Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 AM

7 posts, read 65,917 times

Advertisements

Is Haines City a good or bad idea for a job, home, and school, for a single mother with 2 kids (1 and 4 ys old)? Can anyone please give me an equal amount of reasons to choose vs not to choose Haines City? Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 AM

55 posts, read 233,833 times
Most people will scream NO! I have a property in Southern Dunes and it is Great secure and very good for my two boys. I have it now in rental as I live in the UK. There are good jobs and plenty of fresh air. Haines City is a small and somewhat run down town but there are plenty of fantastic areas aroud it.Look past the city and you will find a rewally nice area on the up.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 AM

Default thanks

a rundown town, huh...wow. i have yet to drive by the place. i moved to FL from HI due to family obligations and with all of the negative comments that i'm seeing, I'm getting quite discouraged. However, I am quite sure that God has led me to FL to fulfil His duty for me, so I trust that I'll eventually find the right church, job, home, and school for my kids. Safety is of importance, though...and a short commute to and from work. Until I get this straightened out, I'll be stuck staying at timeshares.

Thanks for your opinion!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:33 AM

55 posts, read 233,833 times
Check out Southern Dunes Just off US27 its very nice. No need to actually go into Haines City If you dont want to. As for schools I cant say.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 AM

how long have you lived in the area? when did you leave haines city? which areas should i avoid? thanks for all the info.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Lightbulb well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee314 View Post
Is Haines City a good or bad idea for a job, home, and school, for a single mother with 2 kids (1 and 4 ys old)? Can anyone please give me an equal amount of reasons to choose vs not to choose Haines City? Thank you.
I saw it in 2001 and was not remotely impressed. Not exactly a boom town. Are you trying to find a job there?

sunny.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 AM

7 posts, read 32,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee314 View Post
This city or area is not a good choice for you for these reasons: There is little to none for work. there are the usual jobs here, like working at a grocery store or fast foods but very few better paying jobs. Housing cost would be about the same as if you elected to move to a bigger city in the area. Winter Haven and Lakeland come to mine these would have a much larger choice of jobs and propbably better paying too.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 20,363 times
Haines City is a great place to live and the work is ok here if you need to drive to winter haven it is maybe 15 miles our town is going thur alot of redevelopement . Iwas born here 56 years ago and know that our schools churches police and fire are all very good . Our downtown area went thur a couple of downtown fires and several hurricanes , yet it is being rebuild and the old building are being redone to keep their aged appearence . the people of this area are nice . people that are not aware of it do not know that the cirus industry is what build our town alot of low pay but really great people . we are now going thur arapid growth a nd are zoning in alot of the rural area houses and apartments are being build all around I am proud to be a born and raised Hainescitian

Old 06-29-2007, 06:15 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,304 times
there are some very nice areas of Haines City...The Downtown area is looking good...the Fire works at lake eva are almost as good as the ones in Detroit ( GO WINGS).. But , and I say this only because i have driven through the area there a ALOT of "SHacks" that house some Illegals ...so be careful! also I have seen alot of Gang Graffiti with the SUR13 which from what i understand are a very dangerous gang.. but gangs area everywhere and so is crime

Old 06-30-2007, 08:24 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
i know this has nothing to do with this forum, but do people in Haines city have a southern accent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando