Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, i am moving to the Orlando area on Oct.1st, and I need some help from the locals. First of all, WHAt area's are the best to live in?? Let me tell you a little about myself- i am 24/female/i love to party and have fun but am also resposnible and a hard worker. I would like to live in an area with a little excitment to it. I am going to be living alone so I don't want to feel lonely and secluded all the time.
I found a bunch of apartments in Winter Park, can anyone tell me if this is a good area?
Please what areas around Orlando would you reccomend to me, and if you want to live specific apartments that would be helpful.
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Downtown Orlando, Thornton Park area would be the best for what you are looking for.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
What part of town are you going to be working in? I wouldn't live downtown if you're working in the attractions area or working in Lake Mary and having to deal with I-4 everyday.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:54 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
From What you said I would think Baldwin Park may be a good choice. Winter Park is nice. You may also like Thornton Park , just East of downtown to the East of Lake Eola down to South Street. BP and TP will have people around and close to festive things. Get an annual pass for Universal, City Walk may be festive as well for fun as well as the clubs downtown.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
The suggestions you have gotten so far are good...What kind of budget are we working with here. Where will you be working?
Winter Park has two distinct parts...give us the addresses and we can help you more.

Good Luck!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,962,609 times
Don`t forget Eola Heights historic district also in downtown Orlando. And collage park, Colonial Town. If you like partying downtown is the place to be if you are young.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 18,886 times
Definitely downtown. You'll need a roommate to afford the rent down here and a car would help too. If you're going to work downtown, then a car isn't too necessary if you also live downtown. The one HUGE drawback, our homeless people are agressive...worse than those in Washington, DC, IMO...and the city is totally mean to the homeless as a result. Don't get jaded and drop your guard becuase this is a "small" city. The population here does not stop at the city limits. What is officially only a city of 250K people is actually an urban area of over 1million.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Don`t forget Eola Heights historic district also in downtown Orlando. And collage park, Colonial Town. If you like partying downtown is the place to be if you are young.

Colonial Town is still the hip place to be? wow

I ain't lived in Orlando in years.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,474 times
Thank you everyone, I will let you know the address as soon as I found them out. I am a little hesitent to live in the city right now. I feel like I want to explore first then figure out where I really want to live, and meet a roommate, but for now I think I am going to rent a studio and sign a 7 month lease. Can't wait, see ya down there

Old 08-05-2008, 06:39 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
Colonial Town is still the hip place to be? wow

I ain't lived in Orlando in years.
I think Colonialtown will remain a nice area for years to come and only see the overall area around downtown getting nicer. We are getting a new urban Target on South Orange. Target is the anti-WalMart and brings almost the opposite activity and crowd that WalMart does. There is also a lot of tasteful development in the uptown area of downtown Orlando between Lake Ivanhoe and Colonial along Orange and Magnolia. I think this only helps to reinforce the existing neighborhoods of Colonialtown and Delaney Park. I see these areas fairing a lot better than most suburbs and newly developed areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando