U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 18,997 times

Advertisements

I am in the prosess of trying to move my mother in law down here. We live in Longwood. We are looking for a of HUD Senior housing for her. She is on a limited income. We would like it to be in the Sanford, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Winter Springs area for our convenience. Does anyone have any information or can direct us to the right county office for help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:11 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,667,077 times
Assisted living Orlando FL senior housing assisted living apartments

Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 18,242 times
Smile Hud housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbartlett View Post
I am in the prosess of trying to move my mother in law down here. We live in Longwood. We are looking for a of HUD Senior housing for her. She is on a limited income. We would like it to be in the Sanford, Longwood, Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Winter Springs area for our convenience. Does anyone have any information or can direct us to the right county office for help?

I live in Calvary Towers. It is located in Winter Park, just off the I 4 Fairbanks exits. If you know where Calvary Assembly is, you'll be able to pin-point it's location. The building is well run, clean, close to everything, and yes, the rents go according to ones income. I too have a limited income from Social Security and here your Mom will enjoy help with cleaning, bathing, shopping, etc if needed. We also have a bus that can take her to Publix once a week, lynx bus service.

I know that you are concerned about your Mom being close to you. Winter Park is not that far from Longwood and it is a hop, skip and a jump via I 4.

Calvary Towers is located at 1099 Clay Street, Winter Park 32789 and their phone number is 407-645-1099.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 17,055 times
Talking Also looking for myself,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbartlett View Post
Did you have any progress? I am also curious of moving into those areas but want to find a place that accepts 55 and older, I am disabled but mobile meaning I don't need assistant living and also on that note I would like to be in a complex that is section 8 in about any major area that is safe and I can put down roots and not mess around with section 8 volchers that seems to be less popular due to the abuse of them and also the cliental that goes with them any help would be greatly be apprecaited. thanks.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 AM

7,902 posts, read 5,513,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael31405 View Post
Did you have any progress? I am also curious of moving into those areas but want to find a place that accepts 55 and older, I am disabled but mobile meaning I don't need assistant living and also on that note I would like to be in a complex that is section 8 in about any major area that is safe and I can put down roots and not mess around with section 8 volchers that seems to be less popular due to the abuse of them and also the cliental that goes with them any help would be greatly be apprecaited. thanks.

The HUD subsidized stuff tends to be crappy, as you seem to already know. The state-funded affordable housing developments have to meet higher standards and are usually nicer.

Try this: Florida Housing Search - Socialserve.com

That should help shorten your search.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 AM

23,991 posts, read 32,322,325 times
FYI--They've stopped taking names for the waiting lists to apply for section 8 around here, and are saying it will likely be five years before most of the people who have already applied will actually get into a section 8 unit. You can't get into a section 8 complex without a section 8 voucher--those with vouchers will always take priority, and there are thousands with vouchers already waiting for a spot to open.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 14,192 times
I live in Chgo IL. under hud. it was a very nice place until recently they started excepting section 8, section 8 is a good thing for people that need it but some people give it a bad name. I need to be relocated to or near Orlando Florida my nephew is in college their. I'm 62 yrs young on social security disability. He will help me out. I would like a decent, spacious, clean, well kept place with a balcony and a view and a nice view. If someone could help me it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Moderator cut: giving out personal info is not safe.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 09-17-2010 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: giving out personal information

Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 9,934 times
I'm a senior citizen age 64 who lives in NYC and wants to get out of here for several reasons.
I get ssd and ssi together but the minimum.
deos anyone know of nice subsidized one bedroom apts I can live in outside NYC which is totally screwed up in jobs and housing for years.
all replies answered .
eric
[email]tortoise1234567@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,201 times
Smile Deane

I am leaving Montana due to Health reasons for myself and my son. I am looking to see if I can fined a Hud Home for us near Casselberry Fl. My son and I are on disability and we have a lot of Med. expenses. If you could help it would be a blessing. We will be coming into Orlando in April.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,059 times
I agree some people give a bad name to section 8. I don't want to sound weird but I ha been living in Orlando, FL for about 25 years and let me tell you a lot of people move down here from N.Y with section 8 and its bad, Orlando has become a crappy expensive place to live. If you have money, or 2 jobs then welcome otherwise don't bother. I can't wait to move out of here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando