Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 AM

37 posts, read 123,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
...I guess I will have to come back and visit a lot!
My wife and I are already planning our second trip back in less than 6 months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,981 times
im just curious whats so great about central florida that u would want to come back so badly and often? dallas is a huge city with tons going on i would think. real people making real money in real careers in a real/sustainable place.... i would think it would be a great place to live and that plenty of fun stuff would be happening all the time. i dont see any reason to be in central florida from mid may thru mid october. i can see coming during the winter to play golf and enjoy a few sunny days but beyond that i dont see the overwhelming need to be in central florida??

Old 09-09-2008, 03:50 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Maybe it feels like home to the poster? I could move to new York city and be unhappy if I don`t feel at home.

Some people live in Podunk and would not be happy in a big city.

Big city`s with culture and lots to do may not be a priority for everyone.

I like cities my wife has no interest in them and could live in Podunk so we live outside the city because I am not living in Podunk so we made a compromise.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
im just curious whats so great about central florida that u would want to come back so badly and often? dallas is a huge city with tons going on i would think. real people making real money in real careers in a real/sustainable place.... i would think it would be a great place to live and that plenty of fun stuff would be happening all the time. i dont see any reason to be in central florida from mid may thru mid october. i can see coming during the winter to play golf and enjoy a few sunny days but beyond that i dont see the overwhelming need to be in central florida??
I just miss it. It's been home for the past 10 years. When friends have babies, get married, or have health concerns, I feel like a choad for not being there. And all of the above has happened in the past 18 months. Home is home - for the good and the bad.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Maybe it feels like home to the poster? I could move to new York city and be unhappy if I don`t feel at home.

Some people live in Podunk and would not be happy in a big city.

Big city`s with culture and lots to do may not be a priority for everyone.

I like cities my wife has no interest in them and could live in Podunk so we live outside the city because I am not living in Podunk so we made a compromise.
True!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:32 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Dallas is overrated IMO. I still say its "blah" here and dreary. BTW there are many "rude" people here as well, almost worse than Orlando.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,749 times
I saw on TV that people in Dallas are so car oriented that they will actually drive down their driveway to get to their mailbox instead of just walk. Have you seen this there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Dallas is overrated IMO. I still say its "blah" here and dreary. BTW there are many "rude" people here as well, almost worse than Orlando.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 PM

And what are we in Fla.--cyborgs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
dallas is a huge city with tons going on i would think. real people making real money in real careers

Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I saw on TV that people in Dallas are so car oriented that they will actually drive down their driveway to get to their mailbox instead of just walk. Have you seen this there?
I haven't seen this personally, but I wouldn't doubt it. Some houses have some large driveways. I've never seen so many Porsches, BMWs, and Mercedes in my life! I've seen plenty of Ferrari's as well, so yeah ppl love their cars here. It's almost a must to have a good car here because the roads suck so bad. The infrastructure is great but the condition of the roads is downright disgusting!!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM

Really? I would have thought they'd have new modern highways there. Does it get cold enough to have potholes in Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I haven't seen this personally, but I wouldn't doubt it. Some houses have some large driveways. I've never seen so many Porsches, BMWs, and Mercedes in my life! I've seen plenty of Ferrari's as well, so yeah ppl love their cars here. It's almost a must to have a good car here because the roads suck so bad. The infrastructure is great but the condition of the roads is downright disgusting!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando