Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:35 PM

148 posts, read 339,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
Your blanket statement about east Orlando is incorrect. The area of east Orlando I live in only has a 3% Hispanic population.
I'm starting to question where you obtain and how you interpret all your zip code statistics...random stats just might be less reliable than subjective info and personal anecdotes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 09:17 PM

166 posts, read 384,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Anyways, the whole point was that you posted questionable OBJ stats instead of just sticking to more reliable stats.
Since you have not provided any (correct) facts or analysis to support your assertion that the data contained in the Orlando Business Journal article is flawed, your above statement can only be interpreted to be your own personal opinion, which you are certainly entitled to.

If you have what you have determined to be more 'reliable stats' for crime statistics for the zip codes in the Orlando metro area, please feel free to share them.

Last edited by Consigliere; 02-14-2014 at 09:29 PM..

Old 02-14-2014, 09:44 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,503 times
Quote:
Since you have not provided any (correct) facts or analysis to support your assertion that the data contained in the Orlando Business Journal article is flawed, your above statement can only be interpreted to be your own personal opinion, which you are certainly entitled to.

If you have what you have determined to be more 'reliable stats' for crime statistics for the zip codes in the Orlando metro area, please feel free to share them.
Yawn. I already gave a decent analysis on the stats while you're just posting links to random sites that I already debunked. Feel free to analyze my previous posts carefully and let them sink in. Like I said, this isn't the first time you've posted random and questionable stuff. Also, your claim that those OBJ stats aren't flawed is your personal opinions as well, especially since you can't validate the stats yourself. But at least I attempted to validate them (and I came to to the conclusion that they're most likely invalid). Basically, my opinion sounds way better than yours.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
...your claim that those OBJ stats aren't flawed is your personal opinions as well
I never claimed that the OBJ stats aren't flawed. What I did say previously is that... "I did not do the research reported in the article so I can't defend it's accuracy. I just got tired of reading all the threads on this site about the safest area to live in that weren't backed up by any references to published data, but instead seemed only to be based on personal opinion/bias. If anyone has other published data, please feel free to share it."

Quote:
I already gave a decent analysis on the stats...
The only analysis of the statistics I recall you providing was totally flawed, since you attempted to use the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) stats for the entire city of Winter Park to discredit the OBJ article stats that they reported for only a part of the city (zip 32789).

Since you purport to have knowledge that the data contained in he OBJ article is incorrect, it would be helpful as a point of comparison if you could provide a reference/link to alternate data that you feel contains as you say the 'reliable' and 'correct' crime stats for the zip codes in Orlando metro area so that we could all benefit from the data.

Last edited by Consigliere; 02-14-2014 at 11:50 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I never claimed that the OBJ stats aren't flawed. What I did say previously is that... "I did not do the research reported in the article so I can't defend it's accuracy. I just got tired of reading all the threads on this site about the safest area to live in that weren't backed up by any references to published data, but instead seemed only to be based on personal opinion/bias. If anyone has other published data, please feel free to share it."
You're right, you didn't claim that the stats aren't flawed. But your belief (or what ever relationship you hold) in the OBJ stats are still more of an opinion.

Quote:
The only analysis of the statistics I recall you providing was totally flawed, since you attempted to use the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) stats for the entire city of Winter Park to discredit the OBJ article stats that they reported for only a part of the city (zip 32789).
It seems you haven't recalled any post. I already gave you the methodology and everything. I used one of the real estate websites you gave me for searching zip code crime stats. The website gave me numbers that were almost identical (if not, completely the same) to the numbers given by the OBJ article. Therefore, both sites have to be using a similar methodology or data source. Then I made the connection and said "hmmm, let's compare the city of Winter Park to crime-infested Oakland". I did that, the website said that the city WP had a higher crime index than the city of Oakland, which is stupid because that doesn't agree with the FBI UCR. If it can't get city crime indexes correct, I don't think they can't get zip codes correct. Seeing as how the real estate website might have got their data from a source or methodology being used by the OBJ article, that OBJ article might also be flawed because their source or methodology might not even get numbers correct. It's that simple. Like I said, my opinion sounds way better than yours and there's actually better support for it because you can easily debunk it yourself.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
...your belief (or what ever relationship you hold) in the OBJ stats are still more of an opinion.
The crime statistics contained in the Orlando Business Journal (OBJ) article that I shared are not my 'belief' or 'more of an opinion' or based upon 'what ever relationship' I may have with anyone. I have no relationship of any sort with the OBJ or anyone that may have been involved with that article. The statistics from the OBJ article were published by a periodical that has been reporting on the local area for 30 years.

