Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe the outrageous prices fromNJ to Florida for car rentals! We are going to Orlando in Mid August *hot time to go* too!//Any good car rental agencies that stand out from the rest? or have reasonable prices? I am looking at a crappy economy car for 300.00! I have checked everywhere!
Help?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 07:52 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
I would look into National Car Rental at the airport. It is very convenient for pick up and drop off. The cars are always really clean and in that range. Do not get the optional insurance, unless that freaks you out! I know it is peak season that can have an impact, but I had to drive a rental for 2 weeks in March when I was rear ended and it was real cheap. I want to say it was about $300 for that time and length of rental.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM

28 posts, read 136,455 times
Whenever we head to FL we get a rental car at MCO. We usually get a really great rate (i.e. a minivan for $350 for 10 days)

Here's how we do it. It's time consuming, but it works.

We search the internet for "rental car codes" usually we can find a site that lists codes like crazy. And then it's just a matter of plugging in (and keeping track on paper) the codes and the results.

And when we have used all the possible codes, we go back and book the car using the code that gave us the best discount. It has taken sometimes upwards of 2 1/2-3 hours of code plugging. But when the rate starts at $850 and drops to $350, then it's worth it!

I think this is the site we find codes most often:
MouseSavers.com - Rental Car Discount Info - Car Rental Discounts

Just click on the rental car company and scroll down for the long list of possible codes. HTH.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:25 PM

5 posts, read 17,179 times
I am renting one now from Advantage, which is off property, but a short shuttle bus from MCO. I booked a Full size for 12 days for $339. Be careful about the bait-and-switch. Evidently they didn't have any more full size cars available when I showed up, but they didn't tell me that. They tried first to convice me to go with a "Premium" upgrade for $10 more PER DAY. When I stuck to my guns, they gave me the premium anyway. Most reputable companies would just offer you a FREE upgrade, if they were out of cars in your category. Other than that, so far I am satisfied. I usually rent from AVIS, but they are not even close in price these days.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM

810 posts, read 3,305,300 times
Prices has gone up...we always have good luck searching carrentals dot com.

As with most cases, the further ahead you book, the better deal you get. We just book a minivan for 10 days at $25/day for February. Keep searching. You didn't say how many days you needed to rent for. Have you considered splitting up the rental?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: