U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,472 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Eli
i have the opportunity to buy a almost new house for investment ,and now i need to choose from this 2 subdivision's
i would like to know what you have to say.
Irma lakes in zip code 32817
and Avalon park in zip code 32828
whats the pros and cons in each one ?

Best regards
Eli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 AM

1,988 posts, read 6,372,731 times
I do not know enough about the Irma Lakes area since I do not know anyone that lives there. It looks nice, but several areas that have some problems look nice. I drive through there on my way to work sometimes which is by UCF and the homes look very nice.
Avalon Park is more isolated and harder to get to. That is in some ways a pro and in some ways a con. I like the idea and concept of Avalon Park, but I think that the homes look like they were poorly constructed. Some of them have a cheap look. I like the area though and they do a lot of special events in the town center area during holidays and whatnot that are very nice. The area is a lot of young families and is nicer toward the southern end by the Publix than north up by E Colonial.

I read your question but did not have a definite recommendation. For the east side, the only real areas I would avoid are areas of Azalea Park and Union Park, mainly neighborhoods adjacent to Colonial or Goldenrod. The area gets nicer once you get east of Dean in a lot of places but stay south of Lake Underhill or north of University. There are some nice pockets around Chickasaw Trail and Econ Trail too, mainly south of Curry Ford. Also avoid areas too close to Valencia CC.

The biggest zip codes to be wary of on the east side are 32807,32822 and parts of 32825.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or