Quote:
It seems you haven't recalled any post...Like I said, my opinion sounds way better than yours and there's actually better support for it because you can easily debunk it yourself.
I recall all your previous posts which unfortunately were not supported by any substantive data or rational methodology.

The data from the OBJ article appears to be in line with every other source I could find. I found nothing that would seriously contradict the data.

All that aside, since you purport to have knowledge of the 'reliable' and 'correct' crime stats for the zip codes in Orlando metro area, please provide a reference/link to that data for comparison with the research data that has been published by the OBJ so that a reasonable comparison can be made.

Last edited by Consigliere; 02-16-2014 at 11:19 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
The crime statistics contained in the Orlando Business Journal (OBJ) article that I shared are not my 'belief' or 'more of an opinion' or based upon 'what ever relationship' I may have with anyone. I have no relationship of any sort with the OBJ or anyone that may have been involved with that article. The statistics from the OBJ article were published by a periodical that has been reporting on the local area for 30 years.
You believe the article might contain some sort of valuable information that might be valid. That's a mere opinion which you can't (or don't know how to) support yourself. If you didn't think that the OBJ article might hold some valuable information, you wouldn't be throwing around the data and implying in other threads that the zip code stats might shed more light on crime problems even though they might contradict FBI data.

Quote:
I recall all your previous posts which unfortunately were not supported by any substantive data or rational methodology.

The data from the OBJ article appears to be in line with every other source I could find. I found nothing that would seriously contradict the data.

All that aside, since you purport to have knowledge of the 'reliable' and 'correct' crime stats for the zip codes in Orlando metro area, please provide a reference/link to that data for comparison with the research data that has been published by the OBJ so that a reasonable comparison can be made.
The fact that you keep repeating yourself, referring to horrible sources (with a few of them showing that Orlando city-proper somehow has a higher crime index than Detroit city-proper) and asking me to support my observations (which I did TWO times just for you) shows that you are unable to understand. I already gave you the one reason why the OBJ article might contradict FBI data and it seems like you don't get it. Too bad for you.

Last edited by LordHomunculus; 02-17-2014 at 08:39 AM..

Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You believe the article might contain some sort of valuable information that might be valid. That's a mere opinion which you can't (or don't know how to) support yourself. If you didn't think that the OBJ article might hold some valuable information, you wouldn't be throwing around the data and implying in other threads that the zip code stats might shed more light on crime problems even though they might contradict FBI data.

The fact that you keep repeating yourself, referring to horrible sources (with a few of them showing that Orlando city-proper somehow has a higher crime index than Detroit city-proper) and asking me to support my observations (which I did TWO times just for you) shows that you are unable to understand. I already gave you the one reason why the OBJ article might contradict FBI data and it seems like you don't get it. Too bad for you.
Thanks for the response. Please post or provide a reference/link to the 'reliable' and 'correct' crime stats for the zip codes in Orlando metro area that you purport to have knowledge of.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Please post or provide a reference/link to the 'reliable' and 'correct' crime stats for the zip codes in Orlando metro area that you purport to have knowledge of.
Like you, I don't have reliable data on zip code crime stats. If that's what you wanted to hear all along....

Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
...I don't have reliable data on zip code crime stats. If that's what you wanted to hear all along....
No, that's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping to see some other published data that would be helpful and add substance to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando