Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 07:21 PM

62 posts, read 452,403 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom unit for $573 a month. Does anyone know if this is a nice place to live? I have only seen pictures from the website, and from what I see it looks fairly decent. Is this area a nice place to live? I will also have to attend Dr. Phillips High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,115,686 times
It is in Metrowest, which is a very busy area that also has some issues with crime. You are probably down far enough on Kirkman to be out of the bad area here, but avoid the area north of there where the Walmart and community college are. I think the better parts of Metrowest are west of there toward Hiawassee. You would probably be fine there, but it is not the absolute best option either.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM

8 posts, read 18,346 times
You don't know where to live anymore.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 AM

88 posts, read 310,771 times
Wilshire pretty much nailed it. I don't think you'll have any problems there, and that looks like a nice price. Just make sure you don't sign a lease until you have a chance to check it out for yourself.

Only drawback is that it is not out of the realm of possibility that a wandering dirtbag might make his way down to you from the WalMart parking lot at some point.

Good luck with the move...I hope everything turns out well for you.

P.S. - Dr. Phillips is an excellent school from what I have heard. You should have no worries there. Is also quite close to the apartment you are looking at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: