Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 09:27 AM

43 posts, read 67,916 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations of areas to rent within reasonable distance to some of the main Orlando attractions (Disney, Universal).

I've been looking at Doctor Phillips - are there any areas that should be avoided within this section? What are the areas surrounding Doctor Phillips like in terms of 'niceness' , safety etc.

Any other areas that are a 20-25 (ish) minute drive away, ignoring peak times of course.

Does anyone live around these areas that could recommend a nice apartment block, no more than $1900 a month for a 1 bed?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 11:29 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLA View Post
Hello,

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations of areas to rent within reasonable distance to some of the main Orlando attractions (Disney, Universal).

I've been looking at Doctor Phillips - are there any areas that should be avoided within this section? What are the areas surrounding Doctor Phillips like in terms of 'niceness' , safety etc.

Any other areas that are a 20-25 (ish) minute drive away, ignoring peak times of course.

Does anyone live around these areas that could recommend a nice apartment block, no more than $1900 a month for a 1 bed?

Thank you!

I can't speak for rentals, but I am very familiar with Dr. Phillips. It's a great area, very safe, close to all the action, but isolated from it as well. I'd look around Dr. Phillips Blvd, Wallace Rd, Apopka Vineland Road. I'd personally avoid Turkey Lake Rd. Surrounding areas that I'd recommend... Gotha and Downtown Windermere, and then finally parts of Windermere and Winter Garden. Dr. Phillips is mostly residences, not many apartment buildings, but you can find townhomes for rent from individuals I'm sure. The most affordable ones would probably be... The Sanctuary at Bay Hill and Sandpointe Townhomes. The locations of both of these are 100% great... so close to everything, but very quiet and safe as well.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:12 PM

Thank you BMW, I've done some research. Like you say there isn't much in way of apartments within the Doctor Phillips boundaries.

Are you or anyone aware of whether fireworks can be heard in any or all of the apartments around Disney or Universal? Is there a known radius to be at where they won't be heard?

I did reach out to a handful of apartments that looked like good options, but apparently they don't have to answer the "can fireworks be heard within apartments units from local theme parks" question.

Not exactly sure how them not answering that helps them, but I'll have to rely on anyone familiar with the areas or apartment blocks instead I guess.

Some of the ones I've been looking at are:

The Realtor
IMT Lake House
Integra Cove (Near Sea World)
The Courtney Universal Blvd
Essex Luxe
Triton Cay
Legacy Universal
Lake Vue
The Retreat Windermere
The Addison Windermere
MAA Windermere
Venetian Isle
Citra at Windermere

Is anyone familiar with the above apartments areas?
Do any have good sound proofing?
Great grounds within the apartment for dogs?
Are the residents typically older 35+ or younger? (p.s. yep writing 35 as older feels wrong I know, sorry! )
What is the area around Sea World like?
Is the area around Millenia safe? I found reviews but they were too old to really tell. Areas like Northridge at Millenia, Aria at Millenia and The Villages Millenia.

Thanks again for any input here

Old 09-12-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Thank you BMW, I've done some research. Like you say there isn't much in way of apartments within the Doctor Phillips boundaries.

Are you or anyone aware of whether fireworks can be heard in any or all of the apartments around Disney or Universal? Is there a known radius to be at where they won't be heard?

I did reach out to a handful of apartments that looked like good options, but apparently they don't have to answer the "can fireworks be heard within apartments units from local theme parks" question.

Not exactly sure how them not answering that helps them, but I'll have to rely on anyone familiar with the areas or apartment blocks instead I guess.

Some of the ones I've been looking at are:

The Realtor
IMT Lake House
Integra Cove (Near Sea World)
The Courtney Universal Blvd
Essex Luxe
Triton Cay
Legacy Universal
Lake Vue
The Retreat Windermere
The Addison Windermere
MAA Windermere
Venetian Isle
Citra at Windermere

Is anyone familiar with the above apartments areas?
Do any have good sound proofing?
Great grounds within the apartment for dogs?
Are the residents typically older 35+ or younger? (p.s. yep writing 35 as older feels wrong I know, sorry! )
What is the area around Sea World like?
Is the area around Millenia safe? I found reviews but they were too old to really tell. Areas like Northridge at Millenia, Aria at Millenia and The Villages Millenia.

Thanks again for any input here

Avoid living around SeaWorld... tourists galore.

Avoid living around Millenia... very high crime, but good for shopping.

Fireworks aren't an issue for most areas. They are actually nice to see in the distance.

No need for sound proofing.

The Realtor (I'm assuming you mean The Rialto) - Nice, but traffic area
IMT Lake House - Nice, but traffic area
The Courtney Universal Blvd - NO
Essex Luxe - NO
Triton Cay - NO
Legacy Universal - NO
Lake Vue - NO

I find this part of Windermere good for families, but too boring and a bit isolated for professionals. It's nice, but bland, a bit difficult to get to fun areas.

The Retreat Windermere - Meh
The Addison Windermere - Nice
MAA Windermere - Meh
Venetian Isle - Nice
Citra at Windermere - meh

Honestly, I would either...

A) Rent a townhouse in Dr. Phillips. If you don't mind being in a traffic area, the Rialto and Lake House are very nice.

B) Rent a townhouse or condo in Baldwin Park. It's probably the most dog friendly walkable area filled to the brim with young professionals. It's a bit further to the parks, but not too far. You can get to Universal most of the time under 25 mins.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:56 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

Fireworks aren't an issue for most areas. They are actually nice to see in the distance.

Essex Luxe - NO
Triton Cay - NO
Legacy Universal - NO
Lake Vue - NO

I find this part of Windermere good for families, but too boring and a bit isolated for professionals. It's nice, but bland, a bit difficult to get to fun areas.

MAA Windermere - Meh
Venetian Isle - Nice

A) Rent a townhouse in Dr. Phillips. If you don't mind traffic though, the Rialto and Lake House are very nice though.

B) Rent a townhouse or condo in Baldwin Park. It's probably the most dog friendly walkable area filled to the brim with young professionals. It's a bit further to the parks, but not too far. You can get to Universal most of the time under 25 mins.

Old 09-13-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:

Essex Luxe - NO
Triton Cay - NO
Legacy Universal - NO
Lake Vue - NO

MAA Windermere - Meh
Venetian Isle - Nice

A) Rent a townhouse in Dr. Phillips. If you don't mind being in a traffic area, the Rialto and Lake House are very nice.

Thanks once again BMW. My reason for enquiring into fireworks is because my dog is terrified of them, so I definitely don't want to be anywhere near the sound or even vibration of them

I have been looking into townhomes and some private rentals also, however, I would prefer a shorter lease initially and of course private home owners tend to want longer tenants.

Still searching but really appreciate your input here especially with all the individual apartments complexes

Old 09-13-2022, 07:26 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times
Yes, our "furbabies" are part of our family. Awesome you are researching the "little" things. Lol, I am a human and NEED to move out into the wilds where they do not know about "fireworks". Angela

Old 09-13-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks once again BMW. My reason for enquiring into fireworks is because my dog is terrified of them, so I definitely don't want to be anywhere near the sound or even vibration of them

I have been looking into townhomes and some private rentals also, however, I would prefer a shorter lease initially and of course private home owners tend to want longer tenants.

Still searching but really appreciate your input here especially with all the individual apartments complexes

You're welcome! I would then go with Lake House or Rialto and then from there you can see where you like the most. Both of these are nice places next to each other.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,256 times
Quote:
I can't speak for rentals, but I am very familiar with Dr. Phillips. It's a great area, very safe, close to all the action, but isolated from it as well. I'd look around Dr. Phillips Blvd, Wallace Rd, Apopka Vineland Road. I'd personally avoid Turkey Lake Rd. Surrounding areas that I'd recommend... Gotha and Downtown Windermere, and then finally parts of Windermere and Winter Garden. Dr. Phillips is mostly residences, not many apartment buildings, but you can find townhomes for rent from individuals I'm sure. The most affordable ones would probably be... The Sanctuary at Bay Hill and Sandpointe Townhomes. The locations of both of these are 100% great... so close to everything, but very quiet and safe as well.
BMW why would you avoid the Turkey Lake Road area? Too close to Universal?

Old 02-08-2023, 09:30 PM

13 posts, read 10,614 times
Not BMW, but would also advise avoiding Turkey Lake Rd because traffic is a nightmare 24/7. Basically theme park hell overflow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando