onto Disney, there isnt anywhere else as close.

Also, it maybe worth noting that whilst Independence has a Winter Garden address and we pay taxes zoned for Winter Garden, we are actually located more in Windermere and access Windermere ammenities, so if you have visions of us being all the way out by hwy 50 that would be incorrect.

In terms of renting to tourists however, you would be unable to do this with any property in Winter Garden/Windermere, as this area is not zones short term rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Garden View Post
Winter Garden is to far from the front of Disney. try Windsor palms just of the 192 5 mins to Disney.

I found one here Featured homes for sale the 2nd one down.

Lindfields has some great bargains at the moment if you need some help just PM me.

Last edited by cfIfan; 12-15-2008 at 08:34 AM..

Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 AM

6 posts, read 31,534 times
CFIfan, We are thinking about putting an offer on a house in either Grovehurst Development near the Village or Independence. Which would you recommend. I really like Independence...but the house in Grovehurst has been kept up a little better. I like that Independence does have more of a neighborhood feel...have two children. With re: to Independence, where is the nearest library, nearest Publix, nearest elementary (am having trouble with citysearch). Thank you!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 AM

6 posts, read 31,534 times
also, cfi fan--noticed you were from UK. My husband from Aylesbury, also lived in swindon.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 AM

67 posts, read 242,037 times
Independence:

Library: downtown Windermere (darling / big porches with rocking chairs / programs / one story) or into Winter Garden (very new).

Publix is within 2-3 minutes from you.

Elementary is probably Sunset Park, but Summerport will have a new elementary opening next fall so the boundaries may be changes. The middle school for you is Bridgewater (brand new) and excellent. That's within a bike ride.

All your shopping / Target / Starbucks / dining will be at the new Fowlers Grove mall area in Winter Garden (maybe 8-10 minutes from Independence).

Old 02-08-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,058 times
I live in independence and i absolutley love it! I have a 7 year old brother and hes never home, theres so many children that live in here but its relativley quiet in some areas. I live about 100 feet from the second clubhouse in the back and i dont hear lots of noise but i always see people out. The facilties here are great, from the hot tub, gym, playground, tennis court, and basketball court theres something here for everyone of all ages. The schools here are great sunset park elementary is a wonderfull school, the middle school bridgewater is in walking distance from the community its actually right at the back of it and the high school is well ok, having attended it my self its not that great. Thers houses here for all budgets from apartments and townhomes, to large family sized to homes to big multimillion extravagent house. Independence is the place to raise a family, its gorgeous.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM

This poster posted this a while back and obviously has an agenda to pedal.

Quote:
**http://hoa-independence.blogspot.com- Independence, Winter Garden Florida HOA[/url] do NOT buy in independence - MANAGEMENT IS THE PITTS! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!! BUYER BEWARE! Don't say you were not warned.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 PM

This poster posted exactly the same a while ago. They obviously have an agenda. As someone who lives in Independence and raises a family it is a nice community as this has been said by many others. The website they link to seems to be a group of disgruntled residents who talk about things which no one else has ever heard of. Take what this person says with a pinch of salt. Its extremely sad when people like this ruin or try to ruin the reputation of an area which is actually very nice.

Keep in mind there are alot of people who are out there who are either in foreclosure or short sale. These types of people will be bitter when they paid $500,000 for a home when they purchased in the boom years and the same home is now under $300,000

Quote:
Independence, Winter Garden Florida HOA (http://hoa-independence.blogspot.com/ - broken link) do NOT buy in independence - MANAGEMENT IS THE PITTS! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!! BUYER BEWARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or