U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:41 PM

14 posts, read 17,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Goldsboro.

Magnolia Point area is fine.

For Pine Hills, to me, most areas off of Hiawassee North of Silver Star are fine. The thing with Pine Hills is that it's very hit-or-miss. You'll have a nice, quiet neighborhood, but just a few blocks North, you'll have run-down apartments and mobile homes rampant with drug and gang activity.

My wife's cousins used to live around Indian Hill for years, and I always felt perfectly safe visiting them.
I appreciate your insight. I don't know how comfortable I am with shooting around the corner but I'll figure it out. Guess that's life. There are rough patches in Atlanta as well but it's usually more centralized to west and Southwest areas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 AM

Default Country Club Manor? Good areas of Sanford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I live in 32771 and most of it is fine, more or less equivalent to what's seen in Lake Mary in terms of safety. The area you're referring to is what's known as Goldsboro which is around 95% black and low income, and where the vast majority of the crime within 32771 occurs. What kind of a price range is driving you toward homes in these areas?
Another question, is Country Club Manor, south of Goldsboro better? Midway, I've read to avoid as well? So I guess my question is what parts of Sanford are good?

Thank you!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 AM

24,936 posts, read 39,248,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieRN View Post
Another question, is Country Club Manor, south of Goldsboro better? Midway, I've read to avoid as well? So I guess my question is what parts of Sanford are good?

Thank you!
Pretty much anywhere else besides the areas you mention are good in Sanford. Country Club Manor is a step up from Goldsboro but would place it as the second or third least desirable in town. You're going to have to choose either budget or location, but you're not going to get both.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:47 PM

Default Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Pretty much anywhere else besides the areas you mention are good in Sanford. Country Club Manor is a step up from Goldsboro but would place it as the second or third least desirable in town. You're going to have to choose either budget or location, but you're not going to get both.
Ok. Sorry to hound you with questions, is the airport area bad as well? It seems that only leaves the part that is basically Lake Mary or the little area above Lake Mary map wise outside of the area by the airport...

Old 01-28-2017, 10:03 AM

24,936 posts, read 39,248,829 times
Quote:
Ok. Sorry to hound you with questions, is the airport area bad as well? It seems that only leaves the part that is basically Lake Mary or the little area above Lake Mary map wise outside of the area by the airport...
Pretty much everything east of the line drawn by US17-92 and the 417, the area north of 1st Street to Lake Monroe plus most everywhere south and west of the line drawn by Airport Blvd and the 417 are decent to nice areas...all of which accounts for about 75% of the city. In terms of the airport it's a massive plot of land and would depend upon what side of the airport you're talking about. I would avoid pretty much all of the north/northeast side which is Midway (similar to Goldsboro). The NW side is the Mellonville area and has some very nice historic neighborhoods. The west side is mostly 50s and 60s build concrete block homes and fairly okay neighborhoods. That area was base housing for when there was a Naval Air Station at the airport back in World War II and was active until 1980. The south side of the airport is sparsely populated and larger lot sizes with a good many older builds (60s and 70s) plus some new construction neighborhoods too. It's perfectly fine there as well.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:13 PM

15,281 posts, read 12,616,275 times
Quote:
I appreciate your insight. I don't know how comfortable I am with shooting around the corner but I'll figure it out. Guess that's life. There are rough patches in Atlanta as well but it's usually more centralized to west and Southwest areas.
80,000+ people live in Pine Hills. The majority are not exposed to shootings and gang activity. There are some decent parts out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando