Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM

9 posts, read 86,126 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
My wife and I have put our house in Ohio up for sale and plan on buying in Solivita.

The information we are getting says that Solivita is about 60% built out, and at the reduced current rate of building, it will be years before the area is complete.

Now, with that being said, we are starting to question the viablity of Solivita continuing as it currently is known. With slow building, and those who currently live there change their minds and decide to sell, it seems that there is more than enough supply for the small demand.

If there is anyone on here who has some insight. We are listening.
BTW..we are presently only interested in Solivita and not the Villages or any other over 55 areas.

Thanks for the replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,807,550 times
The developer will simply not built out an additional phase until market conditions improve. Most large scale developments like Solivita can easily maintain themselves on HOA dues by phase, and don't rely on the next phase being built to keep fees in check. As far as I know, all of the promised amenities are complete.

It's when developers walk away from new projects after finishing three houses and leaving 12 half built, no promised amenities completed, and 80 first phase homesites that are just piles of dirt that it becomes a problem. This is certainly not the case at Solivita.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 PM

986 posts, read 3,535,291 times
Solivita is a great community, and eventually when the market rebounds i dont see an issue with the demand increasing. Indeed the demand is still there, but people are holding out to try to time their purchase with the bottom of the market, but also are concerned and rightly so with their own economic situation.

however, in its current state, Solivita is quite large, and even if the builder stopped now, it would not be affected as most if not all the ammenities have been built out.

It is possible that building will be suspended, purely because of market conditions, but the builder is likely to hold on to its land and wait for the market to rebound before building and even then it would probably not be as before with holding lots of inventory but only when there is a contract on a property would they start building, which in this market is standard practive now.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 PM

238 posts, read 739,247 times
Now is the time to buy in Solivita, we bought in the Courtyards and for the price we paid for a condo, we could have had one of the large houses. Very quiet and peaceful. With the various clubs, pools, and spa (work out gym, inside pool and track, outside pool) you can be as busy as you want. Far enough from Orlando, Kissimmee and the maddening crowds and close enough to enjoy the big city life

Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the replies folks. Just reinforces what we have been hoping to hear from those that actually are near the heartbeat and can give the REAL information, not jaded by the one trying to get you to buy.

Thanks again.
Wayne

Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 PM

32 posts, read 128,897 times
Default Solvita costs?

My mother is interested in moving back to Florida and I suggested Solvita to her because she'd be close enough to places of interest. I'd like to assist her in buying but I'd like to know more about the HOA fees and other costs associated with living there. This would be her first home at 57 years old and I just want to try to help her make a well informed decision.

P.S. She's worried about flooding and what she'd do if this happens. I told her that it'd be a perfect time to learn to swim! We joke alot!

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 PM

If you are interested in finding the HOA fees , taxes, etc. They are typically posted with the MLS listing..

There are Real Estate agents here on the forum that would I am sure be glad to assist you. One of them has posted on this thread.

Solivita is our FIRST choice and probably the main reason for choosing this area. Our take is very secure and lots of shopping nearby, but without the mega traffic found elsewhere.

Now, if our home in Ohio would just sell..we'd be neighbors with your mother.!!

Good luck in your search.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 18,186 times
Default Appraiser

[FONT=Verdana]As a person who values properties all day every day, I feel the smart person is buying right now. If there is any property which you have set your heart to, this is the time to purchase it. Do not be afraid of the market conditions, as it is only going through the natural order of things. As always it will climb back up. You buy when it's down and sell when it's up. At present in this area Solivita has retained a fairly high value even in the current market conditions. The homes in the development are impressively higher in value then those only a short distance from them. It is a wonderful community with all the bells and whistles one would desire. I say go for it, that’s my opinion.[/FONT]

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

238 posts, read 739,247 times
The sales staff here at Solivita can cover the maintenance and HOA fees. We are not in a flood area. My homeowners insurance runs about 650.00 a year on a house valued at 265,000.00.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 PM

43 posts, read 119,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmccloud View Post
As a person who values properties all day every day, I feel the smart person is buying right now. If there is any property which you have set your heart to, this is the time to purchase it. Do not be afraid of the market conditions, as it is only going through the natural order of things. As always it will climb back up. You buy when it's down and sell when it's up. At present in this area Solivita has retained a fairly high value even in the current market conditions. The homes in the development are impressively higher in value then those only a short distance from them. It is a wonderful community with all the bells and whistles one would desire. I say go for it, that’s my opinion.
Great suggestion and observation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando