Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM

95 posts, read 354,577 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving to Lake Nona after i finish college from SW Florida. How is that area to live? Is it bad? Any Info about Lake Nona would be greatly apreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 06:10 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,938,238 times
Lake nona area is a more upscale area.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 PM

124 posts, read 505,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcabrer1 View Post
I am planning on moving to Lake Nona after i finish college from SW Florida. How is that area to live? Is it bad? Any Info about Lake Nona would be greatly apreciated.
Lake Nona is a great place to live close to everything you need, YMCA, shopping, all new schools, golf out the waaazoo, New med school, Nemors hospital, airport, half hour to the beach, parks, lakes, wild deer and other wild life, nice people and lots of money. Anything else you need to know? Just ask.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:58 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,130,949 times
I get alot of people that love the Lake Nona area. For many of the reasons mentioned above with the "medical city" going in, the upscale Lake Nona Golf course, along with a few other courses in the area. Great schools (pending new high school being built), not too much traffic in the area with easy access to the 528 and the 417 that will take you directly to the airport, florida mall, international drive, waterford lakes, the tech corridor, and even disney.

I see a few couples that recently graduated moving there that are in the medical field. Some families that work at UCF's hospitality school, and many that work at the airport. Even a few Space Coast people check out Lake Nona. I imagine when all the medical buildings are completed there will be even more.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,806,722 times
Lake Nona is a place on the move. a beautiful upscale community that is growing at every turn. Being to the East of the airport is is freed from the flight paths. As mentioned by others there are some spectaculr medical facilities planned for the area and I suspect it will become the residence for many of those that work there. Presently there is a lack of some stores but the area is adding more each month. In time it will have all the amenities found in other parts of the city. Being so close to the 528 ithe area does lend itself to anyone that travels as the airport is so close. As Narcoossee expands the passage in and out will be much improved. Access to the 417 makes disney to Lake Mary a pretty easy jaunt. Probably the worse thing that can be said is about the schools as they are not yet the quality of the ones found in Oviedo or Winter Park. All in time.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 17,395 times
I agree with the rest of the people here, I live near Lake Nona and the place is "booming". The new UCF Medical School is opening up in that area (first medical school in Central Florida) also new Valencia CC will be opening up.

Nice neighborhoods are around the area and also near the interstate to go to main Orlando and other places.

I recommend for you to move there.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 PM

732 posts, read 4,147,658 times
Lake Nona is where all the rich people live

Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,495,880 times
Is Lake Nona where they found all the bombs under the schools and peoples houses?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:36 PM

561 posts, read 1,914,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
Lake Nona is where all the rich people live
That would be Bay Hill.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 PM

561 posts, read 1,914,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Is Lake Nona where they found all the bombs under the schools and peoples houses?
I think that's Vista Lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando