U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2008, 07:46 AM

527 posts, read 1,034,755 times
Default Which weekly-rate motel is best?

I've got some people coming into town to visit, and they need an affordable place to stay. I've seen several along 192 here in Kissimmee that advertise just 149/week. Since this is so cheap, I figure at least some of them may be kind of seedy. Have any of you had any personal experience with them and, if so, which would you recommend?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 AM

23,511 posts, read 30,966,214 times
I wouldn't let my dog stay at anyplace advertising $149 a week. Yuck!

Check VRBO.com for condo's for rent in the area, you should be able to find something reasonable. If they aren't coming over a holiday, don't be afraid to make the owner an offer for a lower rental rate. Lots of people are barely hanging on to their rental homes these days, and any rent is better than no rent.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM

I tried going to vrbo.com and got a weird-looking page that looks like it's for computer programmers. Are you sure that's the right one?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM

23,511 posts, read 30,966,214 times
It worked fine for me, I just tried it again.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:50 AM

43,862 posts, read 26,699,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I've got some people coming into town to visit, and they need an affordable place to stay. I've seen several along 192 here in Kissimmee that advertise just 149/week. Since this is so cheap, I figure at least some of them may be kind of seedy. Have any of you had any personal experience with them and, if so, which would you recommend?
I stayed at a couple of them when I first moved here to Orlando and my daughter is staying at one now.

The problem is, they usually don't really resemble their ads online. They aren't super clean and they can have quite a few people who rent there who "work the streets" so you get a lot of night noise. Still, for the money, it's not a bad deal. To do an upgrade into one of the resort villa/condo rentals can get expensive. They require not only the higher rental cost, but also cleaning fees and deposits. During the off season you can get some really nice rates though.

Most hotels have a fridge and a micro....so you can find some excellent deals going that route as well. They are hard to find online, but if you drive up to these hotels and go inside to speak to the manager, they usually have discounted week rates. Just make sure to LOOK AT THE EXACT ROOM YOU WILL BE RENTING before paying.

The rule of thumb applies in that you get what you pay for. However, if someone is on a limited budget and can overlook a few things, they can be totally safe and comfortable in the In Town Suites or better yet.... one of the Suburban Extended Stay Hotels.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:00 AM

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 47,827 times
Hey Glory B can you give us some info of which hotels? Which one is your daughter staying at? We are moving to Orlando from Southern Ohio Feb 1, 2009 and Our new home in Orlando is not ready and we have sold our home here and have to be out Jan 31 so we are looking for something CHEAP and also because we have two dogs and are kinda use to not staying at the nicest places when we travel over our pets...Ive looked online and the prices are just crazy for some of these places....As far as the night traffic like I said we have had to stay at ALOT of not so nice hotels with the dogs so it really doesnt bother us.
Thanks, If you want you can email us with the info Moderator cut: Personal information not recommended with us not living there we really do not know much about the cheapier hotels with weekly rates and also we have just vacationed there.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-14-2010 at 05:31 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 PM

43,862 posts, read 26,699,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnw740 View Post
Hey Glory B can you give us some info of which hotels? Which one is your daughter staying at? We are moving to Orlando from Southern Ohio Feb 1, 2009 and Our new home in Orlando is not ready and we have sold our home here and have to be out Jan 31 so we are looking for something CHEAP and also because we have two dogs and are kinda use to not staying at the nicest places when we travel over our pets...Ive looked online and the prices are just crazy for some of these places....As far as the night traffic like I said we have had to stay at ALOT of not so nice hotels with the dogs so it really doesnt bother us.
Thanks, If you want you can email us with the info]od] Personal information not recommended [/mod] with us not living there we really do not know much about the cheapier hotels with weekly rates and also we have just vacationed there.
OK. I sent you links to some of the cheaper places that may allow pets. Email me back if you want any additional info or need me to check out something for you.
(I understand "cheap" and "I love my dog"...... )

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-14-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 01:01 AM

11 posts, read 64,282 times
I could use the names of those hotels too. Could you please post them?
Thanks

Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM

5,973 posts, read 3,409,641 times
The best weekly hotel in Orlando is the Crossland. If you call them they will give you a cheap rate.

Crossland Economy Studios - Check discount hotels for the Orlando area for accommodations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando