Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 AM

6 posts, read 26,088 times

Advertisements

So towards the end of January we will be relocating to Orlando (Winter Park would be our first choice) and we have been looking online at HUNDREDS of apartments. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations. Ideally we would like to pay $800.00/month for rent. Is it even possible to find a decent place for that amount? I mean, all these places can't be as nice as the pictures...right? I'm really looking to gather as much information about the area as I can, anything you think would be helpful. I am a chef so I will also be looking for good restaurants to apply at. Thanks for all your input, very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 05:18 PM

113 posts, read 309,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymbee00 View Post
So towards the end of January we will be relocating to Orlando (Winter Park would be our first choice) and we have been looking online at HUNDREDS of apartments. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations. Ideally we would like to pay $800.00/month for rent. Is it even possible to find a decent place for that amount? I mean, all these places can't be as nice as the pictures...right? I'm really looking to gather as much information about the area as I can, anything you think would be helpful. I am a chef so I will also be looking for good restaurants to apply at. Thanks for all your input, very much appreciated!
I will be moving to kissimmee fl within 2 years. You can google jobs and apartment by puttiing orlando on. I found nice houses for 875.00. You are so lucky to be moving now. You will love it. I was down in nov. It was very nice.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:17 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine18102 View Post
I will be moving to kissimmee fl within 2 years. You can google jobs and apartment by puttiing orlando on. I found nice houses for 875.00. You are so lucky to be moving now. You will love it. I was down in nov. It was very nice.
I would stay away from Kissimmee.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
I second that. Celebration, Hunters Creek, Formosa Gardens, Lake Buena Vista... these are all much nicer places in the general area than Kissimmee. Kissimmee has good shopping options, but is lined with budget hotels and low income housing. If you head out to the east on Boggy Creek or 192 it gets nicer, as well as some areas south of Kissimmee before Poinciana. Overall, in Kissimmee the bad outweighs the good and the nice pockets are few and far between.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:49 AM

290 posts, read 688,598 times
Quote:

Well honestly, it'd be tough to find a place in WP for $800/mth, unless it's a much older complex. If you don't care about that, then you could definitely find something (i.e. Orlando Apartments - Apartment for Rent in Winter Park, Florida). WP is a nicer area, but it's older with a lot of the houses being built back in the 50's & 60's. It's kind of widespread, but some parts of WP have million dollar homes (Park Ave. area), and then some areas are just lined with apartments (Semoran area). There are a lot of nice restaurants in the area as well though. There's 2 areas that are kind of their upscale shopping/restaurant locations..the 1st being the shops on Park Ave., and then the other being the Winter Park Village (different than the link above). Good luck with your hunting.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:19 AM

6 posts, read 26,088 times
Thank you for your feedback everyone, I appreciate it! I have been thinking a lot about the apartment complex "Serenity at Tuskawilla" in/near Winter Park, if anyone know anything about them...?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,782,668 times
Quote:
We live in Lake Mary in a complex called Bentley Park. Seminole County has higher rated schools than Orango County if you have children and there are a lot of nice restaurants in the Heathrow area and there is an easy commute to Winter Park and Altamonte Springs. We pay $1200/month for rent for a 2BR/2BA 1200 sq. ft. apartment and you can get 2 months free if you sign a year lease so that averages out to about $1000/month. The complex is kept up well and it was built in (I believe) 2000 so it has fairly new features. Our neighbors are very nice too. Oh, and btw, our kitchen is large!

There are a lot of nice apartment complexes in the Orlando area, but this is the only complex we have stayed at so I can give you advice based on our experience here. You may want to check online reviews for complexes before you move in like on apartmentrating.com. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:12 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
You can keep an eye on the local rentals and deals with this link:
Orlando apartments for rent - Also find apartments in Central Florida -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Don't do what I did and rent a place online BEFORE seeing the area it is in. I ended up in a horrible area for the first months of living in Orlando. I finally was able to move last week and oh God...what a great Christmas present THAT was!

I think you will like the Winter Park area, but again, be careful about renting anywhere before checking it out. What a place looks like online and what it may REALLY look like or what the neighborhood may look like....could be two different things entirely.

If I had to do it over again, I would have stayed in a hotel for a few days and checked out an area completely before signing a lease. Cleanliness and crime are two things an apartment ad won't cover. If you find a few places online that you are interested in, feel free to post them for some local feedback.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM

can you tell me the things wrong with kissimmee fl. I am moving away from crime, killings, drugs and do want not to move somewhere that is bad or worst them i am at now.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:40 AM

Default what is wrong with kissimmee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I would stay away from Kissimmee.
. can you name the problems in kissimmee. It seems like a nice town when i came down to visit. Here we have killing, drugs and alot of crime. i do not want to move there if it is just as bad or worst them living in allentown pa. The new major is trying to clean it but that is not possible since alot of people are moving here from bigger cities. we have 107,000 people living here. I grew up in a small town.3,000 people live there. How many people live in kissimmee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando