Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 12:31 PM

764 posts, read 386,130 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who lives in Davenport and he said taking the backroads it takes them only 10 minutes to get to Disney!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 01:09 PM

39 posts, read 59,768 times
If you are working in Orlando do not even consider Davenport. As someone else mentioned in the last few years the traffic from 27 to 192 (Disney area) has become absolutely horrible. A lot of people who work at Disney live in Davenport so you have terrible traffic in the morning and evening.

I know this as I live in Celebration and I see the traffic you would be in every day. I have watched it do nothing but get worse and worse over the last few years. And don't think taking 192 to 27, Old Lake Wilson Road or Poinciana Blvd. will get you around it either. Those are the first routes that people try to go to when they see I-4 jammed up and then those routes get jammed up.

The whole problem with the Champions Gate, Davenport, Four Corners area is that the area was never built for the growth it has experienced over the last 10 years. New roads were never built and existing roads were rarely expanded. The population out there is probably two to three times greater than the capacity those roads were designed to handle. Plus there are only a few routes out there so they all get jammed up. Sure the home prices might be cheaper out there but you are paying for that in another way. Isolation and traffic.

And don't think going to work at 7 a.m. and leaving work at 6 p.m. will save you either. Traffic out there starts to build around 6 a.m. going towards Orlando and Disney and in the afternoon traffic back out to Champions Gate, Davenport and Four Corners doesn't begin to decrease until at least 8 p.m. I've even seen it go as late as 9 p.m.

Davenport to Orlando is a long drive even with no traffic. You are looking at a 45 minute to 1 hour drive depending on where you are coming from in Davenport and where you are going in Orlando. With traffic though, which is near constant many days, you are looking at almost a 2 hour drive EACH WAY!

Old 09-26-2018, 02:44 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83austin83 View Post

Davenport to Orlando is a long drive even with no traffic. You are looking at a 45 minute to 1 hour drive depending on where you are coming from in Davenport and where you are going in Orlando. With traffic though, which is near constant many days, you are looking at almost a 2 hour drive EACH WAY!
Might as well live in Brevard County with that kind of commute and be near the beach with better schools overall

Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM

39 posts, read 59,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Might as well live in Brevard County with that kind of commute and be near the beach with better schools overall
If I was working in Downtown Orlando I would try to either live out by Oviedo or Brevard County. I would absolutely live in Brevard County over Polk County if I was commuting downtown. About the same time and a much better environment. The only downside would be the tolls.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:58 PM

16,826 posts, read 14,969,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83austin83 View Post
If I was working in Downtown Orlando I would try to either live out by Oviedo or Brevard County. I would absolutely live in Brevard County over Polk County if I was commuting downtown. About the same time and a much better environment. The only downside would be the tolls.
Or better yet, live close to a Sunrail station. I work downtown, and I use it all the time. I leave from Sanford in the morning, and use it during the day when I need to go to Winter Park. If I were looking to move, I'd be willing to live as far out as DeBary, since traffic becomes a moot point if using the train to commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando