U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2007, 09:48 PM

69 posts, read 334,546 times

Advertisements

Yeah, besides that one time, I have yet to come across someone who speaks absolutely ZERO english, so it's really not so bad. There was that other guy once, but he had just arrived in the USA, so that's normal.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 PM

2,127 posts, read 2,052,445 times
Just FYI, in that area, many years ago when that area was being built, the government gave incentives to builders to give incentives to the Hispanic population to buy and move into their homes, and thus the reason for the larger Hispanic population. It didn't start off as a negative thing or place to live. It provided opportunities where opportunities were needed, but has grown to something more, as you point out below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady View Post
Solivita is one thing because they only allow seniors and therefore you eliminate many of the problems with the area.but you have to come out from behind the walls sometimes.the rest of poincianna has very high crime (higher per capita than the rest of orland0)there are mant spanish gangs.there are 60,000 residents here and 47,000 of them spanish ,the typical house colors are quickley becoming pastel blue green and yellow.There are no side walks ,you are nine miles from the begining of anything ,except for 2 grocerie stores ,and 2 gas stations .there is a burger king and subway.There has been talk for years of a hospital ,post office (larger than the current one,if you are not there when they open you will be hours!)and moive thearter.but it all keeps going some where else like the four corners area.Builders will admitt behind closed doors ,why should we build anything in poincianna?it is a ghetto and the pricans love it for that.the schools will tell you that head lice is part of life here because the culture that makes the majority here dosent treat it.It is a pandemic here in the schools.about every 4 months a kid will get ran over and killed while riding his bike in the street ,then the parents will yell that avatar should put in sidewalks and it is avatars fault the kids get hit.(the parents should watch their kids,but dont and blame avatar,what does this tell you of those that live here?)tehre have been 3 murders this year already here ,all of them by pricans,dorset street by deerwood has formed a vigilante watch because in 2 weeks time 12 of the houses were burglerized.you wanna live like you are in a third world country move here.dont forget there are only 2 roads out of here and they are both 9 miles of nothing.those 9 miles in rush hour without wrecks will take 60 minutes+.and check your auto insurance rates they will double when you move here even if you come from miami cause they all wreck there cars here,the illegal problem is out of hand to the point that code enforcement has started kicking people out for turning their garages into apartments that house ,in one report 18 people while they wait movement to another part of the state>It a big no dont do it stay away.and even behind the walls is not a high class area ,yes its clean and it is full of nice people but as far as golf course areas go its way low onthe scale of niceness,you want nice country clubs got to volusia county ,gleen abey and debary golf and country club!DO YOUR RESEARCH PLEASE!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 PM

6 posts, read 15,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammachine View Post
LOL.. Stay away from KISSIMMEE ...boricualandia..borelando....rican-hoochie....(used honda civic) regueton blasting mamaricans LOL....sooooo funnyyyyyy

i feel reading abouht p.r we are people

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM

442 posts, read 2,145,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco123 View Post
i feel reading abouht p.r we are people
We Know , However there are Some People ( not just the Puerto Ricans) that really kind of Refuse to speak Englsih , there fore Forcing spanish on people that don't know it , and its very frustrating when you live in a area that is about 50% spanish , and you feel like we are in forign country, Im sure that the people in Puerto Rico, or Cuba or Mexico would not adjust as easily to someone coming in and Speaking only English , Ya Know what i mean...

Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,651 times
Brand new here, so what's the bottom line, we have no kids, are retired and we thought, found a nice home off Doverplum. Driving off times would be no problem. Where we come from in Massachusetts, the population is very diverse we have no problem with that. So the issue is, are the people on this list really really white or what. Are we a tolerant group, or not? I have observed diversity can be a good thing. So what is the reality here more yea or nay????

oldsmokie99

Old 09-01-2007, 06:50 AM

olds, its not a bad area , the traffic is a issue but beleive it or not its way better then it was 2 yrs ago.. we have crime, but where does'nt have crime.. and the police are here trying to control...and doing a decent job..
the Diversity is tremendous here , I would go out on a limb and say its probably one of the most diverse areas in central Florida..
Its a yea if your use to Diversity , but no if not because it would be a bit of a Culture shock !..good luck ..

Old 09-02-2007, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,589 times
Anyone who thinks Poinciana is a ghetto has never seen one, let alone lived in one. I have lived in a subdivision of Solivita (off Marigold) for a year and a half and work full time. Rudeness and bad manners are not sole characteristics of any one race; unfortunately, they span all ethnic groups, even white Americans. I have found that, in general, when you treat people with respect you will receive the same, and the opposite is true. Poinciana was a lower-middle class area long before Avatar built these "upscale" communities. They built here because land was plentiful and relatively cheap, the same reason Walt Disney bought Florida swampland 40 years ago. I have seen many positive things since I have been here: the renovation of the Marigold/Cypress intersection, the opening of the shops at Marketplace, and the start of widening Poinciana Blvd. Phase 1 between Oren Brown and 192 is almost complete. When the Tollway links 17-92, and eventually I-4, it will open up the area for much more growth and development. Property values will increase - in time.

Last edited by Call me Ishmael; 09-02-2007 at 03:37 PM..

Old 09-02-2007, 04:45 PM

WHAT? your kidding about the wideining of Poinciana Blvd? that is nothing more than a wider Race track for all the Punks to race their Crotch Rockets on and maybe even cause a accident of two....
And i beg to differ with you on the 'Low Middle Class" statement It was NEVER that way.I have lived in the same house for 9 yrs..in the Villages and up until 3 yrs ago it was a place of Pride..then The Govt started giving Money away to people WHO COULD never afford to buy a home in the first place now all those people have up and left , Leaving their Homes in a state of mess, and Now the people that take Pride in what their home's Curb appeal looks like and the General Feel around the community are paying the price because its getting to look like the GHETTO!
And I beg you to come out from BEHIND your Big wall and Ride around in the Villages.. you will see what im talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM

26 posts, read 81,257 times
I agree widening poinciana blvd. will just make it a wider raceway with a lot more jerks cutting in and around people and causing accidents becuase there seems to not be too much concern on the police side..I've seen people pass on the merge lanes and do 60 where its 45 and cops just sit there ..
And according to my children at their schools both middle and high the kids openly speak spanish in class and some act like they can't speak english..
One lanquage belongs in class if you can't(I mean can't-not refuse to) speak it you get taught its rude to throw other lanquage around and disruptful .

Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,589 times
Perhaps it should have remained the dirt road it was 50 years ago or the cow pastures and scrublands prior? It is an inadequate and dangerous road as are many others, the result of too much development and little or no infrastructure improvements. Now that's happening and it's a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando