U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2008, 03:31 AM

423 posts, read 1,122,350 times

Advertisements

Years ago when Champ Williams had the food concessions at the Orlando airports (both at Herndon and McCoy/Orlando International) he operated the Skyline Buffet. Actually it was quite nice for a buffet operation and offered real china, crystal, and tablecloths, as well as good food. I recall most of the dishes fondly, in particular the apple muffins and a dressing (stuffing) side dish that was loaded with Brazil nuts. I've contacted The Orlando Sentinel and checked out some of the cook books from the area that had recipes featured from various area restaurants, but have had no luck finding a recipe for that Brazil nut dressing? Do any of you longer-term residents or collectors of local items of interest have a copy of this item? Any help would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,935 times
Can't help you with the recipe, but, could you help me with the Lobster Newburg? My husband doesn't remember having that dish at Orlando Municipal Airport restaurant. But, I remember having it and it was delicious. Am I correct, or, am I having a Senior Moment???? By the way, if you do get the Brazil nut dressing recipe, I would love to have it, also.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 PM

126 posts, read 155,425 times
Haha does anyone remember the gator tail dinner that came with bread that was shaped like an alligator? Good God that was ages ago....

Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,301 times
How about any pictures of the old Skyline? In particular, a photo of the original sign? Anyone have one thay can blow the dust off of and share a copy?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,134 times
I'm looking for an old picture of the Skyline Restaurant sign - I believe it may have been a neon sign. It was mounted above the Main Entrance to the small terminal, of what was then, the Herndon Airport. Does anyone have such a picture? In this age where Google can track down anything - I cannot BELIEVE how hard it has been to find this picture!!

Old 10-31-2013, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,710 times
Default recipe for brazil nut stuffing

i see this is 5 years late, but better late than never?

Champ's Brazil Nut Dressing

1/4 pound chicken fat

1/2 cup chopped celery

1 chopped bell pepper

1 medium diced onion

1/4 cup chopped parsley

1/2 pound brazil nuts, chopped

1 loaf Pepperidge Farms whole wheat bread diced

1 1/2 cups corn bread, diced

1 Tablespoon sage

1 Tablespoon Accent

1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning

1 Tablespoon curry powder

1 Tablespoon salt

8 cups turkey or chicken stock

1 Tablespoon chicken base

On stove, melt chicken fat and strain. In a 5 quart pot, combine

turkey stock, chicken fat, bell pepper, celery, onion and parsley.

Cook until vegetables are tender. Add brazil nuts, poultry seasoning,

sage, curry powder, salt, accent and chicken base. Add corn bread

and whole wheat bread. Stir until thoroughly mixed and comes to a

simmer. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven

for 45 minutes.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Default sign picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb618 View Post
I'm looking for an old picture of the Skyline Restaurant sign - I believe it may have been a neon sign. It was mounted above the Main Entrance to the small terminal, of what was then, the Herndon Airport. Does anyone have such a picture? In this age where Google can track down anything - I cannot BELIEVE how hard it has been to find this picture!!
i have lots of pictures of the skyline. What are you using it for?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearsc View Post
Can't help you with the recipe, but, could you help me with the Lobster Newburg? My husband doesn't remember having that dish at Orlando Municipal Airport restaurant. But, I remember having it and it was delicious. Am I correct, or, am I having a Senior Moment???? By the way, if you do get the Brazil nut dressing recipe, I would love to have it, also.
LOBSTER THERMIDOR SKYLINE RESTAURANT
2 cups milk, heated
1 1/2 lbs langostinos or lobster meat
5 tbsps butter
7 tbsps flour
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced, or stems and pieces, drained
1/4 cup white wine
1/8 tsp prepared mustard
Salt and white pepper to taste
1/4 tsp minced garlic
Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux. Stir the roux constantly with wire whisk. Simmer 8 to 12 minutes, being very careful that roux does not scorch or turn brown. Add milk a small amount at a time to the roux, mixing constantly. Bring the sauce to just below the boiling point, then add lobster, white wine, mustard, minced garlic, mushrooms and salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 8 to 20 minutes, being careful that the thermidor does not stick. Place lobster thermidor into individual baking dishes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 F oven until the thermidor begins to bubble. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Makes 8 side-dish or 4 main-dish servings.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOrlando View Post
How about any pictures of the old Skyline? In particular, a photo of the original sign? Anyone have one thay can blow the dust off of and share a copy?
i have lots of old skyline photos. what are you using them for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando