U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM

569 posts, read 1,080,557 times

Advertisements

I was looking at homes with the realtor and found a house at the corner of Lakeside and Anhinga that I really liked. I heard some loud music playing a couple of doors down that evening, and it kind of got me concerned about the neighborhood. I also noticed a broken window on the side that faces Lakeside which looked like could possibly have been made by a bullet. Is that possible? I'm not familiar with whether this is a good neighborhood, but I loved the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM

1,988 posts, read 4,654,954 times
Buena Ventura Lakes is a lower income neighborhood in general. I would not recommend the area, but I know it is not the worst area to move to overall. I am sure it has some safety concerns and people may not take the best care of their property or yours given the nature of the area. The area is synonymous with the posts about Kissimmee and the reasons why people advise to avoid it.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:34 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,822,078 times
I think that if you have a bad feeling about it then you should really trust it. Lakeside is a newer neighborhood for BVL but still has some of the problems associated with the area: Overcrowding and lack of community spirit. If you are intersted in the area then you could probably get the same deal on a home in Remington and have a better sense of security and safety.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:45 PM

129 posts, read 248,003 times
You're coming from Texas so maybe you speak Spanish. If not than you may want to take lessons. If I'm not mistaken, BVL is about 80-85% Hispanic. That doesnt mean it is a bad area, it just means that area of central florida is not as diverse as others. In most other area of CF, the racial make up is much more evenly distributed.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Nah, I'm just a white girl with a limited Spanish repertoire. The house was lovely, but I was leery about the neighborhood for sure. Too bad you can't pick up your ideal house and set it down on a lot in a better neighborhood! We're going to go with the other house we had our eye on in what seems to be a better part of Kissimmee. Thanks for the input!

Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,822,078 times
Thats great. I hope you do well here. Can I ask what neighborhood you choose? I am a 30 year Kissimmee native. Welcome to town!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 AM

Certainly you may ask. We put an offer in on a house in Country Creek off of Bass Road. The offer was accepted, and we're supposed to close the end of July.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Weird how my post from so long ago is heading up an article on race when I meant it as an innocent query about a neighborhood.

"Puerto Ricans Live Free": Race, Language, and Orlando's Contested Soundscape | Southern Spaces
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando