Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,640 times

Advertisements

3.2 Million aliens... I assure you, probably 80%- 90% are illegal. I used to work with Immigration lawyers a few years back... trust me on this, we have statistics from the Immigration lawyers organizations. Oh and most have a criminal record or outstanding warrant.

Is anyone surprised there is a LOT of crime in Orlando and FL in general???!

Oh, the article below is an example of the media manipulating facts and only reporting one side of the story - the side that shows that supposedly ALL aliens are good. Where are the hundreds of crack dealers, child molestors, bank robbers, kidnappers, etc that are illegal aliens and are not reported here? Exactly, they were never mentioned in this article or any other articles put out by the liberal media.

Not just that... where is the story about the illegal aliens taking so much of the FL healthycare system that poor AMERICANS and LEGAL immigrants cannot get??? Where is the story about $100 billion Dollars a year having to be spent to incarcerate, feed, educate, and provide food stamps and welfare to the 20 million illegals?? No, it is not posted here as the Orlando Sentinel sympathizes with illegals and hope they will buy papers en Espanol once they get the amnesty Congressw is trying to push down American's throats.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/custom/growth/orl-immig0907apr09,0,4480823.story?coll=orl-home-promo (broken link)

Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 AM

Arrow Take a look at this thread and tell me what you think

This is a thread with just a glimpse of the crime news. Most of the crime news never gets to the local chanell's websites, as they don't have time to do the transcribing for the site.

Check out these guys and tell me (honestly): do you think most of these people are legally in the USA? Nah, man. Most are here illegally, I assure you. I used to work with aliens, I know the drill.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Arrow Take a look at this thread and tell me what you think

This is a thread with just a glimpse of the crime news. Most of the crime news never gets to the local chanell's websites, as they don't have time to do the transcribing for the site.

Check out these guys and tell me (honestly): do you think most of these people are legally in the USA? Nah, man. Most are here illegally, I assure you. I used to work with aliens, I know the drill.

Orlando-Central Florida Crime news

How about this... Americans cannot get healthycare while illegal aliens just drain the system and take their money, tax-free, back to their home countires. I am talking about taxpayers NOT egtting the care that is available to them because illegal aliens FLOOD the system and suck up every penny out of it. Illegal aliens are like vampires in terms of government services. So next time you complain that schools are fulle to the limit, you had to wait 2 months to see a public doctor for an exam, or get hit by a car and the drive take soff because he/she has no insurance or license, remember to thank our Congress and dumb mayors who refuse to have their cops ask people about their immigration status.

Prenatal cases flood local clinics for poor

Robyn Shelton | Sentinel Medical Writer
Posted March 11, 2007

Medical clinics that serve the poor in Florida are being overwhelmed by illegal immigrants and other uninsured women needing prenatal services, creating a looming crisis that already has forced at least one health department to close its doors to pregnant patients.

Mark S. Williams worries that local women may not get care in the future because providers do not have the staff, money or ability to meet the rising need. In Orange County, the number of women seeking prenatal services from these groups has climbed 65 percent since 2002.

Many are illegal immigrants, who do not qualify for government coverage for the poor through Medicaid. But there's also a growing number of uninsured U.S. citizens who earn slightly too much to qualify for Medicaid but too little to buy private insurance.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mprenatal1107mar11,0,671207.story (broken link)

Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 PM

170 posts, read 753,381 times
there isnt even 3.2 million residents in orlando so how can there be 3.2 million illegal aliens?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:11 AM

88 posts, read 846,883 times
Default Another planet

Doesn't let the facts spoil his article

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich renter View Post
there isnt even 3.2 million residents in orlando so how can there be 3.2 million illegal aliens?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:37 AM

24 posts, read 82,574 times
Most of the crime in Orlando is committed by legal people. White.Black,Spanish there is an small percentage of illegals here, compared to other cities.
Don't forget most Spanish here are Puerto Ricans and they are legal.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:40 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,213,281 times
"Don't forget most Spanish here are Puerto Ricans and they are legal"

but when you hear of road rage incidents, break-ins and murders, what ethnicity are they USUALLY? you'd see a common theme if you watch our news daily.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 PM

24 posts, read 82,574 times
Second in my list right? well my point is, people tend to blame all crime to illegal aliens, when most crime is committed by American citizens.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 38,112 times
in Miami and Fort Lauderdale have more imigrants and have less Crime than Orlando. see it here Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

I agree with Marc45 "people tend to blame all crime to illegal aliens" All I see from this user that post this theme is complainig about Ilegal aliens and 11 Resumes a day

I think is the main issue is economy and the education.

I live in Miami and belive it or not a lot of companies call me from Orlando with great salaries

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 04:50 AM..

Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM

448 posts, read 1,855,673 times
The problem of illegal immigrants will never be solved by claiming that the liberal media is masquerading the problem or that our conservative president wants the latino vote. We can't fix the problem either with posts like the one that started this thread. We need actual facts and a solution. Screaming out of our lungs about illegal immigrants and blaming them for the quality of life of our cities will not get the problem solve.

For good or bad, illegal immigrants keep coming to America because WE WANT THEM TO COME. Who else is going to do the dirty jobs they task daily? nor white or black American wants to spend the entire day out there picking up our vegetables.

Orlando's Hispanic population is mostly Puerto Rican. And ALL PR's are US citizens. We can't blame them for the crime problems that Orlando has. It is too easy to generalize and point the finger at a new group, the famous American escape goat. We Americans love to blame others for our problems and don't take the time to look deeper into the issue. I could do something similar and say that President Bush was re-elected because only people with his similar low IQ voted for him again in 2004, mainly Southerners that share his IQ. But that wouldn’t be fare and very inaccurate. We just can't generalize on a population.

Socially speaking, it is true that most minorities are responsible for crimes in our nation's big city. But this is only true because the majority (white Americans), exclude others groups. A kind of minimal ethnic cleansing.......

But then, if we look at the smaller rural towns, we hear of horrendous crimes like school shot outs and bombs, which most of the times are done by the White majority. That would be a different topic, but why is it that minorities have the tendency of committing more numerous crimes but to a lesser degree of gravity, while most violent and out of this world crimes are committed by white men?

Anyways, I am heading off topic. So back to the main issue.

Don't get me wrong, I am against illegal immigration. The minute they cross Rio Grande without papers, they should be arrested and turn back to their country. But since that is not happening, we have to ensure that our local elected officials take action with new laws that would make it a serious crime to be illegally in this country. Our federal government has not done much about it, since Washington is divided into party lines and nothing gets accomplished, and that brings me to my first paragraph, we must forget our party affiliations and get down to business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando