Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 AM

88 posts, read 264,760 times

Advertisements

This is why such a heavy influx of people went to Poinciana/Deltona too. I was selling real estate during the housing boom a few years ago. When the housing prices peaked in Orlando plus NOT ENOUGH SUPPLY I had clients looking outside of Orlando for $200,000 homes. Poinciana/Kissimmee was a hot spot.
I also had a friend married to a Mexican man looking into moving to Poinciana. She refused because of all the racism that goes on among the many different cultures. Puerto Ricans don't like Mexicans, Cubans don't like Puerto Ricans or Columbians...that's how it was at the schools in Orlando. My daughter had never been subjected to such racism until we arrived here. moonbeam

Old 07-22-2007, 03:31 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,865 times
I was told buy someone on here the The Puerto Ricans love their Island brothers from Cuba...but i have been told differently by the Cubans...Im not so sure there is alot of racism In poinciana.. Because most of Poinciana is Either Peutro rican or Jamican ...i think if any of it exsists it against the few Whites that live in the area... I mean Walmart Caters to The people from the island...

Old 07-22-2007, 11:39 PM

6 posts, read 16,752 times
PUNK_SI_ANNA!!! Need I say more?!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:05 PM

Funny Sara

Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 PM

They Arressted someone in connection with the Murder in Poinciana .. and quess what He is Hispanic....So like what i have said before the criminal element in Poinciana is Mainly Hispanic because thats all that live out this way .. So Parents of these OFFENDERS need to start being parents ..or one day it will bite you in da ****!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,664 times
Hi my name is Chris, can you help me please??? I lived in Kissimmee since I was 4. We moved out in the mid 1990's. I MISS MY HOME, I want to move back there a.s.a.p. I talk to a friend of mine that I grew up with and one time he says it sucks then the next he says it is great. I now live in south Georgia, 3 miles from the state line of Florida. Like I said I want to come home but all this crime has me worried. I have two children and a great wife and my job is to protect them and lets say I do my job well. If you don't mind please contact me in my e-mail address at
grizzly7377@yahoo.com
Thank you so much

Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou2007 View Post
We have a friend who lives in Polk County, near the border with Osceola County and she says people walk up to her at gast stations or Walmart and start speaking Spanish (and she is a natural redhead with blue eyes).

Big Deal...Only words you need to know is ....."No habla espanol"...then they will usually try thier best at english..

i get the same thing at work i have people call asking for a spanish speaker....and they ask in english but since only Brazilians work with me i tell the person on the phone that no one speaks spanish and they usually hang up or just order in english...its not ruining my life if someone wants to speak spanish....i wish i knew two languages....

i dont think americans should be expected to know spanish but i think most americans in Orlando over exadurate on the subject that people are speaking spanish in stores or in line while they are waiting at the movies....who cares...you really dont live with those people so why let it ruin your life.....there are plenty of jobs that you dont "have" to speak spanish at in Orlando......Orlando isnt at the level of Miami where there "really" is a "large" population that doesnt know english......

most spanish speakers in Orlando are Puerto ricans and moved here from NYC and they know both languages....its nothing like Miami.....Miami has people straight from Cuba and other South American countries and they come straight over and "really" dont know english....we have it good in Orlando...at least the majority of spanish speakers here "can" speak english

Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 AM

69 posts, read 443,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
most spanish speakers in Orlando are Puerto ricans and moved here from NYC and they know both languages....its nothing like Miami.....Miami has people straight from Cuba and other South American countries and they come straight over and "really" dont know english....we have it good in Orlando...at least the majority of spanish speakers here "can" speak english
One time, I was playing basketball in Vance Harmon park in Poinciana, and some guy injured his ankle pretty bad. He couldn't speak one word of english and was screaming "ambulancia por favor!" over and over again. I had to talk to him in my severely broken Spanish to answer all of the 911 operator's questions. When the EMS arrived, thankfully, someone (another player) from PR was there to translate for them (nobody could speak spanish on the EMS team).

Luckily, this is the exception, not the norm. Most people can speak english fluently, and most of those who can't know enough to get by.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:04 PM

I say if you don't try and learn a little bit then go HOME!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
One time, I was playing basketball in Vance Harmon park in Poinciana, and some guy injured his ankle pretty bad. He couldn't speak one word of english and was screaming "ambulancia por favor!" over and over again. I had to talk to him in my severely broken Spanish to answer all of the 911 operator's questions. When the EMS arrived, thankfully, someone (another player) from PR was there to translate for them (nobody could speak spanish on the EMS team).

Luckily, this is the exception, not the norm. Most people can speak english fluently, and most of those who can't know enough to get by.
in Miami it would have been that maybe none of those people knew english even some EMT's .......there might be pockets of people in Orlando that dont know english but i suggest you drive 3 hours down to Miami and go to downtown Miami and walk tha streets and you will "really" be frustrated if you think Orlando is bad.......I am used to it......as long as im not "required" to learn spanish then i dont care who speaks it.....but i would like to learn or know 2 languages though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando