U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:22 PM

36 posts, read 164,414 times

Advertisements

Am planning a trip to Orlando during Memorial Day weekend.
Do you think its a good time to visit Disney land, sea world etc. at that time?
I mean, heard that it would be very hot that time. I have a 3 yr old with me. Please suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM

718 posts, read 2,714,825 times
I will probably be hot, but more likely VERY crowded. I hate Disney when kids are out of school. LOOOOOOOOOG lines are not my thing with young kids. We have gone during "off times" and its so much better. Walk on pretty much every ride, better weather etc. The week or 2 before Thanksgiving is great.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,470,434 times
Moderator cut: url removed Memorial Day weekend is listed as "crowded," not as bad as most crowded time of the year (Xmas to Jan. 1), extremely crowded (Easter Week) or really crowded (4th of July), but not "a good time to go".

Last edited by autumngal; 05-06-2008 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,995,825 times
Moved from the NC forums.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 PM

2,697 posts, read 7,790,338 times
Personally, I'd go to Williamsburg instead. We always do Disney around Thanksgiving when the weather is generally good and it's pretty quiet (plus decorated for Christmas). I cannot imagine waiting in long lines with a small child when it's hot and humid, but I have a very low tolerance for anything unpleasant!

Old 05-06-2008, 01:27 PM

8 posts, read 4,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss.mmm View Post
Am planning a trip to Orlando during Memorial Day weekend.
Do you think its a good time to visit Disney land, sea world etc. at that time?
I mean, heard that it would be very hot that time. I have a 3 yr old with me. Please suggest.
First of all don't bring a three year old to Disney World, when I brought my three year old she was more excited about getting an ice cream than anything else. Secondly, the crowds and heat make this a completely undesirable choice. November 1 through December 15th excluding Thanksgiving are the only times I would ever consider going to DISNEY. Your biggest issue though is the 3 year old. If the kid was six or seven she or he would be so excited it might be worth it. AVOID THIS TRIP AT ALL COSTS $75 a ticket. I wouldn't plan any trip to Florida May through October for any reason unless you like humidity and 90+ temperatures.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM

36 posts, read 164,414 times
Default Thanks

Thank you very much for all your replies.
First of all, my plans to go to Disney is to make my kid have fun. [I would enjoy too!!!]
I already had a doubt if it would be worth, now am pretty sure not to take the risk.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM

2,697 posts, read 7,790,338 times
I personally don't think 3 is too young, just go at a different time. We've been taking our children since our daughter was just over 2 and our son was 10 months old. This year will be our fourth annual trip. Do they remember the first trip? Of course not, but my husband and I needed a vacation and they had fun, so we had fun.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM

1,594 posts, read 4,876,664 times
My three year has also been going to Disney World since he was potty trained and he loves it. There is a ton of things for kids that age. (but make sure you bring a stroller) Memorial Day is pretty tough though for any park. The lines will be crazy. If you stay on property then you get to go into some of the parks an hour early. If you did that then utilized the Fast Passes then it might not be that bad. But again, for the money you will spend I would suggest coming back for Labor Day or sometime in September. Its pretty slow at that time.

We just went to Aquatica and its amazing! There was a ton of things for my 3 year old to do.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:36 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,348,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss.mmm View Post
Thank you very much for all your replies.
First of all, my plans to go to Disney is to make my kid have fun. [I would enjoy too!!!]
I already had a doubt if it would be worth, now am pretty sure not to take the risk.

The winter time is better it will be very hot around memorial day as a matter of fact this weekend is going to be in the 90`s if you are not used to the heat it will be bad for you. And the heat is not like up north I have live up north and down in florida for 22 years and it is much hotter here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or